Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

make sage/sorcs bubble stun brake on dmg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
make sage/sorcs bubble stun brake on dmg

Naej
12.09.2012 , 09:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Also: Don't worry about the Sorc Bubble. The class will be nerfed again soon so that they're not needed and all will reroll to LOLsmashers that will be buffed. That's how Bioware Balances classes after all.
Sorcs aren't OP right know. Their bubble is annoying, but I don't think I've lost against one in a long time. Sorcs healers are the easiest to chain interrupt, and easiest to burn down. Mercs are though as ****, and Ops have so many tools to stun and vanish it's insane. Sorcs DPS do good DPS, but once you jump them, they just go down in 2 seconds.

On a side note, I'm still waiting on BW to realize what they've done to the LOLsmash spec. It needs to be nerfed down badly, not Sorcs. Before the buff, you could play a Rage spec decently with skill. Now, it's just a no-brain 2 skill spec, and all you do is stall time until your next LOLsmash.

BTW so that LOLsmashers don't Troll me, I play a Guardian.
Naej - 50 Jedi Guardian / Eljian - 50 Gunslinger [AWAKEN - PotF]
Furlone - 38 Vanguard / Jaen - 45 Jedi Shadow / Florune - 11 Mercenary / Jyang - 11 Operative

Gyronamics
12.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
That's one bubble shielder, a max 31-point healer sage & 1 bubble stunner.

So, why not post a video of a guardian & 2 scoundrel healers and say its impossible to kill them, and that they need nerfing?
How about a realistic scenario of one shielder bubbling a team of mostly melee.

Now everyone has a on-damage or on-click melee range AOE stun in addition to everything else they do.

DaedalusV
12.09.2012 , 10:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by vailingfob View Post
video was example of them being OP, but my reason: BW said it is a deference ability and is reason it takes so little resolve but if its a deference ability why doesn't it brake on dmg i was saying they could do that or make it fill more resolve and still not brake on dmg, getting stuned 5 times in a row isn't fun
The video is a very bad example of anything (except how to troll successfully)

You've been able to do what those 3 dudes do in the video since launch.

They don't DPS, they devote all ressources to maximixing the AoE bubble uptime on as many enemies as they can find (that are stupid enough to try to kill the trolls)

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to nerf bubbles (except make it impossible to manually click off)

Gief ppl lower CD on stun breaker
let tanks be able to spec into a second stun breaker (or something)

Don't mess with the bubbles, mess with some other stuff.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Raansu
12.09.2012 , 02:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Try to play a Sorc and solo a Mara and let see who is OP.
Balance sages do it all the time, and do so quite well. I know several balance sages that destroy melee, and I watch them fight and wonder what all the fuss is about. Then I realize most people who complain about a class play them completely wrong or just suck at pvp in general.

vailingfob
12.09.2012 , 03:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Balance sages do it all the time, and do so quite well. I know several balance sages that destroy melee, and I watch them fight and wonder what all the fuss is about. Then I realize most people who complain about a class play them completely wrong or just suck at pvp in general.
agreed

fungihoujo
12.09.2012 , 04:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
So you agree- people complaining about the stun bubble suck at pvp and are playing their class wrong, and there shouldn't be a nerf to it.

Oh- wait, no, you meant if someone OTHER THAN YOU whines, it's them sucking, but if YOU want a nerf, it's completely fine.

Forgot that caveat.

vimm
12.09.2012 , 05:10 PM | #27
Pump the brakes!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 05:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Pump the brakes!
this vehicle is equipped with ABS! just stomp on em!

Aluvi
12.09.2012 , 06:06 PM | #29
The reason that they should not make bubble stun break on damage is that there are far too many dots in the game to use the bubble stun reliably. Hell, every sorc spec uses dots, even healers (for force lightning/mana regen purposes), so having it break on damage would make it completely pointless.

What they should and probably will do according to a developer interview, is possibly limit the stun effect to the caster, so that the entire team doesn't get a free 3 second stun. This will keep the sorc at their current level of usefulness and not decrease their survivability while balancing mass force bubble spamming.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Kuvox
12.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #30
As I've written before, I would trade the ability to shield teammates with the stunning bubble IF Bioware makes Smash/Force Sweep based on one's actual crit rating rather than the current guaranteed one. I got hit for 7.2k this morning in a Voidstar and then 6.4k a few seconds later, yet I have 1390 expertise. This change would force lolsmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power and surge which would, in turn, bring the frequency and magnitude of such huge hits down into reasonable territory.

Keeping lolsmashers stunned from the popping bubbles of our teammates (and our own) is basically our only real defense against such ridiculous damage. The guaranteed lolsmash crit plus the stunning bubble must be changed together for this to be fair.