Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty hunter fixes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bounty hunter fixes

JackNader
12.06.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
I think death from above should be improved.
Make it Immune to interrupt and NO minimum range.

Give bounty hunters an intercede type abillity or a short jet speed boost that works similar to force speed. They have a jetpack for christs sake. They should be way more mobile than they are.

Lionflash
12.06.2012 , 10:32 AM | #2
Is there any reason you want those buffs?

My only issue with the ability is that therre are no talents that are specifically centered around it. It's the class's most iconic ability and there is no real way to improve it. 'Unload' and 'Rail Shot' can get some attention if you like those abilities. The focus tree is all about the 'Force Sweep', but 'Death From Above' is just some AoE ability that both Bounty Hunters get.

Maybe if there were a talent around it.

Also, while I wouldn't change the animation, the whole "fly into the air and rain missles' does really scream out, "Hey! Please interupt me!"

Almost like the Commando Healers 'Big green lazer'.

Joesixxpack
12.06.2012 , 10:41 AM | #3
Make it Immune to interrupt - Disagree

NO minimum range. - Makes sense. Same for trooper mortar. Yeah it sounds silly, but so does being able to call a freighter fly by or orbital strike on your own head with no damage.

Give bounty hunters an intercede type abillity or a short jet speed boost that works similar to force speed. They have a jetpack for christs sake. They should be way more mobile than they are. - Gotta hook up troopers then too.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

JackNader
12.06.2012 , 10:47 AM | #4
Well for death from above it has very limited use in pvp and even in pve its kind of a pain in the *** to line up on stuff that is right next to you.

As for immune to interrupt... Ravage is immune to interrupt and its on a 30 second cooldown. All sniper abilities are immune to interrupt. Tankassassin HD is immune to interrupt. Death from above is on a 1 minute cooldown. I don't think it is unreasonable at all to actually give bounty hunters the ability to cast it free from interrupt given its lengthy cooldown.

Obviously the mirror class gets the added benefits. I would really like to see more mobility out of the bh/trooper classes. Would make huttball far more interesting having mercs etc carrying the ball lol!

Joesixxpack
12.06.2012 , 10:59 AM | #5
I forgot about all of the others that are immune (maybe a convenient memory lapse since I play them all a lot more than my neglected PT? ) Yeah why not then.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Siorac
12.06.2012 , 11:09 AM | #6
By all means give Commandos a passive talent to make it uninterruptable.

Vanguards, however, don't need any fixes or additional tools. Tanks maybe (in PvP) but their problems won't be fixed by an uninterruptable Mortar Volley.

Alizaro
12.06.2012 , 11:31 AM | #7
Doesn't shield already stop interrupts? Maybe think about popping it before you make yourself a target.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

Siorac
12.06.2012 , 11:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alizaro View Post
Doesn't shield already stop interrupts? Maybe think about popping it before you make yourself a target.
Only Bodyguards/Combat Medics have access to that talent.

Alizaro
12.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #9
I know my pt doesn't have it but wasn't aware it was an ability in the tree, thanks. That said, might be a nice thing to add to mercs as a whole when they get around to giving them some love.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

lensmo
12.06.2012 , 01:34 PM | #10
Ha, pts are already a top dps class in pvp. An intercede would make them unfair.
Sincerely,
~~~~~SIRLEN~~~~~~~~~~LENCOOL~~~~~
<Squirtle Squad> - The Harbinger