Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are they going to get the game working propery?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When are they going to get the game working propery?

skiibyrd
12.06.2012 , 11:17 AM | #1
Is there ANOTHER major bug in this game... I just got my companion somewhat working again (Although anytime I mount sometimes randomly he will be dismissed completely so when I enter combat he is not there like is always is) and it seems I encounted another, major bug that was a confirmed issue by a couple other people too. I have been working my a** off to get BH commendations for my BH Head Piece, and when I went to purchase it, it did not show me any tooltips other than the base stats for the item. I could not pull it up to view the Mods, enhancements and armoring peices, and it would not show me the compairison to what I'm wearing now... I checked, and ALL my tooltips are enabled properly, so I disabled them, applied changes, enabled them again, applied and saved changes... and still same issue. Its even the same after I logged out and logged back in.

This is SOOO frustrating, I placed a ticket, but as we all know I won't hear from them for about a week, and I'm gearing for OP's with my guild. I WANT MY GEAR. The issue is only with the vendors, I can view, and pull up the mod screen for anything in my inventory completely fine.

Why is it that EVERYTIME they do ANYTHING to the game, it causes a lot of little bugs, or a few major ones... I mean its no matter if its patching bugs, adding content, or maintence, something is almost guarenteed to be messed up afterwards. Do they have monkeys working on the game? I dont see how its possible to mess up so much EVERYTIME you touch the game.

Its getting to the point where I am looking, and starting to play other MMO's because I cannot count on this game being reliable. I loved this game, and really want to see it succeed, but its like they really don't care about the players enough to keep them.

BTW, as a side note, I called customer service yesterday about this when I was raging, and wanted a refund for the day because of their mess up, I'm sick of just sitting by, giving them my money CONSISTANTLY every month, and them not providing a stable enough product for me to feel that my money is being put to good use anymore. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LITERALLY HORRIBLE, ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER SPOKEN TO!! They had absolutely no idea what any of the items in the game (literally knew nothing about the game for that matter), so when I was explaining my issue, they were clueless on what the exact issue was, they even HAD to trasfer me to a supervisor because the older lady from the india (or wherever) gave up on trying to figure out the issue, and the supervisor had no idea about anything in the game either.... he said 'MR Joshua, i understand your frustration about your clothes in the game, but i do not know what a Black Hole is, I will look into it and call you back"....

I HUNG UP, WHAT A JOKE!!

I am, and was very understanding for a LONG time with this game that bugs do happen, this game is new, and its the Dev's first time attempting to do an MMO, but its been almost a year and there has been numberous patches, but these issues are still occuring like its the first patch ever on this game for them.

Like I said, I dont rage like this ever, especially on the forums (Usually try to stay constructive with my thread topics) but this is just getting pathetic and embarassing for this game. Other MMO communities have literally been laughing at the fact that I say I'm coming from SWTOR, so I don't even like to admit to too many people I'm a player any longer. Why can't they just get their Sh*t together?

Urael
12.06.2012 , 11:22 AM | #2
TL;DR

Unable to view information on items when mousing over items at a vendor. Specifically, the BH Comms Vendor.

Title not appropriate.
Long rant to wade thru to get to the real issue.

uziforyou
12.06.2012 , 11:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
Is there ANOTHER major bug in this game... I just got my companion somewhat working again (Although anytime I mount sometimes randomly he will be dismissed completely so when I enter combat he is not there like is always is) and it seems I encounted another, major bug that was a confirmed issue by a couple other people too. I have been working my a** off to get BH commendations for my BH Head Piece, and when I went to purchase it, it did not show me any tooltips other than the base stats for the item. I could not pull it up to view the Mods, enhancements and armoring peices, and it would not show me the compairison to what I'm wearing now... I checked, and ALL my tooltips are enabled properly, so I disabled them, applied changes, enabled them again, applied and saved changes... and still same issue. Its even the same after I logged out and logged back in.

This is SOOO frustrating, I placed a ticket, but as we all know I won't hear from them for about a week, and I'm gearing for OP's with my guild. I WANT MY GEAR. The issue is only with the vendors, I can view, and pull up the mod screen for anything in my inventory completely fine.

Why is it that EVERYTIME they do ANYTHING to the game, it causes a lot of little bugs, or a few major ones... I mean its no matter if its patching bugs, adding content, or maintence, something is almost guarenteed to be messed up afterwards. Do they have monkeys working on the game? I dont see how its possible to mess up so much EVERYTIME you touch the game.

Its getting to the point where I am looking, and starting to play other MMO's because I cannot count on this game being reliable. I loved this game, and really want to see it succeed, but its like they really don't care about the players enough to keep them.

BTW, as a side note, I called customer service yesterday about this when I was raging, and wanted a refund for the day because of their mess up, I'm sick of just sitting by, giving them my money CONSISTANTLY every month, and them not providing a stable enough product for me to feel that my money is being put to good use anymore. I am, and was very understanding for a LONG time with this game that bugs do happen, this game is new, and its the Dev's first time attempting to do an MMO, but its been almost a year and there has been numberous patches, but these issues are still occuring like its the first patch ever on this game for them.

Like I said, I dont rage like this ever, especially on the forums (Usually try to stay constructive with my thread topics) but this is just getting pathetic and embarassing for this game. Other MMO communities have literally been laughing at the fact that I say I'm coming from SWTOR, so I don't even like to admit to too many people I'm a player any longer. Why can't they just get their Sh*t together?
I see many minor bugs, none of them game breaking but nonetheless annoying. Played WoW for 7 years, they had the same issues with bugs so I'm guessing this isn't unique to Bioware. You really have only two options (since you reported the problems already) grin and bear the problems or vote with your wallet and quit paying to play the game. I'm doubting that the rapidity or lack thereof that these bugs get addressed is going to change.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

skiibyrd
12.06.2012 , 11:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
TL;DR

Unable to view information on items when mousing over items at a vendor. Specifically, the BH Comms Vendor.

Title not appropriate.
Long rant to wade thru to get to the real issue.

cool stroy bro.

Title fits fine, if you read it then you would know that, there is spaces to break up the points, and its not just a rant, nice try though... and why the hell would you visit my thread just to post this?

skiibyrd
12.06.2012 , 11:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
I see many minor bugs, none of them game breaking but nonetheless annoying. Played WoW for 7 years, they had the same issues with bugs so I'm guessing this isn't unique to Bioware. You really have only two options (since you reported the problems already) grin and bear the problems or vote with your wallet and quit paying to play the game. I'm doubting that the rapidity or lack thereof that these bugs get addressed is going to change.
well i went from the companion issue, to this one back to back, both are pretty big issues, if i buy the wrong piece of gear, it will take me a week to get a refund from CS, but the issue here is they didnt make ANY changes to gear, but yet there is a bug for the BH gear vendors on fleet, a lot of people in my instance confirmed that. There is absolutely no reason to go F2P because of bugs unless you want to turn this into a moderately good RPG with an expensive Pay-as-you-go MMO, they need to know these bugs are killing a lot of the population, I mean 4 of my guildies literally quit after the companion issue and refuse to come back because they have given the game too many chances. If the game was a great MMO experience as a whole, then these bug issues wouldnt be that bad, but thats not the case as of this time.

Urael
12.06.2012 , 11:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
cool stroy bro.

Title fits fine, if you read it then you would know that, there is spaces to break up the points, and its not just a rant, nice try though... and why the hell would you visit my thread just to post this?
No you were ranting and rude. The title only creates an air of drama and QQ. I am sorry that you are having problems with the game but, how you are going about solving your problems shows a lack of maturity. I summarized your thread so that someone could actually help you. You're welcome.

skiibyrd
12.06.2012 , 11:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
No you were ranting and rude. The title only creates an air of drama and QQ. I am sorry that you are having problems with the game but, how you are going about solving your problems shows a lack of maturity. I summarized your thread so that someone could actually help you. You're welcome.
Its not rude, its the truth, your being an ignorant fanboy, and like i have said before, people like you are killing this game, the Mods need to read these threads more often, and pass them to people who can do something about it, because its killing the game. I mean this whole experience was an embarassing experience on their part, and made them look way worse in my eyes. there are so many things in this game that is making it leak subs at an alarming rate, that things like this are just messy on their part, and the whole thing showed how much they dont care.

Look at the threads, how many of them are positive? not many, most of them are about what this game is doing wrong. So take your fanboy tough suit back to your imaginary perfect game, and sink with the ship. what this thread shows is how someone that has played since beta has been mistreated to the point they are driving them completely away from a franchise, and developer that i have supported for many many years.

Pulpp
12.06.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
I agree with the OP on a number of his frustrations (no Q&A, untested patches, weak CSRs and generally frustrated with EAware while wondering where exactly all the money is going...). Too bad the actual issue at hand is insignificant and his demand/rage over the phone was nonsense.

Look, if you are genuinely frustrated - Quit. Stop giving them money. You'd be fully justified and there are plenty of better games/companies out there. There is a F2P option...then you can just check back on the game without any further investment and if they are still doing silly things, you won't feel rage...but instead, mild amusement
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).

wrmrstacrdwower
12.06.2012 , 01:10 PM | #9
In EA's eyes Mythics Warhammer Online never happened.

Just be glad they are defrauding you with 500$ account sub fee charges, OP.

Capt_Beers
12.06.2012 , 01:57 PM | #10
Did you try hitting ctrl + u twice?

EDIT: Did you also try to repair your install? Something could have gotten a little wonky during a patch or something.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech