Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Stat Weights

Hockaday
04.30.2013 , 02:31 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
Pre mitigation dps
Hrm, time to find the pre mitigation dps, thanks lol.

Edit: Found them, so my question is; on Thrasher and The Cartel, should Sins run UW Healing and Proc Def, or Proc Def and EWH (or something besides ewh if we odn't have it)
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Naritara
04.30.2013 , 05:10 AM | #172
I'll be running arkanian until a UW drop
Ark is 580, EWH is 477, Conq is 484,

Arkanian seems to be the easiest and best to get for 150 basics :-)
::: Mains: Ay'li - Mercenary DPS | Ayl'imei - Sniper DPS:::
::: Ay'limei - Sin Tank | Aylimei - Sorc Heal/DPS :::
::: Koturan - PT Tank | Ak'ame - Jugg Tank/DPS | Aylimai - OP Heal :::
::: Kara'luna - Sentinel DPS | Ka'raluna - Commando DPS:::

Razzberry
04.30.2013 , 07:42 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
checked my character. its 5%
It's definitely 4%:
http://i.imgur.com/3hnf84A.jpg

That combines with Soresu giving 6% for a total of 10% IR:
http://i.imgur.com/FAamk5n.jpg

Razzberry
04.30.2013 , 07:44 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Razzberry View Post
It's definitely 4%:
http://i.imgur.com/3hnf84A.jpg

That combines with Soresu giving 6% for a total of 10% IR:
http://i.imgur.com/FAamk5n.jpg
Is there a discrepancy between Guardians and Juggernauts? Maybe just a tooltip error, or are you actually getting 11% IR?

dipstik
04.30.2013 , 09:30 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
Hrm, time to find the pre mitigation dps, thanks lol.

Edit: Found them, so my question is; on Thrasher and The Cartel, should Sins run UW Healing and Proc Def, or Proc Def and EWH (or something besides ewh if we odn't have it)
Proc defense and elite war hero. Or use shield absorb on use if you don't have ewh.

dipstik
04.30.2013 , 09:38 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Razzberry View Post
Is there a discrepancy between Guardians and Juggernauts? Maybe just a tooltip error, or are you actually getting 11% IR?
ive got 21% with the willpower buff. so, they are different. I made a post about it in general and PM'd eric musco, so he shoudl be telling the devs about it sometime.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. without you checking this work, that would have gone unnoticed for a while im sure.

this goesnt affect the stat weights, but it does affect the overall mitigation, by a little. this will change the tradeoff between strength/power and mitigation, for the self absorb.

DogEyedBoy
04.30.2013 , 10:28 AM | #177
Does this take into account Powertech's new passive, Close and Personal?

Yngow
04.30.2013 , 11:19 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
Dipstik -

Some questions for you from a PT tank perspective.

First off, in regards to relics, you've stated that Arkanian/Underworld Relics of Fortunate Redoubt (defense) is BiS for both Juggs and Powertechs. As for the second relic, I have the old Elite War Hero shield static relic that gives me +120 shield rating. Should I look to change that out? I feel like the +120 stat is just too good to drop.
Keep in mind that all the math is done for an average of all possible situations and does not represent the best for each individual fight or moment during a fight, that reflects a lot on relic choices meaning that if you get those relics you will have a very good performance overall, but playstyle choices can make other relics better for you.

What I mean is, if you know the mechanics of the fights, a clicky relic + proc relic + adrenal poped at the correct time can pretty much negate a mechanic that would otherwise kill you, and while it lowers your overall survivability during the rest of the fight by a little (considering the pvp relic is up all the time and the clicky is not) your healers should be perfectly able to keep you alive during the downtime of the clicky relic. Thats why for me, unless it is a very non-spiky dmg fight I use a clicky+proc, thats the same idea as pre-casting for healers where they start casting big heals/buffs before the big dmg situations.

Also keep in mind that powertechs have only 3 (or 2, some people keep oil slick up everytime they can instead of an oh crap) cooldowns and those cooldowns are not as good as the ones shadows and juggs have. So in the end the math is just a guide that you should adjust to your playstyle. Personally I always have 2 sets of relics so I can choose which one is better for each boss fight

dipstik
04.30.2013 , 12:41 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
Does this take into account Powertech's new passive, Close and Personal?
here is what i have:

Vanguard http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-03637ae825f7

rebraced armor: 16% armor rating
shield vents: 2% shield
ablative upgrades: 4% absorb
ion screen: 2% kinetic reduciton, 2% internal
deflective plating: 4% defense

heat screen: 3% for 6 seconds after heat blast
heat blast: during heat blast: (25+0)*1.5+(25+1)*1.5+(25+2)*1.5*1+(25+3)1.5
taking time averaged for both gives (3*6+25*1.5+26*1.5+27*1.5+28*1.5)*(1/12) = 14.75% absorb. KBN got 15.33. so im just going to call this number 15%.

power armor: 2% kinetic reduction, 2% internal reduction
integrated cardio package: 3% endurance

stance: 5% kinetic damage reduction, 5% internal damage reduction, 60% increase armor rating, 15% shield chance,

set bonus: 2% resistance, 2% defense
resist buff: 10% internal resistance

DogEyedBoy
04.30.2013 , 12:49 PM | #180
That looks like a no then. No mention of the self-heals from shoulder cannon either. I doubt it does enough to change anything, but maybe worth a look.