Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disconnecting = Queue all day?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disconnecting = Queue all day?

Rickii
12.20.2011 , 04:40 AM | #1
First of all, this is not a whine thread about queues being there. It's to be expected. I rather have queues now and a populated server later than no queues now and an empty server later.

My concern is that if you get disconnected, even for 1 second, you get thrown out of the game and have to sit in queue again. I've been having some connection issues lately resulting in connection losses lasting no longer than 2-3s. Enough to disconnect me from the game and having to queue all over again. I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Wouldn't it be possible to give these kind of occurrences some kind of window of opportunity to get back in before getting placed in the wait line again? 5 minutes or something perhaps, usually enough to get online for most people after a normal DC. Or simply give network interruptions a longer "grace period" so when you do get disconnected and reconnected in under a few seconds, you would just get a huge lagspike instead of being thrown out instantly.

Thanks for reading, I hope this will be considered for future gamefixes.

Rablenof
12.20.2011 , 04:41 AM | #2
/sign

Solarvirtue
12.20.2011 , 04:46 AM | #3
agree 100%

surprised this isnt implemented..

Rickii
12.20.2011 , 04:58 AM | #4
Just sat in queue for 30min to just get thrown out and put in queue again =(

Rickii
12.20.2011 , 05:30 AM | #5
*bump*

RachelAnne
12.20.2011 , 05:32 AM | #6
I did wait twice in queue today, got a nice group as well and now I got an Error and have to wait another hour to get in...

I dont understand whats happening, I did play the last days and did never crash once, or dc but today I had 2 dcs allready....

Raflwaffle
12.20.2011 , 05:48 AM | #7
So during my entire beta experience and the EGA I dc'd maybe 2 times each. And a few times I got thrown into the login screen. During the beta and the EGA I would actually still have my spot so I jumped into spot 1 and then I got into the server.

But now as of today 20/12-11 I have gotten booted twice for no reason and then I have to queue for atleast 40 mins when the queue timer says <25mins. What happened?

RachelAnne
12.20.2011 , 05:50 AM | #8
Maybe Bw kicks people out randomly so others can get in....

Its strange, I am almost in now a 3rd time if I crash again I prolly stop - as there is no point with those queues currently

reconfiveseven
12.20.2011 , 05:52 AM | #9
Couldn't agree more, I have had this happen several times.

Antedeluvian
12.20.2011 , 03:46 PM | #10
1500 in the que.. thrown out after 1,5 hour... tried it again, same que 1500... thrown out when 63 was left... I logged on 17.30 today CET, im now 22.45 still waiting to play with 683 ppl ahead of me...
Character is what you do in the dark.