Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

Vancanto's Avatar


Vancanto
12.07.2012 , 04:22 PM | #1
so whats your guys opinions for a GOOD operative DPS in RWZ. worthless or a good choice?
Sha'listo 50 Sentinel
Prophecy of the Five
Horizon

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
12.07.2012 , 04:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vancanto View Post
so whats your guys opinions for a GOOD operative DPS in RWZ. worthless or a good choice?
A good shadow/assassin will always be preferred is the problem. No matter how good you are a Concealment Op, a hybrid, decep/infil, or bal/mad build will always be taken over you.

Hell, I've seen some of the better scrapers or conceal Ops on my server reroll a shadow/sin just because of it. I've even seen some weak scrappers who die often are now playing shadows and prospering.

OrderOfVirtue's Avatar


OrderOfVirtue
12.07.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
As the best concealment operative on POT5 I will tell you, your team is at an immediate loss when they add a DPS operative to the group.

Blasphemerr's Avatar


Blasphemerr
12.07.2012 , 05:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
A good shadow/assassin will always be preferred is the problem. No matter how good you are a Concealment Op, a hybrid, decep/infil, or bal/mad build will always be taken over you.

Hell, I've seen some of the better scrapers or conceal Ops on my server reroll a shadow/sin just because of it. I've even seen some weak scrappers who die often are now playing shadows and prospering.
Hah. All my assassin friends/guildmates are former-concealment operatives.
Something pretentious.

OrderOfVirtue's Avatar


OrderOfVirtue
12.07.2012 , 06:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
Hah. All my assassin friends/guildmates are former-concealment operatives.
awesome quote.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.07.2012 , 07:15 PM | #6
Sadly DPS operatives are more or less worthless. You are pretty much forced to go healing if you play operative/scoundrel. They are in serious need of a buff.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.07.2012 , 07:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OrderOfVirtue View Post
As the best concealment operative on POT5 I will tell you, your team is at an immediate loss when they add a DPS operative to the group.
Not true at all, you're doing it all wrong then. And if you really are the best on your server, then I feel sorry for you guys. Concealment takes skill to work properly. Not everyone can manage them effectively. Just because you can't doesnt mean others are limited as well.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Blasphemerr's Avatar


Blasphemerr
12.07.2012 , 08:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Not true at all, you're doing it all wrong then. And if you really are the best on your server, then I feel sorry for you guys. Concealment takes skill to work properly. Not everyone can manage them effectively. Just because you can't doesnt mean others are limited as well.
The premise of this is thread RWZ; Not pugs. If you add a concealment operative to a competitive-rated team clearly you've added them to defend objectives. It doesn't matter how good you are as an operative without force shroud/resilience you're just going to be cc bombed the moment they figure out you're an operative.

The class does well in pugs; stealth around assassinate healers and defend/solo objective(s). That play-style is ineffective in rateds.
Something pretentious.

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
12.07.2012 , 08:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OrderOfVirtue View Post
As the best concealment operative on POT5 I will tell you, your team is at an immediate loss when they add a DPS operative to the group.
I disagree with this statement, and this thread. Although not a first choice, a very good concealment operative is very viable in RWZ.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Gliese's Avatar


Gliese
12.07.2012 , 08:45 PM | #10
Yep I agree with all. I have an conc operative that i left and rerolled a smuggler scrapper because of server balance and i have been forced to reroll a sin/mara because op/smug are terribly under powered..
Gliese - 50 Operative <Opprimo Umbra>
Gleise - 50 Smuggler <Ewoks Anonymous>