Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proc Relic hidden crit mechanics and refunds!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Proc Relic hidden crit mechanics and refunds!!!

enoax
12.04.2012 , 07:43 PM | #1
Myself, and many others, have saved up and purchased a dread guard proc relic (dread guard relic of elemental transcendance or dread guard relic of dark radiance). Previous versions of these relics were not considered best in slot and hence have not undergone rigorous testing.

Upon acquisition and testing of the current dread guard relics it has been demonstrated that the relics crit mechanics vary between relics. This information is not in the item description nor was it in any patchnotes. It many cases it is counter-intuitive (ex. Sage who does internal damage will crit more with the elemental proc relic than the internal relic proc). Bascially, purchasing the wrong relic for your class/ac means that you wasted your 300 daily commendations on a relic that does not crit as it should.

In summary of the crit mechanics:

Dark Radiance (internal damage) -> uses tech crit
Kinetic Tempest (kinetic damage) -> uses tech crit
Elemental Transcendance (elemental damage) -> uses force crit
Cerulean Nova (energy damage) -> uses force crit

My sage does internal and kinetic damage... so i bought the Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance (which does internal damage). However, this relic is using a tech crit rate (which i dont have) to calculate it's crit chance. Hence, I only crit 15-20% of the time with it. However, If I would have purchased the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendance I would be critting 35-40% of the time with it.

This 'crit mechanic' was only described recently in the following threads:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562338
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556288

I have submitted a ticket (7048243) for a refund for my relic so I may purchase the correct one for my class and have been denied because too much time has elapsed. Others have had the same result. One person has posted that they received a refund for their relic for the same reasons i posted. Time is irrelevant. This is a hidden mechanic that was not obvious within the first 2 hours of using this relic. In fact it took ~ 2 weeks of discussion and data crunching in the forums to figure out this hidden crit mechanic.

I must insist that I receive a relic refund for my 300 coms or an exchange of my useless DG relic of dark radiance for the DG relic of elemental transcendance.

Thanks
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

LoL-K-Noob
12.05.2012 , 12:25 AM | #2
/signed.

I wonder if this is a bug or intended.

TheTitan_KoS
12.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #3
The relic description actually says that it should crit 30% of the time on any dmging skill you use. It should not depend on any of your stats it should not crit more than 30% or less than 30% regardless of your class, force or tech crit chance.

So this smells more like a bug than a hidden mechanic but if its intended they should realy change the item description because many ppl will have the wrong relic.

/signed for it to be investigated asap because i'm using the wrong one also if thats true

FlatOut_nlF
12.05.2012 , 06:47 AM | #4
Same for me, though that i was right about bought internal relic for 1.6mln, then CS refused to change my relic to elemental or refund my credtis and i bought for my own more 300 daily commandations elemental relic... Please refund my creditsya for that bug.
/signed

nbayer
12.05.2012 , 10:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTitan_KoS View Post
The relic description actually says that it should crit 30% of the time on any dmging skill you use. It should not depend on any of your stats it should not crit more than 30% or less than 30% regardless of your class, force or tech crit chance.

So this smells more like a bug than a hidden mechanic but if its intended they should realy change the item description because many ppl will have the wrong relic.

/signed for it to be investigated asap because i'm using the wrong one also if thats true
The description is referring to the proc rate, the crit is rolled on only after it procs.

Kelha
12.05.2012 , 10:41 AM | #6
/signed.

Enoax, I know we were both watching those forums- I submitted a bug report which was closed, and have now submitted a report under item/loot which is open and waiting resolution. I do not want to wait out the time and effort to get another 300 comms because of a hidden mechanic.

Slugamaniac
12.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #7
/signed as well.

I have submitted a ticket to support as well for a refund on my relic (ticket # 7154132 I believe). I bought it a week or two ago so I'm not holding my breath. CS has been less than stellar in this regard.

Edit: I have also posted in this thread Inconsistent Dread Guard Proc Relics Damage Type . CS, please review this bug.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

oaceen
12.05.2012 , 05:53 PM | #8
rather than receiving a refund, i would just like relics to follow the highest crit chance of a character

for instance, smugglers have a higher ranged critical chance, and vanguards have skills that add to elemental crit chance/damage.
and stupid me found someone crafting the elemental proc relic, which i got for my commando when he decides to go into assault.
so simply offering a refund won't resolve the underlying issue imo

dscount
12.06.2012 , 08:43 AM | #9
You have to be kidding me? Why would they change this up?

BIOWARE - Can you ADDRESS this please. Maybe clean up the Infotip or correctly CRIT following the character class. (Internal being SORC/SAGE for example).

I've logged an in game ticket as well now and expect to get the AUTO Reject from CS. Looks like forums are going to be busy until this is resolved.
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

TheTitan_KoS
12.06.2012 , 10:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
The description is referring to the proc rate, the crit is rolled on only after it procs.
Ohh my bad should have guessed that but for some reason i thought he was talking about the proc chance.
So yeah they need to put that text on the relics ( tech dmg, force dmg) and find a way to refund us/swap the relics we have.