Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Yes ANOTHER gripe at premades in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Yes ANOTHER gripe at premades in warzones

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
12.09.2012 , 05:53 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
well i just spent a couple hours in an evil premade, and won 6 wzs in a row:
I could give a rat's *** for people's reasons for premaking. That is not the issue at all! Please stop clouding he issue.

The issue is that the matchmaker is broken, allows pugs to meet premades and fostering lopsided matches. Thereby driving pugs and new players away from PVP.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.09.2012 , 06:54 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I could give a rat's *** for people's reasons for premaking. That is not the issue at all! Please stop clouding he issue.

The issue is that the matchmaker is broken, allows pugs to meet premades and fostering lopsided matches. Thereby driving pugs and new players away from PVP.
there is no matchmaker. not sure what people dont seem to grasp about this concept.

and i do not know how many times it needs to be explained:

if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?

this is an mmo. you CANNOT keep organization out of the pvp.

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
12.09.2012 , 07:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?
You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.09.2012 , 07:25 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.
it would be a waste of time, and i think bioware knows this. which is why they dont do it

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
12.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.
And by accept, you should decide to work with the system you have. Listen my first PVP experience in this game was solo queueing when 1.3 hit in full recruit gear. This was a pretty bad status quo. Now I queue in guild premades with my shadow. If BW isn't gonna fix the problems you have, do what you can to fix the problem on your end.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.09.2012 , 11:12 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
You might be right. I'd like to see BW try though. In the meantime I guess PUGS will just have to accept the status quo.
That status quo works both ways and if BW does not make proactive fixes that status quo will have more folks leaving. I want this game to succeed but it wont if they keep making the poor choices they have been making.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Rousso's Avatar


Rousso
12.11.2012 , 06:51 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
... Stop trying to punish those who want to minimize chances of bad pugs, or who just want to play with their friends ...
Oh for the love of... look! I'm NOT asking for anyone to be punished. I get it OK, I completely understand why people form pre-mades, I'm not against those players - what I am against is feeling like I'm forced to form a pre-made of my own to even compete. I want that to be MY choice, not a requirement of the game. I also fully understand that some PUGs are just plain terrible and that some players are also plain terrible (I see it all the time when I use a long-term cc and then someone jumps in and attacks them breaking it or even most of my team leaving nodes to chase down a single enemy like a pack of desperate, hungry wolves). My issue is with the lack of CHOICE in the game - not so much the people playing the game.

Honestly, some players in this game seem to have some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on, just because I disagree / don't like a certain aspect of the game, means I should L2P and stop QQ??? Rubbish, I'm a "customer" just like you, who wants their opinions heard to make it a better product for me!

spectreclees's Avatar


spectreclees
12.11.2012 , 07:36 AM | #38
Agreed. I want X-server queues to stop getting killed by the same premades every night. Even if I get a small group they still trump me because they have better gear. Whatever.

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
12.11.2012 , 07:58 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Agreed. I want X-server queues to stop getting killed by the same premades every night.
Cross-server IS NOT COMING! Get over it.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
12.11.2012 , 08:50 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
if you split up the premade queue and pug queue, you will have an exact repeat of what happened with ranked warzones. and it barely takes any effort to funnel the queue to get in with multiple groups. what makes anyone think that his will not happen in a pug-only queue?.
this is false. rated queues died because the majority of ppl in Q got rofl stomped and spawn camped by a few good guilds, and no x-server meant that the good guilds couldn't constantly queue against each other.

premade vs. premade doesn't fundamentally change the dynamics of reg wz's other than you're guaranteed not to face a grp of 8 pugs with your 2 4-mans. there are a lot of good premades and a lot of bad ones. it would be pure chance if the goods are grp'd with the bads or vice versa.

now if you want to argue that it will stretch out queue times, then you have a valid argument. however, the reason rated died was because of a massive imbalance in shallow pools. the elongated queue times only came AFTER the majority of "casual" guilds/pugs gave up. reg Qs as they exist now lend themselves more, not less, to the dynamic of imbalanced matches. I'm not arguing for solo queues here (although you can probably guess where I stand). I just want to clarify the cause/effect for rated.

rateds seem to be breathing a little bit now on JC btw. my guild has added some new recruits, and we're Qing again. we ran into the one big guild and two others - one was pretty decent/experienced. that's a major change from the past month in my experience, where it was one guild or two in Q at a given time.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.