Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

clone wars S05E011

MasterMe
12.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Yeah these last 6 or so episodes have been for kids no question I have not enjoyed them to much. However, to say TCW as a whole is only for kids would be very wrong. Some of these episodes were pretty brutal and shocking hopefully once we get past these droids episodes it will start moving in episodes for a little older viewers. I hope because with the move to the Saturday morning cartoon time they may have decided to make only kid friendly episodes though the few at the start of the season weren't.
I agree. There have been some excellent episodes out there without a doubt.

Aurbere
12.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #22
The episode was alright, but it wasn't as good as the others. The concept of this episode and the Void were good, but I didn't like the episode as much as the others.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
12.13.2012 , 02:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I think he meant "the last few episodes" to say the droid series and the padawan series. The ones before that were very good.
Well he did say 6 but whatever, I think we all need to remember we're not the only audience TCW is catering for - look at it from a kid's perspective, is it good? Then good. Is it bad? Then you have reason to complain.

MasterMe
12.13.2012 , 03:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well he did say 6 but whatever, I think we all need to remember we're not the only audience TCW is catering for - look at it from a kid's perspective, is it good? Then good. Is it bad? Then you have reason to complain.
I can honestly tell you that I would (even when I was a ten-year-old) rather watch something like the Umbara series (which was one of the better ones I think) then this droid series. I might not have thought that the droids were stupid back then, but I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it much.

sithgreyguard
12.15.2012 , 04:06 AM | #25
wac and the green guy make a great comedy team. i hope they finish this arc when they come back on 1.5.13 though.

Beniboybling
12.15.2012 , 06:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I can honestly tell you that I would (even when I was a ten-year-old) rather watch something like the Umbara series (which was one of the better ones I think) then this droid series. I might not have thought that the droids were stupid back then, but I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it much.
Maybe, personally as a kid I think I would have enjoyed it. The comedy elements would have been laugh-out-loud, its important to have some lighter and more humorous episodes I think - rather than dark and serious all the time. I really can't see a kid not enjoying this arc.

But hey, this conversation proves that not all people are the same and like different things. TCW therefore has to mix it up - and besides if it was constant 'pew pew' you would probably get a little bored after a while.

Thylbanus
12.15.2012 , 08:41 PM | #27
This episode was so boring. I was mad that it wasted 22 minutes of my time.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

kirorx
12.16.2012 , 08:02 AM | #28
Once i tuned into this episode and found it be more of the frog guy and the droids, i was pretty much over it.

I kept it on but did stuff around the casa because frankly it was boring, but i gave a chance. I didn't realize that we wont be seeing anymore untill january but if it's another droid/frogman episode, i will just skip it.

Beniboybling
12.16.2012 , 09:26 AM | #29
Look on the brightside ppl - the next episode in this arc is about the clone commando dude.

Johun
12.20.2012 , 07:15 AM | #30
The last two episodes were terrible. Just terrible. The only two speaking characters were completely new and completely unlikeable. R2 was the only character we had any prior knowledge of, and I hesitate to call him a character.

I've seen a lot of "it's for kids" sentiment in this thread. Kids don't like crap. Kids like cool stuff.

Irredeemable.