Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Cant Wear His Gear

Fleurdelis
12.06.2012 , 02:14 AM | #1
I have hk51 as a legacy unlock on my level 30 something smuggler wyattearpp on the harbinger. I had read of the companion gear not giving the right stats. The work around was to take a the gear off your character and the. Re equip it. Well i tried that with hk51 and now i cant put his gear back on him. Says i now have to be level 50. Help. This makes him useless for leveling now.

Derekdidyourmom
12.06.2012 , 02:16 AM | #2
TOR is a bit messed up in every aspect right now

Fleurdelis
12.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #3
6 pages buried and no cs comments. An answer would be nice.

Gidrea
12.06.2012 , 01:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post
I have hk51 as a legacy unlock on my level 30 something smuggler wyattearpp on the harbinger. I had read of the companion gear not giving the right stats. The work around was to take a the gear off your character and the. Re equip it. Well i tried that with hk51 and now i cant put his gear back on him. Says i now have to be level 50. Help. This makes him useless for leveling now.
You need to equip level 30 gear (or lower). Save the gear he came with for when you hit 50.

It's lame, I know.

You can buy droid parts on the GTN, or from the vendors on:

Coruscant (Specialty Goods and Commendation Equipment Vendors)
Nar Shaddaa & Tatooine (Heavy Armor and Specialty Goods Vendors)
Alderaan (Specialty Goods Vendor)

for higher levels,
Balmorra (Commendation Equipment Vendor)
Belsavis (Commendation Equipment Vendor, Specialty Goods, Heavy Armor Vendors)
Voss (Specialty Goods, Commendation Equipment Vendors)
Corellia (Specialty Goods)

These are moddable (Orange) parts. There may be other parts available at the different vendors.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Comtrol - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Kelha
12.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
I know it's been brought up a lot recently, but here's another nugget for those not already in the know.

You cannot equip level-appropriate mods in his gear, the gear itself is tied to level 50. So if you want to level with him, you will just need to buy gear outright and skip modding what all he has with him.

Please fix BW?

Rivensong
12.07.2012 , 12:33 PM | #6
This companion character was specifically designed to be acquired at level 50 so it makes sense he would get level 50 gear. None of the other companions get gear that scales to the characters level so I don't see why HK is any different.

Gidrea
12.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rivensong View Post
This companion character was specifically designed to be acquired at level 50 so it makes sense he would get level 50 gear. None of the other companions get gear that scales to the characters level so I don't see why HK is any different.
It's different because you CAN get him at lower levels. It's very misleading.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Comtrol - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Dragoon-
12.07.2012 , 02:51 PM | #8
The game-designers did not really thought-out this through when they added the ability to unlock him pre lvl50.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Skodan
12.07.2012 , 03:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragoon- View Post
The game-designers did not really thought-out this though when they added the ability to unlock him pre lvl50.
they should allow his gear to to be given an unbolster buff which makes his gear level equal to the player's level, similar to bolster's effect in pvp matches
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

VigDiath
12.07.2012 , 03:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
It's different because you CAN get him at lower levels. It's very misleading.
You CANNOT get him at lower levels. But you CAN unlock him for lower levels. Big difference. You have to have at least one level 50 to get HK and he should come with all level 50 gear. When you unlock him for lower level toons tho, he still comes with the level 50 gear that has be changed out for level appropriate gear.

Best bet is to buy gear from him on GTN or use comms to buy him gear. It's worth it because I've used HK on my lower level alts and has all his level 50 abilities and is hard to kill. Plus he kills quicker than most other companions you acquire.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)