Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your pvp is going under

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your pvp is going under

Macroeconomics
12.06.2012 , 02:58 AM | #21
The gap between the effectiveness of veteran players and rookie/casual players is huge in this game. And it's not due to gear. It's because PvP combat in this game is rather complex. Significantly more complex than in other MMOs. The huge number of abilities and the need to recognize the visual clues of other classes abilities in order to be effective in PvP is a big hurdle for casual players. Yet the complexity also leads to a richness in the PvP environment that is desirable. You can't have one without the other...

agape_
12.06.2012 , 04:02 AM | #22
I did my weekly in 3 hours it was so much fun, btw I'm one of those full WH gear players on the harbinger and I only play with elitist premades. I love wrecking noobs and undergeared players and the reason I can is because I can put hours and hours into pvp farm up max comms within 3 days then buy all the gear i can for alts and min max a character within a week. So far every post you make makes me smile, to think my main goal of ruining peoples fun day in and out is happening is wonderful.
Agapex: Level 55 PT
gods gift to swtor on the bastion

MusicRider
12.06.2012 , 04:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
I did my weekly in 3 hours it was so much fun, btw I'm one of those full WH gear players on the harbinger and I only play with elitist premades. I love wrecking noobs and undergeared players and the reason I can is because I can put hours and hours into pvp farm up max comms within 3 days then buy all the gear i can for alts and min max a character within a week. So far every post you make makes me smile, to think my main goal of ruining peoples fun day in and out is happening is wonderful.
Small p****** syndrome.

JohnAnconia
12.06.2012 , 08:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Yes the casual pvpers! Soon, you'll have people calling incoming when a node is under attack!
Actually that is the problem. If only some players would learn to call out incs in pugs.... :S

Yeochins
12.06.2012 , 08:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Most of the PvPers already left. RIP 1.5 million players.
Pretty much this.

random_kick
12.06.2012 , 08:48 AM | #26
The amount of crying and ************ on this forum is always astounding.

DEAR BIOWARE:

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is fine where it is.
Sincerely,
-Rock
Hibar- Komad- Kerrell- Komack- Omuzeen
<The Core>

Bobdoleownedyou
12.06.2012 , 08:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by VLAHD View Post
If you are all that, you too can be part of the 10 percenters that dominate 100pct of the pvp.

The rest of us 50 percenters (30 percent dont pvp at all) just want a pvp system we can enjoy without having to move back into your parents basement. Think you can do anything to help us????????????????

If you cant fix this mess you have created, i only have one thing to say to you....how do i preorder elder scrolls online.

10 percent dominates + 50 percenters that get dominated + 30 percent that dont pvp = .... 90%

Ah the other 10% stuck in loading screen or the ever popular "server que".
...or he just sucks at math.
Quit complaining or this droid will probe you!!

dejavy
12.06.2012 , 09:14 AM | #28
The OPS is right actually. Tired of being facerolled all day long by glowingsticks prems. I'm ok about strong foes but being a commando is just impossible to enjoy the game these days. I started a sentinel just to try out how's it's going as a slayer. And you know what, it's just too much I faceroll each and every class one on one and now it's clear to me why i fight against 4 maras prems everyday - they just smash any team away in seconds staying in bubble. So, what's the point for ME as a commando to queue at all ? I just don't. I started a new commando and gonna lvl him to 49 and gear him as good as i can to annihilate marauders/juggers on low lvls where it's still possible. Gonna leave wz before the match ends up not to reach 50. That's the plan how to enjoy my class. GJ BW. But i must confess it's FFSRIDICULOUS!!!! A gamer is supposed to like his class and pvp with it. But here we just suk marauders' balls cos it's intended. Hate pvp state in this project. It's truely sux.

neocoma
12.06.2012 , 10:21 AM | #29
Some of you miss the point. Even if you are on the stomper's side you still need someone to stomp. If that someone qont que anymore, who are you gonna stomp then?

What I find funny is the 180 degree turn the game has made ...from "pvp fights take a long time" in beta to "you kill people in seconds" now.

JattaGin
12.06.2012 , 10:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
You're over exaggerating things, the game's fine- I mean, it's not like it's going to go f2p in a year or anything like that.

Nope, no problems here- just a game that's excelling.

And in between all the shameful, stupid comments that are put on this forum every minute, there was a little gem which most people surely missed. Hence I quote it.

On topic. I dislike that most people here are not able to see or understand the opposite point of view of their own. Usually, a look at the chars in their signatures already tells you what to take out of a comment.

I played a commando medic level 50 for a good half a year. Now I play a Juggernaut and a Shadow. I therefore know both sides of the table and I agree that pvp is going under. With the commando, I was happy if I managed to get 4 medals. And I was a damn good medic, otherwise I wouldn't have managed to survive half a year with it. Now, especially with my Juggernaut, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. And I don't need to! I run into the enemies, jump on one and then just use the standard attack until he dies. I always end up in the top 3 of the scoreboard. And I am not even trying.

What does this have to do with this forum? Simple: The ones complaining are the ones who play a difficult class, the ones denying problems are the ones playing a simple class. And then in between we got the people with the small p**** syndrome (also known as hardcore pvp guild members, especially the ones on rp-pve servers) whose favourite letter-number-combination is L2P. But this was already addressed by a previous writer above.

If you realise this, you understand 99% of the PvP discussions on this forum. Only then a proper discussion could thrive. But honestly, that ain't happen soon.

Thank you for reading.