Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Unlock?

Athena-Nike
12.05.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
The recent patch notes say "Completing HK-51's mission chain now automatically unlocks the faction-appropriate HK-51 Legacy perk. " does that mean if you get HK-51 as a level 50 Sith you unlock him for all level 1+ Empire characters, but still have to buy his unlock for all reps? Or just unlocks him for that ONE level 50 character?

I got him last week, but still have to pay 1,000,000 for him on my new BH

Screaming_Ziva
12.05.2012 , 12:54 PM | #2
Unlocking it means you are now allowed to purchase it. You don't get him free on all characters.

Athena-Nike
12.05.2012 , 12:56 PM | #3
Ah thanks, but once I pay it it then unlocks for all that faction right?

Lexlo
12.05.2012 , 12:56 PM | #4
If you only got him as an Imperial: You can't purchase him on Republic. Vice-Versa applies too.

It was a nerf. You could buy him on Republic characters even if you only unlocked him on imperial characters. You cannot do it without unlocking him on the respective faction, now.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

Dawginole
12.05.2012 , 12:57 PM | #5
Says it unlocks the "perk" not the quest line. You gotta be 50 to get into Section X. So I don't think it's saying that you can go get HK on a lvl 1 character.

Each of the companions you get to full affection you gain like 1% endurance or strength or whatever added to your total stats on that specific character. I'm betting that HK just provides one buff across all your legacy or something like that.

Caelrie
12.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #6
Huh, glad I already bought him on my repubbie 50 then.

Mazikeen
12.05.2012 , 01:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Ah thanks, but once I pay it it then unlocks for all that faction right?
No, you pay per character. You can buy it on any character on that legacy once you do the quest, but the only way to get him for 'free' is by doing the quest
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Keypek
12.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
If you only got him as an Imperial: You can't purchase him on Republic. Vice-Versa applies too.

It was a nerf. You could buy him on Republic characters even if you only unlocked him on imperial characters. You cannot do it without unlocking him on the respective faction, now.
What? That's freakin stupid. Already got enough 50s on pub side so was doing the quest to have him to level on imp toons. Bleh, figures they'd do something stupid like that.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

TheSeventhJedi
12.05.2012 , 01:56 PM | #9

Oh man, if you're right (and I'm not saying I don't believe you,) you've just killed my enthusiasm for this character. I am NOT doing all that crap again on an Imp toon.
The Windstalker Legacy
Exandrus Hylaea
Ezindra Flakk

Eillack
12.05.2012 , 01:56 PM | #10

Guess my imps won't have HK for a loooong time then. Such stupidity in these choices BW...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.