Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Player Behaviour.

Lostpenguins
12.06.2012 , 11:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
You don't make the assumption that people joining a flashpoint actually want to do that flashpoint? That is a backwards way of doing it.
You don't make assumptions that people who life the LFG tool for HM FP's need gear in the HM FP. The reward, for many, is the BH comms you get at the end.

Your assumption here is terrible. I'm not assuming everybody wants to skip bosses. I'm not assuming everyone will press the spacebar. But I will do so for my own sake. I will skip bosses and trash if I can. I will click spacebar on convos when I can. If I notice someone not following that, I'll ask them, "Did you want to see the full convo?" If I notice someone stopping at a boss and wanting to attack them, then we can attack.

But saying that I should be the one to communicate because you assume I want to do the entire FP will the mobs/bosses in it is just as silly.

haliy
12.06.2012 , 11:41 AM | #12
Just running the daily for bh coms, ill enter the FP and the first thing i do will be to take a second to look at everyones gear or just the initial HP they have. If everyone is sitting at 19-20k hp, then yes, i will automatically assume nobody is needing the gear and we can skip pretty much everything. If there is someone in there sporting blue's and tionese rated gear, then yes... i will ask if they are needing anything from any of the bosses.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

psandak
12.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #13
This whole issue boils down to COMMUNICATION from all sides.

If you want to do all bosses or skip as many as possible in an FP let the group know. I guarantee 90% of those you group with won't mind either way.

If you want to skip or listen to conversations let the group know. Again I guarantee 90% of those you group with won't care either way.

That 10%.../shrug...will be jerks no matter what. Kick them or let them leave who cares.

Icestar
12.06.2012 , 12:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jak- View Post
As far as players skipping mobs and bosses, Anarchy Online had a solution for this, they had bettwer rewards for clearing a phase 100%. So if there was an Uber-Reward for each player present (like special gear they don't have yet) I am pretty sure it would cut down on the "Mission Blitzing".
That is one solution. I think that a bonus of comms could be the better option, those "fastrunners" are really, really fond of their comms and would probably go through alot to get more
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

psandak
12.06.2012 , 03:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Jak- View Post
As far as players skipping mobs and bosses, Anarchy Online had a solution for this, they had bettwer rewards for clearing a phase 100%. So if there was an Uber-Reward for each player present (like special gear they don't have yet) I am pretty sure it would cut down on the "Mission Blitzing".
That is one solution. I think that a bonus of comms could be the better option, those "fastrunners" are really, really fond of their comms and would probably go through alot to get more
Honestly, that is not such a good idea. It would only cause those players to get BH comms faster than before and once a character is full BH then there is no reason to do HM FPs at all.

Icestar
12.07.2012 , 08:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Honestly, that is not such a good idea. It would only cause those players to get BH comms faster than before and once a character is full BH then there is no reason to do HM FPs at all.
Aslong there is a system for players to get gear and transfer them to alts with legacy armour there will always be overgeared players in HM FP.

I on the onther hand likes to gear up each character on their own and not curl them through the gearing process
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla