Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PSA: Submitting an in-game CS ticket can break your character.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
PSA: Submitting an in-game CS ticket can break your character.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arctyc
12.08.2012 , 09:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I just wanted to clarify that no, you will not break your character if you submit a CS ticket. There is currently an issue that is unrelated that will cause a very small percentage of players to be affected with this character versioning error. Rest assured that these accounts will be fixed shortly, as it is a priority for us. Again, submitting a ticket will not break your character and we encourage you to continue to submit your CS tickets.
True, submitting a ticket will not break your character. However, our fix (for example returning BH Comms) CAN.

Dear all fellow SWTOR people, I would suggest not using the CS system on your mains. JUST IN CASE.

I ticketted this and emailed on Fri 0600 UK. Ironically, the system message doesn't tell you any of the above you have to find it yourself.

This is completely unacceptable, no use of a character for 2 days. Dear BW, that 2 days of crafting, raiding and BH and other comms generation you owe me. oh wait, can you at least confirm this won't happen again when you re-reimburse me first? That how this started for me, a game bug YOU were fixing.

My guild is seething because this is my only other geared player, so it stops them from paying as well.

Nice job.

BTW, when will this be fixed, a rough ETA would be mightily appreciated?

Yours, really enjoying not being able to play his Marauder.

Arctyc

PS. Please improve your customer communications, you have a great game and a main criticism I hear of this and other MMO's is the lack of feedback.

Ho Ho H..SMASH!!!(If only!)

tzagheru
12.08.2012 , 10:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I have to laugh, not at you OP, I just have to laugh to keep from screaming at how messed up everything is with SWTOR and EA and BW.

Thank you for posting this. I will no longer submit tickets until I know this is fixed.

Good Job EAware ... now you won't get in game bug reporting.

Tickets are a waste of time anyway, you just get the standard reply no matter what your problem is.
Im surprised this thread hasnt been deleted yet.

Robocles
12.08.2012 , 10:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
Tickets are a waste of time anyway, you just get the standard reply no matter what your problem is.
Im surprised this thread hasnt been deleted yet.
An amusing post considering this is a group of people who obviously didn't get "the standard reply" (whatever that is in your world).

Troll somewhere else, please.

Thufir_Hawat
12.10.2012 , 02:24 AM | #24
I had this issue a week or so ago, took about 36 hours to fix, no complaints CS kept me informed and compensated me proactively for this issue. Feels like they are doing what they can to fix things manuallty until a real system fix kicks in and as the Devs post says this happens in a small minority of cases and is not a widespread issue.

Tarn_Sirun
12.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I just wanted to clarify that no, you will not break your character if you submit a CS ticket. There is currently an issue that is unrelated that will cause a very small percentage of players to be affected with this character versioning error. Rest assured that these accounts will be fixed shortly, as it is a priority for us. Again, submitting a ticket will not break your character and we encourage you to continue to submit your CS tickets.
Translation: Submitting a ticket wont break your character, a bug in ticket submissions could cause a break of your character making them inaccessible, totally different.... totally.

Evensong
12.10.2012 , 05:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Thufir_Hawat View Post
I had this issue a week or so ago, took about 36 hours to fix, no complaints CS kept me informed and compensated me proactively for this issue. Feels like they are doing what they can to fix things manuallty until a real system fix kicks in and as the Devs post says this happens in a small minority of cases and is not a widespread issue.
You are lucky... I have ticket #7213435 (in case some C.Rep. sees it and helps ) open from 12/4/12 now and nothing. I am glad that I have alts, but this is my main and I am missing all HM FPs and operations... so it sucks, but I guess they have hands full with f2P
Trying to be patient LOL... but it's already 6 days...
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Planar
12.10.2012 , 05:50 PM | #27
OK let me clear something up on this by what I know and have experienced.

So cartel market launches and someone puts Speeder I perk on GTN for 80k, I am on my main Imperial and so I snatch it up since the text said it would apply to all my characters, now of course my level 50 doesnt need Speeder I, but it applies to all accounts, so I use it on her and it lets me. I log in my alts and no speeder I, so I put in a ticket, which is closed 2 days later. So I reply to the ticket on another character of mine (since tickets are account wide) after reading about their OOps glitch text on the speeder I cartel item that I would like the item returned or my credits back. They close that ticket stating they cant find where I purchased it, I open a new ticket disputing this (since you cant reply to a closed ticket) and they finally do a search and find it and which character I purchased it from off the GTN and used it. They said they have refunded my purchase price of the item. Next thing I know the character I originally purchased the item on cant log in thanks to the versioning error. So it doesnt matter which character opens the ticket it depends on which character they are fixing something on. I put in a ticket on it, I have now called in twice, about 1 week has gone by and no solution. At least I have my Republic 50 and another Imp 50 to play around with, but my Synthweaver with almost every recipe, tons of credits and items were for sale on GTN is frozen from me. So I am not in the same horrid boat as others but it still sucks bad having my weaver unavailiable and the resources stuck on her too.

Planar
12.10.2012 , 05:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
Translation: Submitting a ticket wont break your character, a bug in ticket submissions could cause a break of your character making them inaccessible, totally different.... totally.
It is actually, putting in the ticket doesnt cause it, fixing your character on the ticket seems to cause it, this is going by what ive read and guild conversations about the root cause.

Rensaal
12.11.2012 , 03:29 PM | #29
The versioning error was fixed for me, today. Thanks BW, I can finally play again!

Evensong
12.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #30
The problem was fixed for me also today. Thanks BioWare. I know you are pretty busy. I appreciate the fix
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.