Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Important Jung Ma pvp notice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
Important Jung Ma pvp notice

yooohoo
12.06.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1
On the forums there is a place for customer support. I have been relentlessly posting about server transfers and its been ignored. Literally everything around it has been answered. So if this matters to you at all please help me out and create your own forum on it.. The pvpers of Jung Ma i believe want this to happen so lets all get together and actually do something about it. Unless you would like to wait 6 months for a 20 dollar character transfer per toone.
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

dinrodion
12.07.2012 , 01:37 AM | #2
QUICKLY --- go make some more duplicate threads!

WE NEED MORE POSTS ABOUT THIS

Rennia
12.07.2012 , 04:54 AM | #3
I think it's toon, and you presume much Suluu. I for one love PVP and play exclusively on Jung Ma. I am quite happy where I am. If you have a problem with Jung Ma, re-roll. Before you give me the usual spiel about how you have all this stuff on Jung ma, I have a comment you should consider very carefully: If you don't like the Jung Ma community... or lack there of as some people complain... shouldn't have rolled there. It doesn't take a genius to figure that an RP-PVP community likely won't stay very big for very long. It's usually a small core of dedicated players who -with exceptions- usually try to be more mature. You should have realized long ago it wouldn't stay big forever.

With that in mind I would support a moderate fee for character transfers. I personally wouldn't mind say.... $5 per character or a nice $30 bundle for all characters on a particular server to be transferred. If people want to move I think they should pay for it. Responsibility for your decisions sucks doesn't it?

Have fun!

yooohoo
12.07.2012 , 07:27 AM | #4
Oh my gosh.. your the general sarcastic ***** that cant even follow an argument. Everything you just said makes no sense if you really think about it. Theres no way anyone could predict that this server was going to die. And I will give you the general re-roll argument because you seem to be the only person missing that point. NO ONE wants to re-roll. Disagree? Ok look at the forums for the public test server. Over half of them are complaining about not being able to copy lvl 50's over. Disagree? Well ask around. I cant find anyone who is like, "HELL yea man that would be awesome, I would love to spend three weeks getting to lvl 50 and grinding War Hero!!" And thank you for correcting my spelling its clear that you are one of those guys but confirming it to the community was a nice touch. If you have something to offer in terms of an intelligent conversation then do it but don't come on here and like the alpha male because no one wants that. Keep that stuff in the game or better yet dont do it at all because you just ruin the game for everyone when someone starts a conversation and you come along and instead of responding to it you correct their spelling and you try to be funny.
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

yooohoo
12.07.2012 , 07:35 AM | #5
I however will respond to the one thing you did offer and that was paid transfers. I agree with you 100 percent on that. 5 dollars or a 30 dollar bundle would be VERY nice. I think that you should have to pay for character transfers this prevents all people from server hoping, and there should be legitimate concerns on free transfers. A 5 dollar per character or even 10 dollars per character would be a very nice touch. However i could easily see it turning into a ludicrous amount of money which would probably destroy the jung ma server.
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

WaywardOne
12.07.2012 , 08:13 AM | #6
At release JM was packed. Before the first merges it was the most busy pvp server on the East coast after Fatman. The "should've known" sentiment is just bs. We got screwed in the last set of merges because, unlike every other remaining NA server which had 5+ source servers, we had 1.5.

SithLordSix
12.07.2012 , 08:32 AM | #7
Jung ma was a great choice initially.
1. Lots of players
2. You can run pvp
3. You can run pve
4. You can RP
5. AND BEST OF ALL YOU CAN RP AND PVP. Who the hell doesn't want their guild to be in roll and crush their enemies. The main point of SWTOR was to be an elite hero in the star wars universe and crush your enemies.

So saying (he, us , and everyone suffering on Jung ma with no ranked pops EVER, ) should have known that bioware/ea would transfer everyone away and not send anyone to the server was not known .

Good work suluu , For continuing to bring this issue up. We love The game, pvp, and still want to play. Albeit with ranked and RP/pvp.

And to all you smartazz trolls out there, F off. We are trying to better the game while you are just sitting there annoying others. Your not going to get someone to say great job trolling, your so witty, can I be your friend. You just show how petty and insignificant you are and perhaps you like to be insignificant on a low pop server .

HaemmernZeit
12.07.2012 , 11:53 AM | #8
A few months ago Anwar called BW customer service and talked to over 8 people. Finally a higher up said that they would get a transfer for Dark Empire to another server and that it had happened before (to people who were originally on destination servers). We were given instructions and followed them, only to be told that transfers were not allowed. We then had a question, quit the game or reroll on Pot5. We sill somewhat enjoy the game and the people in the guild, so we manned up and rerolled. And you know what, it wasn't that bad. Yes not having any perks is frustrating. But it was worth it. So stop your crying Suluu or anyone else. Either reroll or shut up.

yooohoo
12.07.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quit coming on here to cause problems.. if people cant contribute to the conversation then don't post. And I'm glad for Dark Empire they are part of the 1% of numb nuts that spent 4 weeks re-rolling. If your so happy there then why bother with this thread it obviously doesn't concern you. And I'm training to become a fighter pilot so dont tell me to man up on swtor.
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

Rennia
12.07.2012 , 12:46 PM | #10
If you put a topic on a forum you should expect someone to disagree with your ideas. And I for one have had -experiences- with communities such as this so yeah I did know it wouldn't last. Did I have a time and date of 'failure' no, but the story has repeated itself time and time again. Yes, true, things are never -exactly- the same, maybe JM wouldn't have failed? Maybe it still won't who knows. But one can read the writing on the wall, and when the server population -started- to decline you continued playing. Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.

As for the war hero grind? If you're unfamiliar with 1.6 WH will become the new 'BM' and take regular comms versus ranked comms. Not something I'm particularly fond of but C'est la vie. Heaven forbid you have to play in BM for a couple weeks ^^ Though that's generally the case with any new character unless you're an enthusiast who makes WH for their alts ahead of time.....

While I'm not entirely in the belief that people should have an out I simply feel a lot of it could have been avoided. Though I'm also a bit curious as to the problem. When I go to pvp, which is usually throughout the early afternoon to early morning... four/five A.M I haven't had a lack of willing participants in PVP.... So I'm a bit curious as to why people are still driving to transfer? Is it because you feel the PVPers in Jung Ma of late suck? If so I should point out to you that you'll run into those type on -any- server you go to. Unfortunately getting them to -not- suck....That takes patience.... lots and lots of patience.

And for my last point. How...many guys have you seen with the name Rennia?

Edit: Also for those people jumping down my throat and going on about how Jung Ma was -initially-. Point out in my post where I said when SWTOR first launched. I don't believe I did. But it's been up for a year, and the population has been declining for at least -half- that. I know that because I was here. So, when the signs started coming that the population was dropping, I'm not sure if you people were asleep and not noticing it or what... But then again you're the same people who claim it's 'been dead' for months so that's rather contradictory.