Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

Inzuher's Avatar


Inzuher
12.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Sure I believe she would not forget Revan, but at the same time she could have affair with others.

Just like Satele Shan had a son with Jace but later had romance with another guy in Threat of Peace comic.
Well it is possible. However, I don't see why it is relevant?
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Well it is possible. However, I don't see why it is relevant?
I'm just talking about possibility that's all.

Glad they didn't use Vima Sunrider in KOTOR, she would not be that interesting like Bastila.

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
12.09.2012 , 07:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
But after subjecting her to torture for a week, Malak eventually succeeded in forcing her to give in to her hate and fall to the dark side.

I remember she said it in the game, so that's quite weak in my dictionary.
Hold on a second. Holding out for a week while being tortured is weak? Let me rephrase what Wookieepedia said. Bastila was tortured for a week before she gave in. A week! And she was Malak's only project at the time. I dare say that no one on these forums would hold out for an hour of constant torture, let alone seven days.

And it's not even like her torture had any real reason behind it, apart from the act itself. Malak wasn't looking for information. Oh, sure, he could have used another apprentice after Revan so easily beheaded Darth Bandon, but I think the real reason why he tortured Bastila was because he knew it would hurt Revan. He wanted to turn Bastila to cause Revan pain.

And she held out for seven days. She's got balls of steel, if you ask me.

But, the the point of the question in the OP, sure. Revan could have found love. But, instead, he decided to find the final solution to the Sith equation. And, if he actually did survive the Foundry (I don't think he did), then it could be possible he finds love later on. There will always be that part of him that loves Bastila. And he may never love that deeply again. But, he could find someone, sure.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 07:39 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Hold on a second. Holding out for a week while being tortured is weak? Let me rephrase what Wookieepedia said. Bastila was tortured for a week before she gave in. A week! And she was Malak's only project at the time. I dare say that no one on these forums would hold out for an hour of constant torture, let alone seven days.

And it's not even like her torture had any real reason behind it, apart from the act itself. Malak wasn't looking for information. Oh, sure, he could have used another apprentice after Revan so easily beheaded Darth Bandon, but I think the real reason why he tortured Bastila was because he knew it would hurt Revan. He wanted to turn Bastila to cause Revan pain.

And she held out for seven days. She's got balls of steel, if you ask me.
So what? Even Anakin took Palpatine 13 years to corrupt, why didn't Palpatine just lock him up and let Dooku torture him for a week? Baras was a powerful Sith as well but even Normen Karr's agent could endure all his torture then he said "BAH! I CANNOT BREAK HIM!" and had to risk his powerful apprentice to get the Ravager.

Personally I think Malak is a failure as Sith, he failed to kill or surpass his master, and his words before dying disgusted me, especially the dark side end "I AM NOTHING!" should never come out from a Sith Lord.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.09.2012 , 08:08 PM | #25
Malak turned Bastila to the darkside because she was an inexperienced Padawan who had yet to properly handle strong emotions. It wasn't that the torture itself that broke her, it was the fact that Malak made her realize the power that all that pain and anger gave her. Also, Malak grew stronger as he became Dark Lord of the Sith. I'm inclined to think that Malak did surpass Revan, only to be surpassed in turn by him. He does say that Revan was stronger near the end of Kotor I than he ever was as a Sith Lord.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 08:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Malak turned Bastila to the darkside because she was an inexperienced Padawan who had yet to properly handle strong emotions. It wasn't that the torture itself that broke her, it was the fact that Malak made her realize the power that all that pain and anger gave her. Also, Malak grew stronger as he became Dark Lord of the Sith. I'm inclined to think that Malak did surpass Revan, only to be surpassed in turn by him. He does say that Revan was stronger near the end of Kotor I than he ever was as a Sith Lord.
Quote:
"I suppose… I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. [cough] It might have been yours, perhaps… but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing."
I think that's pretty weak from a Dark Lord of the Sith.

The non canon DS ending is even worse

Quote:
Yes. I cannot deny it any longer. You are the one who deserves... who deserves to be the Dark Lord. You were the one who found the first Star Map on Dantooine, Revan, and it was you who led us on our quest for the Star Forge. I only followed in your wake. I tried to usurp your rule, to steal the title of Sith Master from you. But now I understand. The destiny is yours Revan. Not mine. You... you are Darth Revan, Lord... Lord of the Sith. And I... I am nothing.
What the heck is that? It's just disgusting to hear from any Sith, not to say a Dark Lord of the Sith.

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
12.09.2012 , 08:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So what? Even Anakin took Palpatine 13 years to corrupt, why didn't Palpatine just lock him up and let Dooku torture him for a week? Baras was a powerful Sith as well but even Normen Karr's agent could endure all his torture then he said "BAH! I CANNOT BREAK HIM!" and had to risk his powerful apprentice to get the Ravager.

Personally I think Malak is a failure as Sith, he failed to kill or surpass his master, and his words before dying disgusted me, especially the dark side end "I AM NOTHING!" should never come out from a Sith Lord.
This is like the Satele/Malgus thing all over again.

It didn't take Palpatine 13 years to corrupt Anakin. It took him 13 years to become a trusted adviser to Anakin so that he could corrupt him. It took 13 years of building the kid up, so that he could tear him down in a matter of weeks. You're comparing physical and mental torture to subtle psychological machinations. They're pretty much the exact opposite of each other. He wasn't called Darth Sidious for nothing. Palpatine loved the mind games.

Malak, however, was very much the impatient kind. Can't find Bastila after a couple of days (or hours, depending on the source) of searching a planet? Might as well just bombard it. Want to cause pain to someone you hate, even if you're no match for him in a straight-up fight? Cause pain to someone he loves.

Why didn't Palpatine let Dooku torture Anakin for a week? Any number of reasons. Take your pick:
- Anakin was too young.
- Anakin was too untrained in the Force.
- Anakin was too unproven in the Force.
- The chances that Dooku would willingly create his replacement were slim.
- Palpatine wanted a true believer at his side, rather than someone who was forced to turn.
- Palpatine liked screwing with people.
- Dooku hadn't yet outlived his usefulness.

Really, I could probably go on. But, Palpatine's moves didn't really start until the duel with Darth Tyranus on the Invisible Hand. That's when he started really pushing it, when his plans were about to come to fruition.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 08:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
This is like the Satele/Malgus thing all over again.

It didn't take Palpatine 13 years to corrupt Anakin. It took him 13 years to become a trusted adviser to Anakin so that he could corrupt him. It took 13 years of building the kid up, so that he could tear him down in a matter of weeks. You're comparing physical and mental torture to subtle psychological machinations. They're pretty much the exact opposite of each other. He wasn't called Darth Sidious for nothing. Palpatine loved the mind games.

Malak, however, was very much the impatient kind. Can't find Bastila after a couple of days (or hours, depending on the source) of searching a planet? Might as well just bombard it. Want to cause pain to someone you hate, even if you're no match for him in a straight-up fight? Cause pain to someone he loves.
He set the plan since he met Anakin in the end of TPM.

Yes Palpatine is patient, but he would not waste too much energy if he could do it easily by force, at least in PT. And if you watch CW/TCW, the corruption already started since the Clone War, which was 3 years before EP III.


Quote:
Why didn't Palpatine let Dooku torture Anakin for a week? Any number of reasons. Take your pick:
- Anakin was too young.
- Anakin was too untrained in the Force.
- Anakin was too unproven in the Force.
- The chances that Dooku would willingly create his replacement were slim.
- Palpatine wanted a true believer at his side, rather than someone who was forced to turn.
- Palpatine liked screwing with people.
- Dooku hadn't yet outlived his usefulness.

Really, I could probably go on. But, Palpatine's moves didn't really start until the duel with Darth Tyranus on the Invisible Hand. That's when he started really pushing it, when his plans were about to come to fruition.
Bastila was also quite young at that time, and Anakin already showed great promise at least in the end of EP II. Bastila also was quite faithful to Malak before she met Revan, and even after she was redeemed, she was afraid to meet Malak again.

It's not like he must kill Dooku right after turned Anakin, like Tenebrous, he could keep 2 apprentices together. And Dooku, according to EP III novel, was going to corrupt Anakin for Palpatine after the duel, of course Palpatine betrayed him.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.09.2012 , 11:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think that's pretty weak from a Dark Lord of the Sith.

The non canon DS ending is even worse



What the heck is that? It's just disgusting to hear from any Sith, not to say a Dark Lord of the Sith.
So? Lots of Sith probably sound pathetic when defeated. Palpatine's last words were "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

Or to use the opposite extreme as Malak, It's not as if

*SW SPOILERS*

Spoiler


Plus Malak wasn't wrong, even before the fight he complains that "fate and destiny, have conspired to keep you alive Revan."

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
12.10.2012 , 01:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I remember she said it in the game, and wiki stated it as well.
In anycase that wasnt what i was talking about. she being dark side or light side, sith or jedi wont matter, they were not a kind of people to lead their lives by lust or rather to be more correct, those kind of instints. They were not Nihilius wich was an extreme case of complete deteach of reason, dare say conscious.
Either Revan or Bastilla were driven by their convictions, they lead their lifes with conscious, as a jedi or sith.

Quote:
It's not like he must kill Dooku right after turned Anakin, like Tenebrous, he could keep 2 apprentices together. And Dooku, according to EP III novel, was going to corrupt Anakin for Palpatine after the duel, of course Palpatine betrayed him.
Yeah there can only be two. Palpatine meant to get rid of dooku as he did with Maul or tried anyway if a new more powerfull potencial aprentice were avaible to him.
Off couse i belive once the jedi were no more the rule of two wouldnt be as much important.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.