Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

rlamela
12.13.2012 , 09:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
The only part I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on is the 'playing the objectives' part leads to higher numbers.... I mean it -might- but typically that's why Imps death match... it typically leads to higher numbers.

Don't believe me?
-slowing (not killing) at key times in a voidstar gets you wins, not numbers

- watching a node... obviously a thankless job, results in wins, but hardly helps you get the chicks after the match.

- A civil war transition from one side to the other... holding up that transition as long as you can = win. Amount of babes wanting to meet you on fleet after = zero.

- Holding a pass lane, or stealthing for a pass in huttball does not get you a date with Jarrada, but probably gets you a goal.

Meanwhile in all those scenarios an Imp is -typically- killing as much as humanly possible, watching 27 of his closest friends come and leave the warzone because surprisingly he's been quad capped in a game of Novare Coast and can't figure out why because his DPS was so amazing.

I will confess when you start a match and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fistful of 14K Arsenal Mercs with 24.7 Expertise, it IS understandable WHY impside often degrades into this lower level of survival.

Again, not saying you can't have big numbers and win. Heck I've been farmed by the best of them, but typically for day to day play I'd say it's not conducive to winning. Just my opinion.
I dont Know, I've gotten many of chicks after a perfect day of guard duty.
Jenna'syyde

TalonKorr
12.13.2012 , 10:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by uovet View Post
But; I do really enjoy solo queue
Sadist.
Flak - Feesh / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut/Merc
Retired: Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

rlamela
12.13.2012 , 10:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
Sadist.
solo queuing is only way to queue. anything else is just boring. But I get it not everyone can be a Professional Solo Queuer. They can't handle the pressure.

Jenna'syyde

TalonKorr
12.13.2012 , 11:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
solo queuing is only way to queue. anything else is just boring. But I get it not everyone can be a Professional Solo Queuer. They can't handle the pressure.

Jenna'syyde
Sticks and stones.
Flak - Feesh / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut/Merc
Retired: Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

Carter_Mathis
12.13.2012 , 11:27 PM | #25
Sticks and stones.
may break my bones, but I win most of my warzones :P
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

rlamela
12.13.2012 , 11:29 PM | #26
Sticks and stones.
whats the sticks and stones reference for Its not like I called you a name. I just said not everyone can handle the pressure of solo queuing.

Jenna'syyde

dego-harmonium
12.14.2012 , 07:14 AM | #27
Hah "14K Arsenal Mercs" why is it always those guys that decide they want to start to pvp in my warzones 0-5 solo-quening on Wed,
Arterial

Krozis
12.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
whats the sticks and stones reference for Its not like I called you a name. I just said not everyone can handle the pressure of solo queuing.

Jenna'syyde
Solo queuing reminds me of something else.... I can't mention without the thread being shut down. I mean sure, it is an intimate moment with someone you care about but at the end of the day it's usually a lot more gratifying with someone you know.

That being said I solo queue a LOT. Lately on my Sorc, pillar humping like they are going extinct. I don't want to subject my Guildies to this asinine behavior so I save it for the 14K arsenal mercs with 27 Expertise.

Yea I mean what can you do. I'm really torn about the situation.

I know most people don't give a crap about the other guy, they just want to win a warzone. But I have an arsenal merc I played exclusively and geared up substantially for months.... I realize he's the colony leper. These guys have a right to play too, but it's when they step into a warzone with level 37 "Legionaire's Helmet' because he wants to look like Boba fett (Just before he fell in the sarlacc pit).

I confess I've been playing my Rep toons that I stopped playing for quite a while. I almost despise the lack of derp and dysfuntion over there....

Playing Repside right now.... It's like visiting your rich cousin's house at Christmas... sure it's fun for a while but the drunk uncle on the couch your cousins are making fun of happens to be your dad, and you're going home with him to a sack of coal under the tree.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

Carter_Mathis
12.14.2012 , 01:09 PM | #29
Lowbie reps? It may have just been when I was queuing, but it was almost unplayable with how terrible the pugs were. I'd go solo 2-3 people and cap the off node. Did anyone come to reinforce? No. Did anyone take the contested node when 5 imps were killing me? No. Did the pugs at least pull decent numbers since they were DM'ing the whole time? Heck no. Soloing lowbie, imo, is much worse than soloing at 50 :P
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

dego-harmonium
12.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Lowbie reps? It may have just been when I was queuing, but it was almost unplayable with how terrible the pugs were. I'd go solo 2-3 people and cap the off node. Did anyone come to reinforce? No. Did anyone take the contested node when 5 imps were killing me? No. Did the pugs at least pull decent numbers since they were DM'ing the whole time? Heck no. Soloing lowbie, imo, is much worse than soloing at 50 :P
Yeah if the lowbie pubs i played last month when i was leveling up a alt flood the pub 50 bracket it might help us imps a bit :P TBH some nights you just get stuck in a bad cycle you keep on getting bad team members vs good premades, I really dont care about losing as long as its competive when i solo que,
Arterial