Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Removing armorings from other sets an exploit?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Removing armorings from other sets an exploit?

wiredgutter
12.05.2012 , 11:32 PM | #1
I've never posted on the forums before, but I need some clarification about removing the vindicator armorings and putting them in adaptive legacy armoring so I can share between my jugg and sentinel. Someone accused me of exploiting and I take cheating very seriously, so I wanted to check with the forums. Thanks in advance

RankorSSGS
12.05.2012 , 11:34 PM | #2
Nope, not an exploit at all. That guy was just being a baby for some reason.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Veniras
12.05.2012 , 11:37 PM | #3
Not an exploit.

Putting WH PVP-armourings in belt/bracers, maybe. (Not slot-bound as they should be, and smugglers/agents can't do the same)

But not taking "ordinary" set mods and changing looks, no.

wiredgutter
12.05.2012 , 11:39 PM | #4
Ok sweet thanks for the swift replies. The person had just got a sound thrashing from my Sentinel so perhaps they were upset that I was a teammate several matches later on my Jugg (which is silly considering there is same-faction WZs).

wiredgutter
12.05.2012 , 11:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Not an exploit.

Putting WH PVP-armourings in belt/bracers, maybe. (Not slot-bound as they should be, and smugglers/agents can't do the same)

But not taking "ordinary" set mods and changing looks, no.
I've thought of doing that but after adding up the stats I see very little point in it. What is the point of doing that? If you removed an armoring from a shield or generator and added a random mod, wouldn't the stat value be almost identical? The only difference would be the mod, but you can simply compensate for non-ideal mods in another armor piece. Makes no sense to me.

paul_preib
12.06.2012 , 12:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wiredgutter View Post
I've thought of doing that but after adding up the stats I see very little point in it. What is the point of doing that? If you removed an armoring from a shield or generator and added a random mod, wouldn't the stat value be almost identical? The only difference would be the mod, but you can simply compensate for non-ideal mods in another armor piece. Makes no sense to me.
The point would be someone already have a WH offhand, buying a second one (especially since there is no trade-in prereq. and only 2k cost) and putting that armoring (and possibly mod) which will easily outstat just the regular non moddable WH belt/bracer.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Ebon-Sith
12.06.2012 , 01:37 AM | #7
Think the point is it allows marauders to get
The set bonus of 10% damage boost like Juggs
Get.

Sztoid
12.06.2012 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wiredgutter View Post
I need some clarification about removing the vindicator armorings and putting them in adaptive legacy armoring so I can share between my jugg and sentinel.
I think what he's referring to is that Vindicator chest piece armor rating is 897 while a weaponmaster chest piece armor rating is 673. If your character is required to wear medium or light armor, they wont be allowed to wear heavy armoring. I'm not sure if it is also applied to adaptive gear.

Veniras
12.06.2012 , 10:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sztoid View Post
I think what he's referring to is that Vindicator chest piece armor rating is 897 while a weaponmaster chest piece armor rating is 673. If your character is required to wear medium or light armor, they wont be allowed to wear heavy armoring. I'm not sure if it is also applied to adaptive gear.
Is it possible to wear guardian armoring as a sentinel? If so, It could be considered an exploit due to the increased armor stats.

Ramtar
12.06.2012 , 11:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ebon-Sith View Post
Think the point is it allows marauders to get
The set bonus of 10% damage boost like Juggs
Get.
I have done that, and pulled the armoring out of the WH Vindicator OH Generator to put in my crafted Belt and Bracer.