Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades; Why we do it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades; Why we do it

BaineOs
12.08.2012 , 11:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
No no they don't. You shouldn't be punished for leaving a curb stomp battle. Especially since there's a good chance you won't even get three medals and end up wasting your time for no comms.
And I suppose hanging your team mates out to dry is ok is it? Because that's what they're doing. Some of the best warzones I've ever had (I mostly pug) has been when we've come back from behind and won, but if people leave then that's never going to happen. People give up far too easily.

It's impossible for me to count how many times we've gained a second turret in civil war (for example) only to loose the first one because the person guarding it has left because he didn't like the way things are going.
Es'carli D'Lakutos (Active) - Baine Os Juros (Active)
Engineering spec

Veniras
12.08.2012 , 11:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Someone stated before that if you communicate, you can beat any premade. It's ********. Even at equal gear and balanced classes, people who are used to playing with each other will have an advantage. And gear and classes are everything but balanced and premades tend to gravitate towards the strongest classes naturally.
This! So VERY MUCH this!

Raynezazki
12.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
And I suppose hanging your team mates out to dry is ok is it? Because that's what they're doing. Some of the best warzones I've ever had (I mostly pug) has been when we've come back from behind and won, but if people leave then that's never going to happen. People give up far too easily.

It's impossible for me to count how many times we've gained a second turret in civil war (for example) only to loose the first one because the person guarding it has left because he didn't like the way things are going.
If it's either waste my and my groups time or me leave and they might get someone better who'll turn the game around? Yup. Whether someone gives up too easily or not trying to add a deserter buff when there isn't even a solo only queue to me is laughable. When said whiners (I don't bother whining. Not unless no one's calling incs) leave the game it almost always goes better. Why have something that makes that person stay and go afk wasting everyone's time? That said if I'm asking for help on a node and no one listens and I ditch because clearly there's no teamwork going on? No I shouldn't be punished for that. You want deserter debuff? Have it so I never end up soloqueuing and ending up with a premade. Then I'll accept the debuff.
I can say the same. Doesn't mean I want a deserter debuff. Hilariously I find once the people whining leave the

Godlymuppet
12.08.2012 , 12:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
No no they don't. You shouldn't be punished for leaving a curb stomp battle. Especially since there's a good chance you won't even get three medals and end up wasting your time for no comms.
You only need 1 medal, it's been that way for ages. Also if you quit some poor sucker is gonna join a loosing fight halfway through, so you are shafting those players.

Now imagine that poor sucker is a FTP, they just lost one of thier limited weekly plays, due to you bailing.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Veniras
12.08.2012 , 12:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
You only need 1 medal, it's been that way for ages.
One medal for 10-13 mins of aggravating gameplay with no fun. No thanks. I'd rather save myself the bother.

Helig
12.08.2012 , 12:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
One medal for 10-13 mins of aggravating gameplay with no fun. No thanks. I'd rather save myself the bother.
I believe that there should be a "MATCH IN PROGRESS" warning a la group finder for the queue popup, along with the option to skip that queue (without getting removed from the queue. Or simply a checkbox to avoid joining in-progress matches.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

CommanderKeeva
12.08.2012 , 12:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I believe that there should be a "MATCH IN PROGRESS" warning a la group finder for the queue popup, along with the option to skip that queue (without getting removed from the queue. Or simply a checkbox to avoid joining in-progress matches.
Yeah you get a warning when you're joining a flashpoint in progress, too. But I guess it's not there because they know most people would automatically assume it's a losing warzone and not join.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Ycoga
12.08.2012 , 12:45 PM | #18
The OP left out the 'we run premades vs pugs because we like winning' bit, which is a remarkably large oversight on his part.

There's nothing stopping Requiem playing Ranked against Sith Dominion till the cows come home if they wanted to - but they don't.

They're just ganking PUGs a lotta the time... I'm not judging them for it, but there's really no other explanation that fits.

To be fair some of the guys (valkryst for example) really do try and bridge the gap between the factions, and Salvation is key to that relationship, but the rest of the Imp guildmembers don't need to care, and why should they? This is BW's problem to fix, not theirs.

It's been going on for over 6 months now anyway.... BIOWARE! The imps are not to blame here, but BW certainly is!

And by the way, if we're all stroking e-peens then lets not forget Najeeke, me and tomius who help organise Rep vs Rep ranked nights so that we can close the gear gap and have some fun without Imp interference. Thanks.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Godlymuppet
12.08.2012 , 01:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
The OP left out the 'we run premades vs pugs because we like winning' bit, which is a remarkably large oversight on his part.

There's nothing stopping Requiem playing Ranked against Sith Dominion till the cows come home if they wanted to - but they don't.

They're just ganking PUGs a lotta the time... I'm not judging them for it, but there's really no other explanation that fits.

To be fair some of the guys (valkryst for example) really do try and bridge the gap between the factions, and Salvation is key to that relationship, but the rest of the Imp guildmembers don't need to care, and why should they? This is BW's problem to fix, not theirs.

It's been going on for over 6 months now anyway.... BIOWARE! The imps are not to blame here, but BW certainly is!

And by the way, if we're all stroking e-peens then lets not forget Najeeke, me and tomius who help organise Rep vs Rep ranked nights so that we can close the gear gap and have some fun without Imp interference. Thanks.
I think that we really do have a nice community for PVP. I actually hope we never get cross realm as we would loose that.

It definitely helps if you end up in a part premade with salvation. But I guess it depends on how you respond to requests. Personally I'll follow directions from them all day.

I have tried to get some of my guildies to do organised 50 PVP, but due to bad experiences against premades they mostly do under 50 PVP, soft gets. We did manage 4 of us together the other night and we won 4 of the 5 we did, with the one loss being partly due to an afk on our team. So it goes to show that organisation can make up for allot as only one us had wh gear, the others a mix of recruit or bm.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Helig
12.08.2012 , 01:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Yeah you get a warning when you're joining a flashpoint in progress, too. But I guess it's not there because they know most people would automatically assume it's a losing warzone and not join.
In 95% cases, it *is* a losing warzone. An alternative solution is rather well-known - a separate solo queue, which oh-so-many people (whether they zealously believe that MMO is a teamplay game, and solo players must be punished and forcefully hammered into premades; or just like to steamroll pugs, among others) furiously rage against.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie