Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vigilance Buffs

AwkwardGinger
12.29.2012 , 06:56 AM | #41
I like your idea; I really do. The problem with it, however, would be implementing it. You see, BW already has a problem dealing with effects related to DoT's on a target. I.e., Force Suppression/Deathmark. Those are consumed by other people's DoT's, and it is not a long stretch to say that something like a flat damage increase on a target might not affect ALL Knights/Warriors at the very least; and then you have a vigi guardian/watchman sentinel melee duo that would tear through bosses. If, 55% of the time, there was a 30% increase on a watchman's sentinel's dots, those are probably getting close to 2.4-2.5k ticks of Overcharge Saber, and that's a tad obscene..

The underlying premise here is that BW doesn't fix issues like this, and just lets them stand. If they can manage to fix these issues, then perhaps there is some hope for something like this after all..

Karasuko
12.30.2012 , 07:19 PM | #42
It appears Bioware has actually fixed that issue as far as I can see.
Thanks for the props!!!

GarfieldJL
01.01.2013 , 04:32 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaStyx View Post
Get rid of it for AoE reduction damage. I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet, especially to give it more survivability from the brain-dead tree next to it...
Agreed the biggest problem Vigilence Guardians have to deal with is AoEs because of the fact we have to fight close in.

I actually like our DoTs which bypass just about every damage reduction.

Shields are ignored, armor is ignored, etc.

The trick is to view the DoTs as all part of your larger DPS output. This game doesn't just revolve around burst damage.

Karasuko
01.01.2013 , 07:54 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Agreed the biggest problem Vigilence Guardians have to deal with is AoEs because of the fact we have to fight close in.

I actually like our DoTs which bypass just about every damage reduction.

Shields are ignored, armor is ignored, etc.

The trick is to view the DoTs as all part of your larger DPS output. This game doesn't just revolve around burst damage.
Except m,aster strike, sunder and over head are our largest portions of damage. Try again.
As to dealing with AOE's we do have guardian leap,enure and saber ward in addition to unremitting if things get messy..
We also have very little burst outside of master strike, a buffed plasma brand would be a god send

Creslan
01.01.2013 , 08:18 PM | #45
3 things:

9 sec plasma brand dot
15% run speed OR 30% less AoE dmg {shien stance only } (either or in this case)
30% armor pen from focus, {shien stance only}( for all attacks or master strike/overhead only)

Get rid of gather strength, in its current form it's useless and any rehash of the talent won't be as good as the original.

additional changes- move unremitting higher into the tree and make it shien stance only. Change Narrowed Focus to either the armor pen or 15% run speed/30% AOE dmg reduction.

I also think that Bioware should make a conscience effort to remove hybrid specs from the game.

SebastianII
01.02.2013 , 07:35 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post

This game doesn't just revolve around burst damage.
I'm guessing you don't pvp much?

Or raid, for that matter, considering how many bosses in tfb have burn phases.
Imperials: Hatred~Nexus~Burst~Shock~Salter
Republic: Kesey~Kezey~Verve~Thesis~Tarif
The Starpath Legacy, The Bastion Server

OlosBC
01.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastianII View Post
I'm guessing you don't pvp much?

Or raid, for that matter, considering how many bosses in tfb have burn phases.
Not gonna argue the PvP part, but really the only heavy burst required in tfb is on the balls in kephess and tfb, and they're currently bugged in tfb. The rest of the burn phases are executes, where vigi's auto-crit dispatch will outpace rage's burst.

Sure there's the towerknockdiwns on kephess, but that's on the easy parts of the fight.

And hell, those parts where you do need lots of burst in just a few gcd's? I manage that just fine on my madness sorc, with some of the worst burst in the game.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Cappadin
01.10.2013 , 01:54 PM | #48
I loved vigilance before 1.4. Sure it was frustrating vs smash heavy groups but now there is a guaranteed chance of meeting multiple smashers and its to much.

You cannot solo a healer as vigilance. That's fine with me because even if you can't kill them, you can take them out ofa fight indefinetly.

However, when it comes time to focus them down, you've created clumping for the smash monkeys. Coordinated smashers will melt you if you focus their healers so that's smart plan a out the window.

Some will say hey just kill the smashers! Good idea they are super squishy! Wait.. there is 2 f them and they are focusing targets together.. im dead in 12 seconds from collateral damage and caused a wipe cuz a healer tried to heal me.. so thas smart plan b out the window..

So what now? Harass the ranged dps? But now the healers are freecasting heals and the smashers are going buckwild!
GG Guys, maybe next match they will only have 1 smasher.

I proposnee aoe reduction talent combined into narrowed focus and self heals on plasmabrand so we can stay in the fray and stay on meaningful targets

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
01.12.2013 , 07:18 AM | #49
- First, move Swelling Winds/Decimate back to Vigilance/Vengeance like it was before 1.2. It has no business being in Focus/Rage and never has. This would reduce smashers by a large margin, since a good portion of them seem to be Sentinels/Marauders. - Move to the 4th tier with Effluence.

- Second, a 200% overall damage increase to the DoT for Plasma Brand, Burning Blade and Burning Purpose. - Move Burning Blade to the 5th tier of Vigilance with Burning Purpose.

dufox
01.13.2013 , 04:52 PM | #50
not sure how vigilance is pve wise but as for pvp:

if you play focus and have all power modded gear then switch vigilance you will think vigilance needs a buff.
if you gear yourself correctly (and learn how to play the spec ) you will see how much of a beast the vigilance tree really is.

granted you have to understand that 300k single target damage is just as "important" as 500k aoe damage

before i get flamed... im not saying vigilance is perfect but it is absolutely playable and useful.. i would actually say its pretty damn beastly.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****