Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth - Why should we Bioware?

AshlaBoga
12.08.2012 , 07:52 PM | #11
The only reasons to do Dreadtooth (DT) are: the title ("Drouk Hunter"), the mask and possibly the amulet if that is ever confirmed to drop off him.*

*Seriously, does 5+ stack DT drop the amulet or not???

P.S: This is one of those threads that makes me happy to be on Jung Ma. Section X peak pop hasn't broken 60 since the first 48 hours of 1.5: makes doing DT seamless.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Nipanther
12.08.2012 , 08:02 PM | #12
I just tanked him @ 2 stacks today and it was my first time tanking him. We never lost aggro once. I can't say what you are doing wrong, but when he channels the scream the other tank just spams the taunt so as soon as the channel is over the other tank has aggro. Just keep doing that until he is dead. Of course this was on 2 stacks so more stacks may make it easier for aggro loss.
The Deathwatch Legacy
Bracus:Kractious:Thantatos:Collumbiana:Shocktodeat h:Breakus:Akada

uniz
12.09.2012 , 03:19 PM | #13
make it a instance with a level of difficulty feature you can manually set before entering. we had a end boss like this years ago in eq2. ( btw there was no story mode it was hard, harder. near impossible and ***)

any type of non instance world boss with today's player base is nothing more than a train wreak waiting to happen. several threads on these forums have already proven this.

DarthDarkFish
12.09.2012 , 03:48 PM | #14
I think my point has been lost. We have downed him on 4 stacks. You cannot be random on pulls with high stacks, some finesse is important so "pull quicker" or "pull in whatever spot" does not work. I am trying to point out the poor design to this fight and the griefing in which steals the fun. Some simple fixes as in (for instance) lower population cap per instance in Sector X, remove his pat behind wall and make pat only in arena worth fighting him in, possible rework of debuff that allows people to grief you so much, just to name a few. The point is to make this fun and worth while (to every server, not just low population ones) there needs to be some changes...in terms of progressive pulls (1-2 stack pull is easy/fine and presents no problems). To be able to "farm" a progress with this boss in current conditions is nearly impossible and lack luster in fun department. I guess I am looking for constructive responses from people attempting these progressions and having same issues as a guild. I would politely ask that insults/trolls be kept at minimum as it will only taint the post geared towards positive response/outcome. As far as the aggro issue I can agree with some of the previous post, it is probably a group issue over BW issue, except in terms of the lag meaning lag can make it hard for correct abilities to be going off at correct times hence screwing with aggro table...i.e. aggro dump does not go off do to lag so double clicked or taunt does not go off etc. etc.

Larry_Dallas
12.10.2012 , 02:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDarkFish View Post
We are a hardcore raiding guild ( X-Raided ) who have downed Dreadtooth on 4 stacks, but not easily and nor is "farm" status anywhere near BUT not do to our incompetence, let me list the reasons why.....
1. Sector X population - with such a high number of people in an instance we have 2 maybe out of 16 who don't have lag
2. Griefing - constant constant constant random flow of people who grief our group with a pull that gives us the debuff causing us to wait yet again for the debuffs to drop for a pull
3. P.A.T. - Do to the positioning it is ideal to have Dreadtooth in we find it necessary to allow Dreadtooth to pat to few key locations before a pull
4. Aggro - The aggro table on dreadtooth gets lost tons, not talking about during "Sonic" either where he is supposed to drop aggro, talking about on pull....we wait for 10-15 secs even to let tank build aggro and pffft, somehow pull aggro off tank and wipe raid. This also happens alot during fight outside of "sonic" ability, even though we have multiple tanks ready to taunt back it does not work because he takes 3-5 secs to respond to taunt (long enough to wipe the raid)
OK Bioware if you would like to come with me on our raid night dedicated to this horrible WB you would see that dealing with these listed problems means we get 1-2 pulls in a hour.....is that what you intended? We started having fun at first simply because it was new, but now the fun is gone. At the end of our raid night for Dreadtooth everyone pretty much is in a bad mood from dealing with all the problems around this fight, the sense of accomplishment is diminished by the state of your area therefore lowering our need to accomplish it......
So BioWare I ask you.....Dreadtooth - Why should we even try?
Well, #4 sounds like you just have jugg tanks or something. The other two types won't lose aggro very frequently. Jugg tanks probably need another threat buff. One thing they can do, though is get an on-use power relic and pop it at the beginning of the fight, then on cooldown anytime they're main-tanking (and yes, I know that's not ideal).

Edit: what I'm saying is threat loss isn't really a problematic boss mechanic. It's a problematic class mechanic.

Totaltrash
12.10.2012 , 03:24 AM | #16
The real question is, how much was intended to make the boss hard and how much is just due to bugs and design flaws?

Hard is good, buggy is bad - but that's just my opinion.

Ephesia
12.10.2012 , 04:41 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDarkFish View Post
I have no problem farming mechanics to learn "HARD" fight, its the conditions in which to farm in that are unacceptable, please read post before responding with pointless comments.....
Those conditions are intended and that's additional mechanics if you think about it. It's a World Boss for a reason, you are MEANT to be griefed, and yes you are MEANT to have some environmental lag. Also Your #4 reason is completely up to your group, if you don't want boss to go here and thee give tank some time to generate threat.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Loladarulz
12.10.2012 , 07:19 AM | #18
Thumbs up. Fix Dreadtooth fight, especially intentional pulling - pvp flag waiting - and other time wasting mechanics.

DarthDarkFish
12.10.2012 , 11:23 AM | #19
In reference to aggro, like I have said, it could be other issues in group, but lag does factor in a major role. And the "meant" to be lag is just a crazy statement.
In reference to Jugg Aggro tables....well thats a just whole other thread I think, poor Jugg Tanks could def use some love from the devs with their tables.
As far as griefing....sure some comp with another group is good, but ONE person hanging out to pull boss and grief with debuff is not acceptable WB mechanic, its not even PVP related.

DarthBuckets
12.10.2012 , 09:09 PM | #20
There's an aggro drop if Sonic Paralysis finishes its cast with the tank stunned. If you don't resist Sonic Paralysis and don't have your CC break up, a second tank spams his taunt button to pick up the boss as soon as Sonic Paralysis is over.

This works. All other threat issues can be attributed to DPS not holding back and controlling themselves. I've tanked Dreadtooth at multiple stack levels many times, and threat is completely controllable.