Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vigilance Buffs

RyderQuanTy
01.13.2013 , 05:50 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by dufox View Post
not sure how vigilance is pve wise but as for pvp:

if you play focus and have all power modded gear then switch vigilance you will think vigilance needs a buff.
if you gear yourself correctly (and learn how to play the spec ) you will see how much of a beast the vigilance tree really is.

granted you have to understand that 300k single target damage is just as "important" as 500k aoe damage

before i get flamed... im not saying vigilance is perfect but it is absolutely playable and useful.. i would actually say its pretty damn beastly.

I have been playing vigilance since launch and i kide of agree vigilance is awsome you will never top the damage chart but can easily be the leader in killing blows. I do think the penilty for a miss with sunder is to sever which is why i said sunder should be spamable or at leas 4 sec so sunder 2 gds sunder and not lose .5 sec and set all your coold down back over time this is big and the dots from PB are longer than the cool down so you lose dps if you go for the master strike proc if you had a way to get the full dps from PB and the proc fro maseter.

But all in all vigilance is awsome
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

Altheran
01.19.2013 , 10:30 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by RyderQuanTy View Post
I have been playing vigilance since launch and i kide of agree vigilance is awsome you will never top the damage chart but can easily be the leader in killing blows.
Yes. And once you've deceided to take down one guy, it's unlikely he won't die unless you engage him with few HP left. This spec can afford to engage a 1vs2 or 1vs3, lengthen its own life span and take down one guy before to die with honor.

tunewalker
01.20.2013 , 06:16 AM | #53
honostly vig needs only one thing to bring it on par with other dps specs better resource management which is an easy fix just reduce the cost of over head slash from 4 focus to 3 and plasma brand from 5 focus to 4 and make both abilities only usable in shien form done thats all that is really needed and it becomes easier for people to keep all abilities on CD and maximise there dps.

Altheran
01.20.2013 , 06:29 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
honostly vig needs only one thing to bring it on par with other dps specs better resource management which is an easy fix just reduce the cost of over head slash from 4 focus to 3 and plasma brand from 5 focus to 4 and make both abilities only usable in shien form done thats all that is really needed and it becomes easier for people to keep all abilities on CD and maximise there dps.
It's already how it cost once Shien has refunded you a point.

I haven't reached Plasma Brand on my Guardian (lvl 37) but I have no concern with Focus management. I don't even use Combat Focus. (The last time I used it -and maybe the first and last time I used it- was when I hadn't Effluence yet, and I needed to reveal a stealther with no focus avaliable)

Once I get Plasma Brand, I'm confident I won't have any management concerns with Momentum and Combat Focus. I even think I don't need Victory Rush.

tunewalker
01.20.2013 , 07:23 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
It's already how it cost once Shien has refunded you a point.

I haven't reached Plasma Brand on my Guardian (lvl 37) but I have no concern with Focus management. I don't even use Combat Focus. (The last time I used it -and maybe the first and last time I used it- was when I hadn't Effluence yet, and I needed to reveal a stealther with no focus avaliable)

Once I get Plasma Brand, I'm confident I won't have any management concerns with Momentum and Combat Focus. I even think I don't need Victory Rush.
ya thats the point i wouldnt get rid of the refund the cost once refunded would be down to 2 overhead and 3 plasma and if you have an abundance of focus your not doing the right rotation and not keeping all of your abilities on cd here let me show you plasma brand over head slash blade storm and master strike to use all of those that covers 7.5 seconds and costs 10 focus you can get 2 from the refund off zen proc but you still need to produce 8 more focus.... in 1 GCD (1.5 seconds) because thats how long you have before your abilities come off CD again,

adiwantinova
01.21.2013 , 07:21 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by dufox View Post
not sure how vigilance is pve wise but as for pvp:

if you play focus and have all power modded gear then switch vigilance you will think vigilance needs a buff.
if you gear yourself correctly (and learn how to play the spec ) you will see how much of a beast the vigilance tree really is.

granted you have to understand that 300k single target damage is just as "important" as 500k aoe damage

before i get flamed... im not saying vigilance is perfect but it is absolutely playable and useful.. i would actually say its pretty damn beastly.
I agree with you. I'm only 61 min/maxed at the moment, with the EWH focus (with a 61 mod) that hits 102% accuracy / 30% melee (32% force) crit chance, 79% surge & the rest into +power (w/Rakata +strength/+power stim), and in pvp, I'm out DPS'ing derpsmashers with ease.

My overall damage is higher, and my biggest hits are somewhere between 5600 and 6200 (dispatch), and it's funny when teammates accuse/inquire if I've switched to smash spec.

I swell with pride when I can so: "Hell naw! Vigilance FTW!"

As for this thread: honestly, just about any buffs are fine, but I don't feel like I need them. Not bragging, but 63 min/maxed vigilance has got to be monstrous in a WZ.

It's pretty frail in large combat mosh pits, so perhaps a little more sturdiness would be nice. I think the AOE dmg redux may be too high at the level proposed, but I'd be unstoppable if it was setup with any increase to this value.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

SebastianII
01.25.2013 , 07:35 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
I agree with you. I'm only 61 min/maxed at the moment, with the EWH focus (with a 61 mod) that hits 102% accuracy / 30% melee (32% force) crit chance, 79% surge & the rest into +power (w/Rakata +strength/+power stim), and in pvp, I'm out DPS'ing derpsmashers with ease.

My overall damage is higher, and my biggest hits are somewhere between 5600 and 6200 (dispatch), and it's funny when teammates accuse/inquire if I've switched to smash spec.

I swell with pride when I can so: "Hell naw! Vigilance FTW!"

As for this thread: honestly, just about any buffs are fine, but I don't feel like I need them. Not bragging, but 63 min/maxed vigilance has got to be monstrous in a WZ.

It's pretty frail in large combat mosh pits, so perhaps a little more sturdiness would be nice. I think the AOE dmg redux may be too high at the level proposed, but I'd be unstoppable if it was setup with any increase to this value.
Seriously, are you fighting recruit geared players? I haven't seen a 6k dispatch in a long time. My guardian is min/max elite war hero. I've been playing vigilence for a most of my subscription time (close to a year). My pvp stats lately usually show my highest damaging attacks barely breaking 4k. Furthermore, I run off and on with two friends that play smash spec. They ALWAYS out damage me. They ALWAYS have the biggest hits. My consolation is I had 30 kills to their 25kills, with 20+ killing blows to their handful of killing blows? No one looks at that stat. You can play your butt off as vigilence and it will barely show. I hate to call out another vigilence player, but what are you fighting?

I have to say I'm frustrated. What bugs me the most about vigilence is the preception of its worth and the guardian in general. I've been in the group finder, got in a flashpoint, only to be kicked and whispered by one of the guys that guardians aren't dps, they are tank. I was sidelined in a progression raiding guild because it came to the point we had recruited so many sentinels that their utility for raid outweighted my dps. I pvp a lot, and as I explained above, I'm lost in the crowd even when I'm the most effective in the warzone.

I feel something needs to change.
Starpath Legacy
Kezey ~Kesey~Thesis~Verve~Skys~Upset~Theorem~Tarif
The Bastion Server

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 07:42 AM | #58
The focus management is no problem for me, with the shien form there is always enough around ^^

What our problem in pvp is, in comparison with focus spec:
-They get aoe hits as big or bigger as our single target hits.
-They don't have to channel their biggest hit (in an attack where ca. 50% of the dmg comes with the last tick, which can be easily countered)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want viligance to become op like smash is, but a slight dmg buff would be really nice.

Viligance is a great 1vs1 spec and is great for deffing a node, but in the zerg we can only focus 1 player
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Ovan_Oh-One
01.25.2013 , 08:04 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastianII View Post
Seriously, are you fighting recruit geared players? I haven't seen a 6k dispatch in a long time. My guardian is min/max elite war hero. I've been playing vigilence for a most of my subscription time (close to a year). My pvp stats lately usually show my highest damaging attacks barely breaking 4k. Furthermore, I run off and on with two friends that play smash spec. They ALWAYS out damage me. They ALWAYS have the biggest hits. My consolation is I had 30 kills to their 25kills, with 20+ killing blows to their handful of killing blows? No one looks at that stat. You can play your butt off as vigilence and it will barely show. I hate to call out another vigilence player, but what are you fighting?

I have to say I'm frustrated. What bugs me the most about vigilence is the preception of its worth and the guardian in general. I've been in the group finder, got in a flashpoint, only to be kicked and whispered by one of the guys that guardians aren't dps, they are tank. I was sidelined in a progression raiding guild because it came to the point we had recruited so many sentinels that their utility for raid outweighted my dps. I pvp a lot, and as I explained above, I'm lost in the crowd even when I'm the most effective in the warzone.

I feel something needs to change.
Nerfing smash for starters. Also I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with pants-on-head ******* on your server.
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

tunewalker
01.25.2013 , 09:28 AM | #60
I should say pvp focus is no issue mostly i was talking pve when i said focus generation could be an issue but ya i have no idea what to do for pvp giving us some sort of good burst damadge would be a start.