Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Going darkside shouldnt make you ugly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Going darkside shouldnt make you ugly

DarthRamette
12.07.2012 , 01:55 PM | #11
I just turn off the DS corruption for my Chiss Agent which is funny since she isn't force sensitive. My Juggy is LS so no issues there. I never quite got the whole you are a BH or Agent yet show DS corruption part either.

Slowpokeking
12.07.2012 , 02:00 PM | #12
I think the corruption works ok on human but not so good to other races, at least Sith Pureblood should keep their red skin, we don't see Sadow, Ludo or any Pureblood Sith in the game have pale skin.

DarthRamette
12.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think the corruption works ok on human but not so good to other races, at least Sith Pureblood should keep their red skin, we don't see Sadow, Ludo or any Pureblood Sith in the game have pale skin.
Yea why it makes them or Chiss lighter is odd. You shouldn't get lighter, just get the look.

Journeyer
12.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #14
Quote:
There has been plenty of sith who looked perfectly normal when gone to the darkside until they get disfigured someway
I think you just answered your own question with an insightful commentary on what tends to happen to those who trust in the dark side.

As for the game, as others have pointed out, the corruption is a customization option, much like the character creation sliders. You earn a certain amount of disfigurement on par with the degree to which you've been playing in the dark sandbox, and if you decide that your character hasn't actually had a disfiguring moment yet, you switch it off.

And at the moment that you decide they've now had such a thing happen...the full measure of the consequences of your power gone dark are waiting just under that serene mask.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

lokdron
12.07.2012 , 02:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well.. actually purebloods should not even have sith corruption turned on since they have evolved with the dark side hence why they have sith eyes from birth and are naturally talented with the dark side.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Spartanik
12.07.2012 , 02:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Trixdope View Post
Why is it in bioware games they make you look ugly when you go darkside? (Scaley skin, Veins on face, Pale skin, ect.)

There has been plenty of sith who looked perfectly normal when gone to the darkside until they get disfigured someway wether it be a fight or something else.

-Anakin Ep.III
-Revan
-Count dooku
-Exar kun
-Palpatine (prior to mace windu's work)
-Darth maul
-Cadeus
-Zannah
-Bane
-Talon
-Ulic Qel Droma
-Bastila (short time but still)

The list can go on forever.

other than getting yellow eyes, people don't become fugly just by going darkside so why do we in all these bioware SW games?
Maybe thats why there is an option to remove corruption. Just saying. My sith is darkside lvl V and looks quite normal.
Obviously there tons of lore out there explaining that kind of thing. I even heard of techniques that mask corruption forinstance.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

FINNT
12.07.2012 , 03:33 PM | #17
Nevermind.
:laser:

Negranit
12.07.2012 , 04:13 PM | #18
As much as I like how my DS trooper looks, to be fair DS corruption should only affect force users. After all, you can be as mean as hell but, if you're not using the force, why should you be affected by it?

DarthRamette
12.07.2012 , 04:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Negranit View Post
As much as I like how my DS trooper looks, to be fair DS corruption should only affect force users. After all, you can be as mean as hell but, if you're not using the force, why should you be affected by it?
That is what I wondered, how an Agent, Trooper, BH could be affected when they didn't use the force.

Wolfninjajedi
12.07.2012 , 06:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Negranit View Post
Because The Force affects all living things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.