Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Immortal vs Vengeance tanking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Immortal vs Vengeance tanking

12.04.2012 , 10:04 PM | #1
Want to start a a Juggernaut tank, but am torn between which spec to go in. I have been reading that Immortal has to low of a threat generation, and should advance in the vengeance tree, using the tank form. I have also heard about a hybrid between the two being best. Is this true? I plan on doing flash points as I level, and then ops during endgame. So, which is the optimal tank build? A link, to exactly what I should be putting my points in would also be nice. Thanks for the help.

12.04.2012 , 10:32 PM | #2
While leveling, if you want to tank, you're better off just using Defense, since that's where a vast majority of your threat and survivability comes from, especially since AoE is way more important while leveling and Defense just does it better.

Once you've gotten to 50 and started doing Ops, switch to the hybrid if you feel like it. It's got slightly better mitigation (~25 hp/sec in absorb shield and ~2% better K/E mitigation (the difference between 4% absorb with 50% shield and 4% K/E DR)) and a good deal better ST threat and damage, but worse AoE threat and damage, not to mention that it's got a *much* tighter attack string and resource management.

This is the standard Defense spec you'll want to use (there is some minor variation as to what to do with the last 3 pts I invested in the Focus tree), and this is the "standard" hybrid spec (there is a lot of variation in how it's done, the important parts are getting Overhead Slash and Commanding Awe in Vigilance and Blade Barrier in the Defense tree, along with all of the major mitigation talents that you get coming up through Defense).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

12.04.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
Alright, thanks for the help.