Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All PvP gear to be the same expertise level.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
All PvP gear to be the same expertise level.

Lejune
12.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
Well, that will never happen unless BioWare hires Hugh Fleming himself to design the gear because the current gear is far from being worthy of the grind on appearance alone. Stats and customization drive this game right now, and I don't see that changing without a serious creative overhaul of the armor and items.
LOL, I agree with you there

ObiJuanShenobi
12.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Even with this change. People will still complain about how gear > skill. The complainers will always complain until all gear of all tiers are the same. Then they will complain about game mechanics.
Easily fixed by implementing a tier system based on gear.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 05:09 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Easily fixed by implementing a tier system based on gear.
separating queues by gear will solve nothing. gear is just another representation of how much time you have invested into your character; skill has nothing to do with it.

matchmaking would be nice. turn non-ranked into a solo-queue version of ranked, at least as far as giving out ratings. dont make the public, but it will allow players to be separated based on skill level

sippelmc
12.10.2012 , 07:16 AM | #54
I don't understamd why there has to be expertise at all, provided that they have pvp earned gear on par with pve earned gear. I mean, you can put a ton of time in earning either set BiS, so why not let us use them interchangeebly. The only reason this mechanic was invented was from WoW when it created resilience because raiders were killing in battlefields. But every thing has changed so much now, more people are raiding, comms/tokens exist to gear up now, looking for raid, story modes, etc. The whole concept seems antiquated and just a forced gear grind to get two sets, which doest have to be that way if you keep the verticle gear progressios harmonized. There doesnt need to be a high gear gap because, hey, now you get tionese for free just like mk-2 recruit. Or maybe thats just too much work for them.

Spoletta
12.10.2012 , 08:24 AM | #55
They have to be separated, or at least the BIS pvp must be obtainable with PVP only. That's cause a dedicated pvper would feel pretty bad to be forced on endgame pve content just to be competitive in pvp. But if there is no pvp dedicated stat, chances are that such BIS pvp is also BIS pve, so you are now forcing pve players to grind pvp...

No sorry, a dedicated pvp stat is needed.

NurseDonut
12.10.2012 , 08:46 AM | #56
Yeah, PvE definitely needs a gear progression. PvP doesn't, really.

Expertise will allow Bioware to balance gear sets independently, which should improve the PvP experience.

Lejune
12.10.2012 , 08:52 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
They have to be separated, or at least the BIS pvp must be obtainable with PVP only. That's cause a dedicated pvper would feel pretty bad to be forced on endgame pve content just to be competitive in pvp. But if there is no pvp dedicated stat, chances are that such BIS pvp is also BIS pve, so you are now forcing pve players to grind pvp...

No sorry, a dedicated pvp stat is needed.
I know we all say this but I think I used to have the most fun in pvp before all the mmo's went to separate pvp sets. Seem like there was just more pvper's back in those days and lots of variety. Hard to explain, but pvp these days don't seem like the old days. I miss them.

jgoldsack
12.10.2012 , 09:19 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Only a fool would enter a 50 pvp with 0 Expertise.

After 1.6 goes live, full WH can have the same max Expertise (1390) as full EWH (1390).
The game is full of fools then.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Belly
12.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #59
Yeah, not everybody is aware of the free recruit gear at 50. If I see anybody under 14k or so, i'll inspect them, and if they have no PvP gear, i'll let them know about the recruit set. Haven't had to do it too often though, so I guess word is getting out.

Back on topic, I like the idea of equal expertise. The difference in main stat/endurance on Recruit vs Elite War Hero is enough that the war hero still has a marked advantage. But once they make this change it will be a little more about skill/timing of attacks. I hope they implement this soon!
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

itsmymillertime
12.10.2012 , 10:31 AM | #60
There needs to be some vertical progression. I like the way I look already, so the new armor appearance does not mean much to me, but better stats do.