Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NO Addons please. There is another solution!

Mephane
12.20.2011 , 08:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Logainn View Post
The problem with add-ons is that they change how the game evolves. I've played WoW, I didn't have a problem with add-ons at start. Hell, I even used them. But eventually, they became so widely used and made so many raid encounters easier, developers started to design encounters with the use of these add-ons in mind.
In reality, it became sort of obligatory to use add-ons if you wanted to compete in any way.

Add-ons give individual add-on developers the power to influence game evolution. I want that power to remain solely in Bioware's hands.

Not to mention the whole gearscore debacle/drama that wow has seen.
This. The same reason why many substances are forbidden in professional sports (even ones that are not illegal per se). As soon as enough contestants start using them, they would effectively become mandatory if they gave any competitive advantage.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Jackal_Sixx
12.20.2011 , 08:18 AM | #22
disagree with OP.

WTB addons! Need bar mods, and damage meters. bring it!

DarthGlitch
12.20.2011 , 08:32 AM | #23
Why do people want to blame addons, particularly gearscore and DPS meters, for people being jerks?

Those people, will be jerks without them. The difference is, without a DPS meter you won't be able to prove they're wrong.

DPS meters and UI customization need to happen. ASAP. Be it BioWare's design or addons, I don't care. I never used gearscore anyway. My "not optimal spec" and "low gear score" kept me in the top 3 DPS in everything I did in WoW.

Grow a thicker skin and learn to prove people wrong instead of trying to get useful tools avoided because you don't like the pressure. You don't want to focus on how to be the best you can? Spend your time crafting, not in operations.

This is a ridiculous argument. People who want to improve need tools like DPS meters and UI customization to do so. People who don't want them, spew BS about having fun and not being judged poorly. If you want to improve, you'll like the tools. If you don't, you don't really need to be in the situations where people find the tools useful, as they're specifically progression and improvement based - not story or social.
Sith Assassin

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 08:42 AM | #24
No add on's!

They ruin a game that is designed to push you and make you work for your reward to allow add on's would dumb down the game and turn it into the very easy "WoW" and eventually we will have pandas as a class in Star Wars which I do not want.

Kalevera
12.20.2011 , 08:49 AM | #25
When add-ons can be used, don't use them. That's a pretty simple solution. Let those who prefer add-ons to use them.

I prefer them, not just for meters, but to customize my UI. I did it for WoW and I'd like to be able to it with SWTOR. Kgpanels ftw!

Kunitsukami
12.20.2011 , 08:53 AM | #26
Non-dev Addons ruin games. They've done it to every other MMO and they are always wanted by the whiny minority and then forced on the good majority because they become the stable of how people are told to think in the game.
Worship the mighty Hutt planet leaders! Moving incredibly slowly with their tiny arms and huge body mass which is easy to hit with any weapon!

Furyofwar
12.20.2011 , 08:53 AM | #27
Anyone who "NEEDS" add ons is bad.

/end thread.

ZaOniTenshu
12.20.2011 , 08:59 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Furyofwar View Post
Anyone who "NEEDS" add ons is bad.

/end thread.
Agreed

Oogresh
12.20.2011 , 09:03 AM | #29
I like the idea that someone mentioned where the dps can be shown at the end of the raid. or possibly even having just the raid leader see the dps meters so they know who is pulling their own weight. I personally do like to see my own dps and get upset with people who aren't pulling their weight. Last night while swtor was down I played wow for a little while, and honestly I was watching the dps meter a lot. I was tanking and doing so much more dps than everyone, I noticed this even without my damage meter up though. I like to know if someone is just leeching or if they have no idea how to play give them some pointers.

As for the guy saying damage meters ruined the game for him, you are probably just bad.. I know they can be a pain in the *** sometimes, but typically in wow at least people understood, hey you were kiting them guys that entire fight thats why your dps was so ****** thats good though because you did your job. Also the way wow is setup for sure if you spec into dps you are expected to dps just because your heals will be so weak they won't even really be helping unless you used loh or a bubble on someone.

tl;dr
maybe give party/raid leaders the ability to see damage meters and link after fights. or give people the ability to just see their own dps as that seems to be what people are ************ about the most. ui customization would be nice, but I won't die without it. it is just another thing to get used to with a new game.

tickneb
12.20.2011 , 09:03 AM | #30
No Addons, People stop being lazy and learn how to play and dont be reliant on 3rd party apps that make games boring hense why people are leaving one certain MMO!