Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with Republic completely dominating 50 Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Whats up with Republic completely dominating 50 Warzones?

Abbrachmann
12.07.2012 , 07:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
How about queueing up a little later kind of tired having to play at 5pm to see covenant premades, prime time is 12am
sounds like someone needs a job or go to class...........just sayin

heechJunzi
12.07.2012 , 09:02 AM | #12
I solo queue more often than not. Pubs dominate in the morning / early afternoon (especially this week.. it's been painfully boring). Usually imps come back at night. Although I gotta say, other than a couple premades doing alright last night, seemed like imps were getting blown out last night too.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

oredith
12.07.2012 , 09:55 AM | #13
it's a simple numbers game.

there's more imp players, and consequently, there's a greater number of n00bs queuing solo for WZ, in recruit gear (especially now that 1.6 is on PTS, and everyone's trying to bank RWZ comms)

the solution is to find some friends, like others have suggested.

totally unrelated note, now that I'm "done" with borderlands 2, i think i'll get back into PVPing in ToR..
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Kuvox
12.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #14
I would say that this is a very 50/50 server, at least compared to another server I play on that is dominated by Pubs. But like others have said, it all depends on who is on, and if a lot of Pub teams are in ranked.

And speaking of ranked, I have played 33 ranked games since mid-November. Only 6 of these have been against Imperial teams (2 against Aliens, 2 against Ascendancy, 1 against Disconnect, and 1 against a pugged group). It could just be that when we queue for ranked Imperial teams are not on, but others have also said that they face Republic teams far more than Imperial ones in ranked. There are a lot of excellent Imperial players out there who I never see in ranked; it would be nice to see them start making teams.

MitchPB
12.11.2012 , 03:25 AM | #15
There's been a huge influx of new 50 imps over the past month so that wont be helping things.
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

amaresch
12.11.2012 , 04:02 AM | #16
If it helps, The Republic fleet chatter (between credit spammers) is often filled with complaints and finger pointing over why the Imperial faction is dominating them. Could just be the time you log in- or other reasons given above.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger

DarthBloodloss
12.11.2012 , 07:41 PM | #17
There's a thread just like this about Imperials....1 month ago
There's one about Republics 1 month before that
And there's an Imperial one 1 month before that.....

In other news, 100% of people polled reveal that they have taken 1 or more polls in their lifetime.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

MasterWxman
12.12.2012 , 02:32 AM | #18
I solo queue and my experience is the opposite. I have a 50 on the Imp side and a 50 on the Republic side.

My imp is on a winning team about 50% of the time... about 75% of the time we are against other Imps (I think Imperial side must have way more PVP players), and usually if we are fighting the Republic, they get slaughtered.

For my Pub toon, I'm on a winning team only about 30% of the time, and I think almost every single match is against Imps.
A.E.S.K Achiever 67%, Explorer 67%, Socializer 33%, Killer 33%

oredith
12.12.2012 , 01:41 PM | #19
FWIW, personal observation is that imp side pugs cry 546890766236% more than the republic side.

i've been on losing (blowout) pugs on both sides, and the QQ from the imp side is definitely much more.. teary.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

DarthBama
12.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
I usually win 80-90% of games imp side its not the pubs its not having a good team composition to queue with.
You are exactly right. People haven't figured this out yet. As the gear gap closes, group composition is going to be even more important (and different WZs favor different compositions). I find the chance of success goes up if you simply group up with 1 of each role.