Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vigilance Buffs

PowerReaper
12.08.2012 , 06:07 PM | #1
- Make Plasma Brands dot over 9 seconds.
- Give Blade Storm and all damage over time effects a 30% critical damage increase.
- Give the spec a 15% movement speed increase.
- Bring back the old Gather Strength PL0X.

Vigilance made viable again .
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel

Shiraa
12.09.2012 , 11:45 PM | #2
These changes are moderate and reasonable. They dont bring anything new to the table to make vigilance significantly different from other classes mechanics but in terms of balancing it for pvp it makes sense. /signed
Jedi Guardian Sherra Light -The Swiftsure/Bastion

grallmate
12.09.2012 , 11:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
- Give Blade Storm and all damage over time effects a 30% critical damage increase.

- Ditch the movement speed increase. Class is already one of the most mobile.
- Instead of boosting crit damage, increase the damage of burns on targets under 30% HP. Lets REALLY melt them once they pass that point and make Vigi a soft enrage destroyer.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

GarfieldJL
12.10.2012 , 12:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
- Ditch the movement speed increase. Class is already one of the most mobile.
- Instead of boosting crit damage, increase the damage of burns on targets under 30% HP. Lets REALLY melt them once they pass that point and make Vigi a soft enrage destroyer.
I like your idea of boosting burn damage, though I think it should be full time instead of when they are under 30% HP, but I wouldn't object to your idea either.

Gather Strength isn't that useful PowerReaper due to unremitting (sp?).

grallmate
12.10.2012 , 12:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I like your idea of boosting burn damage, though I think it should be full time instead of when they are under 30% HP, but I wouldn't object to your idea either.

Gather Strength isn't that useful PowerReaper due to unremitting (sp?).
A 30% boost for 30% of the fight is a 9% boost on overall burn damage, given Vig can currently hold its own in the DPS department, its a nice bump but not overly game changing. Its also really handy for quickly getting through a soft enrage and gives Vigi a bit more of a niche.

Gather Strength is amazing in PVP where snares and roots are handed out like candy. Its sub par in PvE even on a tank as those are much much rarer.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Andrew_Past
12.10.2012 , 12:50 AM | #6

- Plasma Brand dot ticks over 6 seconds. This would make the high damage that it does more effective in a PVP environment without effecting PVE damage output vs a 9 second tick.
- Single Saber Mastery: Shien Stance boosts melee damage by 6%, and boosts critical damage of Blade Storm and all periodic effects by 30%. This would be a good place to put this buff. Because of how Single Sabery Mastery works, the Blade Storm bonus is locked to Shien Stance blocking both hybird tanks and Focus specs this ability. It would also give low level Guardians a decent burst move outside of Master Strike without being overpowered at those levels in both PVE and PVP environments.
- Narrowed Focus increases movement speed by 15% OR decreases area damage taken by 30%. Narrowed Focus is of little use currently in both PVE and PVP. Either option would be infinitely better. The movement speed would beneficial in a variety of ways, and AOE damage reduction would help solidify Vigilance's role as a "Smash Killer," something it is already fairly good at.
- Gather Strength increases the damage of the next melee attack that uses focus by 10% OR 15%. Stacks up to 3 times. Not quite as potent as pre-patch 5 stacks, but honestly 5 stacks is rare. Setting the stacks to 3 would make the talent much more consistent. Possibly limit it to Shien stance only.

That's how I would implement your proposed, albeit modified, changes without having to change the tree much.
Andr-ew - Guardian || Andr-ia - Sentinel || Praeterius- Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || Harbinger, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Helig
12.10.2012 , 01:43 AM | #7
-
My own Vigilance wishlist:
- +30% critical damage on burn effects.
- Shorten PB burn.
- Passive AoE damage resistance a la Defensive Roll.
- Commanding Awe also prevents DoTs from breaking Awe.
- Incoming damage lowers active cooldown on Focused Defense (a la Reflexive Shield).
- Narrowed Focus eliminating overtime cost of Focused Defense.
- Critical hits dealt lower active cooldown of Force Push.
- "True Strike" cooldown/mechanic which makes the next Overhead Slash or Dispatch ignore all damage resistance and avoidance (including Undying Rage, shielding and defense).
- Zen Strike procs shortening Master Strike channel times to (not by) 2 seconds.

A big-arse wishlist, the entire implementation of which would undoubtedly make Vigilance overpowered, but I'd very much like to see at least some of those things.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Andrew_Past
12.10.2012 , 10:52 AM | #8
One thing I want to mention: when considering changes to Vigilance, keep in mind both the PVE and PVP implications of the changes. For PVE, overall damage can't be increased too much, as Vigilance is already a decent PVE spec. For PVP, the changes need to increase Vigilance's burst or effective damage. Also, utility and mobility can be changed freely without disrupting balance too much.
Andr-ew - Guardian || Andr-ia - Sentinel || Praeterius- Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || Harbinger, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Siorac
12.10.2012 , 12:14 PM | #9
I'd also add that they have to be very careful about increasing burst damage because high burst combined with Unremitting could easily make the spec overpowered. Unremitting is an insanely powerful and important talent, any changes must be made with that in mind.

Another important thing: no changes in the actual playstyle please! I don't want to have some must-use spammable attack like Ion Pulse. Butchering an ability like they did with Guardian Slash should also be out of the question.

PowerReaper
12.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I'd also add that they have to be very careful about increasing burst damage because high burst combined with Unremitting could easily make the spec overpowered. Unremitting is an insanely powerful and important talent, any changes must be made with that in mind.

Another important thing: no changes in the actual playstyle please! I don't want to have some must-use spammable attack like Ion Pulse. Butchering an ability like they did with Guardian Slash should also be out of the question.
They should make Deafening Defense possibly make Enraged/Focused Defense not cost rage to heal you, making it less useless. And Zen Strike procs of Master Strike to cause Master Strike to channel faster.

Idk what do you think.
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel