Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

OrderOfVirtue
12.08.2012 , 10:24 AM | #21
From a operative in RWZ's. My guild let me run my operative in DPS spec because I was a safety and I would be mid tier in Damage (also was min/max'd) against other classes not min/max'd with the buff to sins there is no room for us anymore. This will never be fixed unless we get a light saber.... Make Yoda a operative and ill play just to be green and small. FACT

Daiyukie
12.08.2012 , 10:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Yeah this is definitely me going on about my ego for a class I do not play. Lol. I get that you're angry that you can't get the class to work properly, it can be frustrating to some from what I hear, but others have done just fine with it, regs and rated warzones. I don't need to provide a video because I have nothing to prove to you. If you feel like you can't play the class because you feel at a disadvantage, then by all means roll another one. Some classes just don't work for some people.
So the class you've never played is just a L2P issue for everyone playing it and you're just awesome for beating them. Seems legit.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

PoliteAssasin
12.08.2012 , 09:01 PM | #23
Ah so you've resorted to reporting posts because people disagree with you? How cute. I sincerely do hope you learn to be good at the class though. In the right hands, it can be devastating.

Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
So the class you've never played is just a L2P issue for everyone playing it and you're just awesome for beating them. Seems legit.
I can't beat the ones who know how to play the class. Like Sevrow. Others who don't, which is basically everyone else unfortunately, I can beat. Bullit is also an honorable mention right under Sev I might add.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

ktkenshinx
12.08.2012 , 09:51 PM | #24
Been playing as a 50 Concealment Op on Fatman (now Prophecy) since January. Same as a 50 Scrapper on the old Infinite Empire (now Bastion). I rolled my characters after the initial round of nerfs, when Shoot First/Hidden Strike knocked down for 3 seconds instead of 1.5, so I was not a part of the initial wave of "game ruining operatives" that initiated the series of class rebalancing changes. But I have a lot of experience with the class and its utility in WZs.

I made a lot of changes to my own gameplay to remain relevant in WZs, including better use of Sabotage Charge (e.g. using it against Sawbones healers when they are under 30% health in the Emergency Medpac loop), more aggressive use of Cloaking Screen to reproc Shoot First/Flechette and throw down a Sleep Dart, maximizing the super underused and overpowered Tendon Blast, knowing when to use Overload Shot against Shadows/Sins, and a variety of other tactics.

In PUG WZs, this was enough to keep me relevant and at the top of the damage and objective point charts. This is true in both post 50 WZs and pre 50 WZs, especially in post 50 WZs once you get an optimal Crit/Surge mix.

RANKED WZs are a different matter. Your lack of defensive cooldowns is crippling in the face of focused fire and coordinated, voice-chat teams. Shield Probe cracks in 1-2 GCDs if you have just 2 people focusing you. Evasion only gives you a 2 second window of survival on a long CD. You can't defend nodes because you get CC locked out, which is a real liability as a ranked WZ stealther.

Gap closing is another issue. Cloaking Screen is a great tool, but you need to juggle its use between resetting your armor pen. and getting out of bad situations. The Fight or Flight changes to Sneak were a step in the right direction, but the move speed bonus still isn't enough. If you are an expert at setting up your cover routes, you can gap close really efficiently, but this doesn't work on all maps and it is easy to avoid.

Although Scrapper DAMAGE OUTPUT is awesome, even in Ranked, you just lack the tank and objective UTILITY of a Sin/Shadow. No Guard. No taunt. No mass taunt. No speed. No shroud. These are just serious problems that Scrapper's can't surmount in Ranked gameplay. PUG WZs? Those are your playground. But in ranked gameplay, you are just outclassed.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

Malkavier
12.09.2012 , 03:30 AM | #25
The best Operatives I've seen are always running with another Operative. By themselves they are weak due to the nerfs almost a year ago now. In pairs (or more)? Kiss any healer, ball carrier, or node capper on your ranked team goodbye in under 5 seconds (sometimes under 3 if everything crits), and that is without them having backup from any other team members, and even if your healer/node capper/ball carrier is being guarded by a tank.

That being said, it's a very gimmicky way to play if you do a Concealment swarm.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

vimm
12.09.2012 , 03:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OrderOfVirtue View Post
As the best concealment operative on POT5 I will tell you, your team is at an immediate loss when they add a DPS operative to the group.
And who are you?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

PoliteAssasin
12.09.2012 , 03:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
The best Operatives I've seen are always running with another Operative. By themselves they are weak due to the nerfs almost a year ago now. In pairs (or more)? Kiss any healer, ball carrier, or node capper on your ranked team goodbye in under 5 seconds (sometimes under 3 if everything crits), and that is without them having backup from any other team members, and even if your healer/node capper/ball carrier is being guarded by a tank.

That being said, it's a very gimmicky way to play if you do a Concealment swarm.
If they need to run with a friend to kill someone, they're not the best operatives.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

LeonHawkeye
12.09.2012 , 05:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
If they need to run with a friend to kill someone, they're not the best operatives.
If you think Conc Ops are fine, you are sorely delusional and in need of some attention. Even a skilled and competent player can't make this class seriously Ranked Viable, Normal Warzones, they can be beasts I will give you that but we're talking Ranked. Sure it can fill a niche and is good for a lulz moment here or there against a less than skilled, experienced, or meticulously class optimized team but against a team that knows exactly what they are doing it and has the most adequately balanced and synergistic classes of the month(s)/Patch (which is the entire premise and point behind Ranked) a concealment Op has very little if any potential.

I for one actually play a fully optimized and augmented WH/EWH Conc Op regularly in both Norm and Ranked play, while our team is successful I can fully admit it is of the team's own volition and not because my class (Conc Op) is anything special; I make it work for what it's worth but the class is borderline under powered, there is just no place for the severely small niche it fills in high end, competitive Ranked Warzones. As many others have already said, the class needs some restructuring, any blind buffs will make the class "overpowered" again and ensue the same problem it had when it launched (full stun locks from 100% to death), it has utility what it needs is sustained DPS and some defensive options as well as a gap closer. Many if not all DPS Ops, including myself, have/are already abandoned their Ops in favor of adequately balanced and Ranked Viable classes. The moment 1.6 hits, I'll be switching to my Powertech and Assassin.

Vancanto
12.09.2012 , 08:33 AM | #29
so i guess a short an easy answer is: DPS ops are a no go for rateds thanks every1 for their opinions :-)
Sha'listo 50 Sentinel
Prophecy of the Five
Horizon

Dovahbrah
12.09.2012 , 08:41 AM | #30
Oh look, PoliteAssassin is posting in another thread where he has no idea what he's talking about. Go figure. Lol@taking an op over a shadow/sin in ranked, in any situation. You always provide the lulz..
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman