Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Stat Weights

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tanking Stat Weights

thasensei
04.26.2013 , 09:13 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
They don't drop anywhere. There is no such thing as 72 crafting. PT and juggs want high mitigation mods while sin tanks want high endurance b mods. It is insanely easy to gear up a sin tank as it is.
My post was in response to the posted AMR builds. I was just pointing out that the builds are using enhancements which are currently unavailable, so it would be worth adjusting those accordingly. But thanks for the info!

dipstik
04.26.2013 , 09:40 AM | #122
i see what you mean. we can only get 32 defense/absorb from the 79 shield enhancements.

dipstik
04.26.2013 , 11:03 AM | #123
i updated those two builds, once i have the PT build i will add links to the OP

Powerrmongerr
04.26.2013 , 11:17 AM | #124
A very sincere thank you to everyone who participated, particularly dipstik, for all of the incredibly informative information and hard work.

dipstik
04.26.2013 , 11:31 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerrmongerr View Post
A very sincere thank you to everyone who participated, particularly dipstik, for all of the incredibly informative information and hard work.
Thank you very much. your thanks is appreciated. you are very welcome.

That being said. I updated the OP with relic info and links to BiS Builds.

Hockaday
04.27.2013 , 04:18 AM | #126
So i believe I've missed the conversation considering the relics, but, are we to use the pvp and pve healing relics now? I believe it was mentioned that both relics work. But I'm not sure. Sorry to ask.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

THoK-Zeus
04.27.2013 , 04:29 AM | #127
@dipstick: One question about the best Relics for Shadow Tanks. You wrote that there must be atleast 7200 DPS going on the tank, so that the Proc Relics for Abs./Def. are more viable then the 634 healing Relic.
If i just count that backwards, that means that f.e. the Underworld proc +550 Absorb Relic migates just 1,46% of the incoming dmg (634 / (7200 times 6 seconds)) when it is active. I assumed they proc the same time (both are on a 20 s CD). That can't be correct (The migation value of 550 Absorption Rating must be sth around 6% or so for shadows). Did i overlook sth. ?

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 10:47 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
So i believe I've missed the conversation considering the relics, but, are we to use the pvp and pve healing relics now? I believe it was mentioned that both relics work. But I'm not sure. Sorry to ask.
for a sin/shadow, yeah the healing relics. one pve one pvp.

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 10:51 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
@dipstik: One question about the best Relics for Shadow Tanks. You wrote that there must be atleast 7200 DPS going on the tank, so that the Proc Relics for Abs./Def. are more viable then the 634 healing Relic.
If i just count that backwards, that means that f.e. the Underworld proc +550 Absorb Relic migates just 1,46% of the incoming dmg (634 / (7200 times 6 seconds)) when it is active. I assumed they proc the same time (both are on a 20 s CD). That can't be correct (The migation value of 550 Absorption Rating must be sth around 6% or so for shadows). Did i overlook sth. ?
what i did was take the weighted mitigation of the best relic ( i think it was the def proc one) and i subtracted the base form that to give me the improvement of mitigation due to thye best relic. so the number is: weighted-base=difference

to find out how much damage is mitigated by the relic at a certtain dps level we just take: difference*dps=mitigated_damage

now i need to compare the healing relic to the mitigated damage so i set

difference*dps=heals_from_relic

and i solve for dps.

Grumpftard
04.27.2013 , 11:17 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
for a sin/shadow, yeah the healing relics. one pve one pvp.
I have a question about this.
In screwing around with relics last night...with the Arkanian and DG relics both equiped (haven't had crap for roles on UW relics)....both healing relics were proc'ing. There was even a couple instances where one relic proc'd the other.
Can anyone confirm the same with the UW? Need to know if the UW and Ark will proc together. UW and DG?
So right now I have Ark / DG... that's 580 /505. Iirc the PvP is only 465-ish?
Is the healing proc from the smaller relics significant enough to beat the UW mitigation relics?
If yes, then I'm interested to know which combination of healing relics work best.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc