Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

trying to figure out how vent and teamspeak work

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
trying to figure out how vent and teamspeak work

lord-durpp
12.05.2012 , 08:56 PM | #1
Hello, I am currently in a dilemma. I have 1 level 50 juggernaut, a level 49 assassin, and a level 33 operative. I have done some ops on the Juggernaut, but I have no experience with how to use these online communications properly. I do have a mic, but I never seem to figure out how to connect to servers and the like. can someone please explain to me how this works?

Thanks, Lord-durpp

Blighboy
12.05.2012 , 09:02 PM | #2
You install the client (which I assume you've done). After setting it up, when joining a group, if someone (or your guild) has a server, they will give you the IP or hostname, the port number (if using Vent), and the password (if it has one). You open the program, enter the information in the required places, and press connect.

The specifics vary depending on what program you're using but the general idea is the same, easy to figure out.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

sankalp
12.05.2012 , 10:02 PM | #3
listning is more imp than talking, so if you can connect and listen, most people wont have issues, unless you tank on your jugg.

I installed all 3, and find them useful. Guides should be available on each softwares website.

lord-durpp
12.05.2012 , 11:43 PM | #4
previously, i just looked up the fights beforehand on dulfy's site, and have done well. i just feel i can be even better with the voice connection

Edit: yes, he's a tank. love to be needed.

Thundergulch
12.06.2012 , 01:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-durpp View Post
Hello, I am currently in a dilemma. I have 1 level 50 juggernaut, a level 49 assassin, and a level 33 operative. I have done some ops on the Juggernaut, but I have no experience with how to use these online communications properly. I do have a mic, but I never seem to figure out how to connect to servers and the like. can someone please explain to me how this works?

Thanks, Lord-durpp
Maybe this tutorial will help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32AGZdY5yA

There are public servers,but most everyone uses (rents) their own server, so in order to talk to your guildies, you need their info to connect to their server.

Ziggymaster
12.06.2012 , 02:49 PM | #6
At least with vent and possibly with others, you need to run the program as administrator or the mic may not work.