Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PSA: Submitting an in-game CS ticket can break your character.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
PSA: Submitting an in-game CS ticket can break your character.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slurmez
12.07.2012 , 02:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I just wanted to clarify that no, you will not break your character if you submit a CS ticket. There is currently an issue that is unrelated that will cause a very small percentage of players to be affected with this character versioning error. Rest assured that these accounts will be fixed shortly, as it is a priority for us. Again, submitting a ticket will not break your character and we encourage you to continue to submit your CS tickets.
Yeah... no offense but you dont know whats causing what as indicated by the huge bugs we get every patch.

Uglyworm
12.07.2012 , 02:56 PM | #12
I just wanted to clarify that no, you will not break your character if you submit a CS ticket. There is currently an issue that is unrelated that will cause a very small percentage of players to be affected with this character versioning error. Rest assured that these accounts will be fixed shortly, as it is a priority for us. Again, submitting a ticket will not break your character and we encourage you to continue to submit your CS tickets.
Can you supply an approximate ETA on what you mean when you say characters will be "fixed shortly"? Are you talking hours? Days? Weeks? This happened to one of my guildmates a few days ago. He's since filed two tickets (the first one was closed without even resolving his problem) and called customer service but has not had access to his character restored or even been told when he can expect this to happen.

We're in a situation where we are now having to cancel scheduled raids because he cannot access his main character. So it's not just the one locked-out player who is being negatively affected by this issue, it's our entire guild.

Saelowyn
12.07.2012 , 03:13 PM | #13
We had to call a raid last night due to this issue and having a primary dps not available.

Jadenth Faey Sylexis Cyprès

Rensaal
12.07.2012 , 03:37 PM | #14
Joveth, thank you for responding. As a customer encountering this issue, I am concerned that my account will not be fixed as CS has yet to acknowledge that I even have the issue. My first ticket (7267397) was closed with a generic response for connection issues, and my second ticket (7290028) has not had a response yet. I have sent e-mails to testing@swtor.com (as requested in the error message) and support@swtor.com in response to my first ticket (with my launcher diag file attached). I have also called phone support and have been unable to get my issue either acknowledged or escalated.

I would appreciate any assistance in making the proper people aware that I have this issue so that it will be fixed when the solution is available.

Azaranth
12.07.2012 , 03:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
What you should really be saying is in order to clarify is: "Go ahead and submit your tickets, just be prepared to wait until the bug is fixed if your ticket involves lost items."
This would be true if they weren't still actively restoring items (and therefore breaking characters)... but they are. This has been happening since before Thanksgiving.. and (at least up to yesterday evening) they're still doing it.

So I'm not really convinced that submitting your cs tickets is a good idea right now, despite what Jorveth said.

ColrathFuriae
12.07.2012 , 04:03 PM | #16
I had the character versioning error too after CS dude "fixed" a missing BH commendation issue from my character. Issue was fixed within 7 days though (weekend included in that) and I received 500 CC as compensation while waiting for the problem to be fixed by the studio.

Arezael
12.07.2012 , 04:12 PM | #17
Don't hold your breath.

My main has had the versioning error for three weeks. (Still counting)

In response CS awarded me 500 cartel coins as compensation on the 23rd November.

I found that to be frankly insulting. Having an added amount of cartel coins and not being able to use them is a solution to what exactly?

This issue was (and still is) being handled in an unprofessional manner whichever way you put it.

Azaranth
12.07.2012 , 04:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Arezael View Post
Don't hold your breath.

My main has had the versioning error for three weeks. (Still counting)

In response CS awarded me 500 cartel coins as compensation on the 23rd November.

I found that to be frankly insulting. Having an added amount of cartel coins and not being able to use them is a solution to what exactly?

This issue was (and still is) being handled in an unprofessional manner whichever way you put it.
When did this versioning issue first happen to you? The earliest report I've seen of it is Nov 22, but if yours was weeks before that...

ClarkNineCD
12.07.2012 , 05:51 PM | #19
Ouch! The worst part of this problem is a lot of the issues people are having will require CS to do a restore to the character....which then apparently locks them out due to this problem.

This popped into my head while reading this thread...

Bob1: Azaranth
M0-T0: Who's he?
Bob2: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot. Posts on the website to help other players.
M0-T0: Oh, yeah. I've sent a couple "responses" to him.
Bob1: Yeah, we can't actually find a current record of the items he claims were lost due to a bug.
Bob2: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is we just closed his first ticket, and had M0-T0 reply to his next few tickets; but through some kind of glitch on the server, he still can log in and post new tickets about the problem.
Bob1: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Lumbergh: Greeeaaaaat.
M0-T0: So, uh, Azaranth had his items restored?
Bob1: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be able to log in at all anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
Bob2: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end!

Mireleni
12.08.2012 , 01:30 AM | #20
I'm so upset about this. My guild shuffled people around and recruited a replacement for me last night, and they finally tried EC nightmare for the first time. First boss dropped the best-in-slot earpiece for my class as well as the awesome TANK mount, both of which I was unable to roll on because I wasn't there

They better not pay me back for the lost time and opportunity with Cartel Coins. What will I do with them? Gamble them on Cartel Packs. I've already had such rotten luck getting this bug, it would just be too depressing to get bad luck again with the cartel packs and wind up with some worthless items I can't use or already have duplicates of. No, the only recompense that would satisfy me would be the tank mount.
Visit my award-winning Resort on Tatooine! Part 1/Part 2
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for goodies, if you like.