Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Stat Weights

THoK-Zeus
04.27.2013 , 11:21 AM | #131
Yes, but your maths seems to be incorrect. If i use your formula for defense rating, i get an increase in defense Rating from 5,43% from an active Proc Relic. But when i count your formula backwards it says that the Underworld Proc Defense Relic, just gives an increase of 1,46% to migation when active. Is Defense Rating really just working on 26,8% of all attacks?

Edit: It seems that you counted the 6s /23s Time of the Proc Relic a second time when you did the maths. The percentage of the time the proc Relic is active is about the same percentage (26,1 %).

Mallorik
04.27.2013 , 12:29 PM | #132
My first question , who is right kbn or dipstik? are the two different stat set ups for different situations? I play a guardian and at 2200 rating there are pretty significant differences in the numbers especially in absorb.

The second is probably something stupid on my part that im not seeing but in the OP why are their two tables for each class with the same stat pools but different stat distribution?

And thanks for the wrok guys, keep it up. Ive been a min max freak since EQ1 back when min maxing meant just getting all your stats to 255.

Grumpftard
04.27.2013 , 01:06 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
My first question , who is right kbn or dipstik? are the two different stat set ups for different situations? I play a guardian and at 2200 rating there are pretty significant differences in the numbers especially in absorb.

The second is probably something stupid on my part that im not seeing but in the OP why are their two tables for each class with the same stat pools but different stat distribution?

And thanks for the wrok guys, keep it up. Ive been a min max freak since EQ1 back when min maxing meant just getting all your stats to 255.
Lol...actually they are both right....kinda.
The disparity comes in (from my understanding) with the assumptions behind the math when it comes to "How much incoming damage is of what type"
One set of number is assuming that incoming damage is more of one type than the other set of numbers. Other than that (as far as my limited math ability knows) their methodology is the same. My assumption is that as time goes on and we get more and more data on the actual damage distribution %'s, that KBN and Dipstik's charts will get closer and closer to being roughly the same values.

The two different charts for each class comes from running the numbers with 720 shield and again 790 shield.

This is all assuming that I am actually understanding everything correctly....rofl!
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

Mallorik
04.27.2013 , 03:00 PM | #134
See I knew I missed something, I didn't notice that the shield was all 720 in one and 790 in the other.

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 05:38 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
Yes, but your maths seems to be incorrect. If i use your formula for defense rating, i get an increase in defense Rating from 5,43% from an active Proc Relic. But when i count your formula backwards it says that the Underworld Proc Defense Relic, just gives an increase of 1,46% to migation when active. Is Defense Rating really just working on 26,8% of all attacks?

Edit: It seems that you counted the 6s /23s Time of the Proc Relic a second time when you did the maths. The percentage of the time the proc Relic is active is about the same percentage (26,1 %).
I'll double check. It should be
(6/13)relic+(17/23)base

The amount of mitigation from defense depends on armor rating and amount of internal/elemental. defense should be working for 0.7*0.8=0.56 of the dps, where 28% of it you get a free 10% boost to defense, and the other part you dont.

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 06:30 PM | #136
updated OP. i didnt see any double counting of the proc time or anything. I did neglect to add the 32 static defense to the defense relic, so that makes it BiS for vanguards now, when before absorb won. which is noce sine you dont have to worry about your on use shield absorb hitting hard DR form absorb 550 procs.

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 06:34 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
Lol...actually they are both right....kinda.
The disparity comes in (from my understanding) with the assumptions behind the math when it comes to "How much incoming damage is of what type"
One set of number is assuming that incoming damage is more of one type than the other set of numbers. Other than that (as far as my limited math ability knows) their methodology is the same. My assumption is that as time goes on and we get more and more data on the actual damage distribution %'s, that KBN and Dipstik's charts will get closer and closer to being roughly the same values.

The two different charts for each class comes from running the numbers with 720 shield and again 790 shield.

This is all assuming that I am actually understanding everything correctly....rofl!
before any numbers were run to see how much damage was 90% versus 100% accuracy, i assumed a 50/50 split for gearing, because that seemed to be the most conservative guess. now when using combat logs to get dps etc, I think my 20% force/tech kinetic/energy is more conservative because it makes room for a string of such attacks. if the uncertainty is plus minus 10%, and we are saying it is 10%, then i would rather gear for 20/80 than 0/100.

Grumpftard
04.27.2013 , 08:53 PM | #138
Dipstik,
Did you see my post on previous page about DG relic?
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 09:19 PM | #139
im not sure about arkanian and underworld, or underworld and DG.

i know my UW works with the PVP

ScytheEleven
04.27.2013 , 10:05 PM | #140
Are the percentage numbers on askmrrobot correct? I'm done playing for the night, and I'm pretty sure on my PT tank I have close to 1000 shield rating, which gives me around 41% shield chance. On askmrrobot, it says my chance at 964 would be 55%...