Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time to merge some guilds on the republic side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Its time to merge some guilds on the republic side

Nee-Elder
12.07.2012 , 05:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakees View Post

.... MAKE THIS GAME BETTER
umm first off: That's BioWare's job.

Secondly: Unless or until 'they' implement more Guild-related *content* (sandboxy or otherwise...aka Guild Capital Ships, attackable Guild Cities/Bases, etc. ) , there is really no significant motivation for even the most miniscule of guilds to merge into a larger more "active" super-guild (re: Group-Finder) .

Having said that, my guild (The Elder Alliance Militia) has only 108 members (half are alts) and averages only 5 to 10 Online at once, regardless of day/time.

Therefore, we would be more than happy to absorb any guilds or players...depending on how 'absorb-worthy' you are.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=542697

regards, Nee

I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB

Xwinluke
12.07.2012 , 06:37 AM | #12
I've only seen 5-8 elite dps on reps not counting me. Not saying I'm the best player but I do know how to play my class and its specs. But merging on rep side isn't going to help much. The players who know there good based on stats at the end of matches need to come together that want to make a complete team. Do you think id and physics had great players from the start? Probably not, there guild leader/ recruiter found and recruited these great players and molded them into a team. They formed with a few than grabed players as they played that where good in wzs..
They are fortunate too have found good players to replace people who have quit the game. I know the rep side has lost a great deal of great players. Too many too list. If you want to merge guilds you might aswell join little babys icecream lol pretty sure repside has one now. If you want to build a ranked team that can challenge the elites top pvp players need to speak with me about joining up and making a team. Quality over quantity just like JD said.
ObiWalker 50 Sentinel
Darksidious 50 Marauder Wanted

Gainesvillain
12.07.2012 , 10:44 AM | #13
WOOK,RESILIENCE,REMANTS OF THE JEDI,OMG PINK.LUNCH BOX and a few more

thier are a lots of good players in these guild who could work together and start a better guild for the republic side
i know alot of these guild have like 200 plus members but only like 2 to 5 people on at a time with many who you never see till a update comes out or never see again,guild leaders who never play and have left a merge would be nice we could make better rank team better pugs and have guild events with more guild leaders and players

SO GET UP AND START TALKING TO EACH OTHER MAKE THIS GAME BETTER
Last night, a Thursday, WOOK had 40 players online. Two raid groups and two or three pvp groups in addition to players leveling and socializing. Your assumptions about how other guilds are organized and running are a little off base, at least in our case. Nothing leads me to believe we are looking to change the way we operate. Thanks for the concern though... I guess.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Having said that, my guild (The Elder Alliance Militia) has only 108 members (half are alts) and averages only 5 to 10 Online at once, regardless of day/time.
This is the main issue that Jakees should be concerned with. If you are in a guild that has 5 active players on at any given time your guild should not be doing the absorbing, but rather should be absorbed by a larger, more active guild. The guild I was in had a single 8 man team, we merged with WOOK before F2P, and have been having much more opportunities for fun since. All it really took was for us to realize that our tight-knit, launch guild would benefit from the resources of a larger player-base. We left some alts in our original guild, but are all really happy to have moved. My suggestion is to find a larger guild that is up for a merger and move single characters at first to test the waters.

All that aside, to join WOOK you need a member to sponsor you currently. As far as I know we are not actively seeking mergers. If you'd like to contact any of us directly try http://www.wookieeroar.com/. Want to know if there is room in one of our PVP premades or need a player to fill an empty spot in your group? Send one of us a tell, most of us are pretty helpful and easy to get along with. Good luck and have fun!

DeathDealerElite
12.07.2012 , 11:14 AM | #14
I appreciate the thought and what you are trying to do. There's been a few people around the Republic Fleet trying to do this lately. I spoke with Adi-wan from Remnants about this very issue and we both agreed that our respective guilds do not wish to merge with anyone. I don't have the luxury of playing during peak hours anymore due to work, so I'm not sure how my own guild has been doing to be honest. I do know our guild leader has much respect among us and he's been consumed by school lately. I also know when he comes back to play we rally back and make a strong competitive PvP team. During the times he's gone we're more like a bunch of lone wolves waiting to be called up for action lol. The whole top guild merger thing has been tried before, and frankly it just hasn't worked out.

Nee-Elder
12.07.2012 , 11:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gainesvillain View Post

If you are in a guild that has 5 active players on at any given time your guild should not be doing the absorbing, but rather should be absorbed by a larger, more active guild. ------ We left some alts in our original guild, but are all really happy to have moved. My suggestion is to find a larger guild that is up for a merger and move single characters at first to test the waters.

!
I hear you, but me & my Guild have been here since early-Beta, so we won't be merging into anyone else's guild...ever.

Why? Besides the fact that i enjoy being the sole Guildmaster (unlimited powaaaaaaaa!!!!!) , frankly whether or not there are 5 people Online in guild-chat or 50 doesn't affect my (nor my guildees) play-time in the least bit. And therein lies one of the inherent 'problems' with SWTOR...imo.

No one is online in guild? eh so what, just join a Group-Finder.
Not enough online in guild for ranked PvP? eh it's cool, just queue for reg WZ's (since they're the exact same zones and hey it's only "pre-season" anyway) .
Nobody online in guild to help w/ a HEROIC2? eh whatever, level 1 to 50 can be solo'd.
Need to finish a HEROIC4? eh no problem, my Legacy'd Companion & I can do it.

etc. etc. etc. ------- Oh and i disagree with your notion that (and i'm paraphrasing) "the smaller guilds shouldn't be absorbing anyone" -> lol Of course we should. See that's how 'we' become *larger* (and more active) ...which promotes more overall competition (or fodder) for all you "hardcore" type guilds.

Although keep in mind: the CAP on guilds is 500 members, so there's a limit to any merging either way.

So yeah: Quality over 'quantity' indeed. And over time, it becomes 'a Quantity of qualitys.'
I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB

OMGitsCHARLIE
12.07.2012 , 11:20 AM | #16
Lunchbox is fine, we have 15-20 people on each night and 3 raid teams going on.

Thanks for your concern.
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

eavn
12.07.2012 , 11:20 AM | #17
no, for several reasons

i) you assume guild size based on players actively pvping, which is silly, lunchbox for example really doesn't have a huge amount of pvpers that are very active in 50 pvp, but we have three 8man hm tfb/nim ec raid groups going, which leads to the next problems
ii) almost all the mentioned guilds will have a set way to run and manage their guild, what you are asking would be the same as going

"hey canada usa and mexico, you're all in the general area, merge your governments and split the power, position and national funding together"

it is a bad idea.

iii) the last problem i will mention is the fact that many guilds have invested a lot of time and money into guild websites, vents/t.s/mumble etc etc, which do we use? who pays for it? who gets control of it? all of there things are serious issues that would prevent a big server merge.

in the long run if it would work, i would absolutely love the idea, but there are just too many issues, and as somebody said before, not enough incentives for guilds other then really small ones to merge.

RyanReagan
12.07.2012 , 11:37 AM | #18
ryan who is the best guild id faces in rank on the republic side
Invalid Target and White Talons.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

KyarraKyndheart
12.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
Well in theory your idea is great, but in practice not so much. Leadership structure, personalities, loot, schedules, etc all come into play as variables that doom your idea to failure.

Regards,
KK
could not have said it any better.
Kyarra Kyndheart
Unconquered's Sassy Mistress
"Good girls are bad girls that never get caught."

Ybini
12.07.2012 , 01:12 PM | #20
Maybe an alliance would work so that you don't have to go and leave your guildies just because you prefer to pvp.
Just have to post the pvper who would be interested, and what days/hours they're on and group up.