Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Breaking Point

konstadinosblue
12.22.2012 , 02:15 PM | #21
When will you put Chapter 7?
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 04:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by konstadinosblue View Post
When will you put Chapter 7?
Just about to start it actually.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
12.22.2012 , 05:37 PM | #23
Chapter 7

The Master was not concerned with total conquest of Thyferra. All that mattered was destroying the main Bacta processing center, without which the planet's bacta production would drop significantly. Interestingly, the Vratix had no anti-air defenses to prevent The Master's vast army from landing. In total, The Master had landed over one million battle droids and three hundred thousand heavy assault tanks. These tanks, with their heavy rail guns, would be crucial in destroying the main processing center. But this was merely a fraction of his army. The Master felt that his full armada was unneccessary to gain victory here.

The Master and The Soldier landed their forces over three thousand meters away from their target. As his forces marched towards the processing center, black storm clouds formed above. The Master mused that this was a sign of his coming victory. The Soldier marched on the front lines while The Master stood atop one of his tanks. The tanks hovered one meter off the ground, using their repulsorlift generators.

After crossing over two thousand meters, The Master felt anticipation from the processing center. It would seem the Galactic Alliance had stationed a small army to defend Thyferra. He then heard the whine of blaster fire as a volley impacted the neat formation of his droid army. Five hundred droids staggered backwards, but quickly recovered. The Master heard another whine and quickly used The Force to stop the blaster bolts in mid-air.

The plasma rounds hovered in front of his army, waiting to be let go. The Master then turned the bolts back on the soldiers that fired them. The rounds flew back at the bubble-like structure, but only a few of them it their targets.

The Master jumped off of the tank, landing in front of the line of tanks that followed his droid army. "My turn. Fire the rail guns."

The tanks aimed their massive cannons at the factory and fired. The projectiles that were fired from the tanks traveled faster than the eye could see, impacting the factory with a thunderous blast. And yet, the factory still stood. Surprised, The Master jumped back onto his tank and began exercising his power. The strom clouds above reacted to his power and sent a bolt of lightning to his waiting hand. The Master absorbed the lightning bolt into his body, the surge of energy inside his made the hairs on his arms stand up. The Master raised his left hand towards the factory and unleashed the lightning's energy at it. The bolt of lightning struck the base of the factory with a thunderous roar. The Master enhanced the already considerable power of the bolt of lightning with his own power to destroy the factory. At first the factory stood strong, but only a minute later the factory imploded. Fire and debris fell from the sky. The Master could feel no survivors.

The Master felt proud of himself. He had not truly exercised his power since the battlefields of Ruusan. "This victory marks the beginning of the end for the Galactic Alliance."

After his victory at Thyferra, The Master called the full might of his fleet back to Koros Major. Within the Iron Citadel The Watchers waited.

The Brain received news of mass riots across the galaxy. "It seems your victory has caused severe damage to the morale of the people, Master." The Brain had augmented himself with cybernetics. The Master did not see the need for such things, but The Brain promised that the cybernetics would only benefit him. A nasty side-effect of the number of cybernetic implants he placed on his face was his hair falling out. "Riots are spreading across the galaxy."

The Master laughed to himself. "These people rely on their technology and special treatment to survive." He laughed again, but quickly regained his composure. "Assassin. Shadow. Go to Coruscant and destroy the planet's main power plant."

The two Twi'leks rose from their iron chairs and vanished. The Twi'leks would serve as his secret weapons, far more devastating than his massive armada. The Master only needed to wait for the news of their success.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
12.26.2012 , 07:38 PM | #24
Chapter 8

Aboard the Judgment's Lance's bridge, The Master stared at his reflection in the main viewport. The reflection that stared back at him was... sad. But why? The Master had no reason to be sad. While The Master waited for the return of his faithful students from their trek to Coruscant, The Master reflected on this conundrum.

Why was he sad? Was it because of what he was doing? Was attacking the Galactic Alliance wrong? The Master quickly banished such thoughts from his mind. But he still couldn't find the reason for his sadness. His failure to sort his emotions caused him to grow angry. He had to get these emotions under control before continuing his invasion.

Several days later The Master's faithful students returned from Coruscant. The Master was hopeful that his plan proceeded according to his designs.

The two Twi'leks stood at the center of the bridge. A large overhead light illuminated the shadowy twins. The Shadow stepped forward, his lekku falling across his chest. "Master, we have good news."

The Assassin moved to stand by his brother's side. "Yes. Your plan goes well. The great city planet is now dark and riots intensify."

The Master nodded. "Good. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen. Return to your flagships at once."

The twins nodded and departed, vanishing as they exited the bridge.

The Master had one last step in his plan before he unleashed his students on the galaxy. The Master planned on a massive offensive on the Bothan Flotilla, but to do this required careful planning. The final step in the first phase of his plan was to break the will of an icon of the Bothan people: Admiral Nek Bwua'tu of the Galactic Alliance. The Master had arranged for the admiral to be dispatched on a patrol on the borders of Imperial space. It was a trivial matter. He simply planted rumors of a possible Imperial invasion and the Bothan leapt into action. All The Master had to do was spring the trap.

The Judgment's Lance waited for the Bothan Admiral on the edge of Imperial space. In no time at all, Bwua'tu's fleet arrived. Curiously, the fleet was headed by an Executor-class Star Destroyer. In total, the fleet was comprised of several Bothan Assault Cruisers, three Imperial-class Star Destroyers, and five Mon Calamarian capital ships. Clearly, The Master was outnumbered. But numbers mattered not. What did matter was the fear The Master would incite in the Alliance.

The Master pressed a small blue button on his hoverchair to hail the Bothan Commander. As expected, the Admiral answered his hail.

"This is Admiral Bwua'tu of the GAS Liberty. You are interfering with a Galactic Alliance patrol. I assume you are Imperial?" The Bothan assumed much it seemed.

The Master leaned closer to the image. "Surely you recognize me, Admiral? But it matters not. I am not Imperial. I am here to talk to you."

The Admiral straightened. "Yes, I recognize you. You've made a grave mistake showing your face. But if you are here to talk, then talk. It will do you no good."

The Master began to project his energies over the Galactic Alliance fleet, his will and presence in the Force would drain the morale of the crew members of the Alliance fleet, and turn Bwua'tu's mind into The Master's plaything. "Indeed? Very well. As you know, my forces have made several strikes against the Galactic Alliance. You should also know that I have not even begun my assault. But when I do, the galaxy will be changed. Entire worlds will tremble in fear at the sight of my ships. My armies will span the galaxy, destroying Galactic Alliance supporters. My fleet will utterly crush your 'Defense Fleet.'"

The Master could feel Bwua'tu tremble, but the Admiral kept his composure. Curious. "And when I am done, you will be witness to my rise. You will watch as I take my place as the undisputed ruler of the galaxy. And then you will die."

Bwua'tu began to lose his composure. "You won't win. I will stop you here and now!" The Bothan displayed incredible bravado in the face of certain death.

The Master was only amused by Bwua'tu's bravado. "Will you? I doubt that. I see your mind, Admiral. You are afraid. Your mind bends to my will. Even now your mind begins to fall apart. Hysteria is setting in. I can feel your mind shattering. Are you frightened, Admiral?"

Nek Bwua'tu tugged at the collar of his white uniform. "N-No. Never."

The Master laughed. "I doubt that highly. Tell me Admiral, do Bothans sweat?" The Master laughed again before he cut the transmission. "Now, fire at will. Don't bother with the Bothan's ship, concentrate on the others."

The Master's ship began firing, launching volleys of missles and torpedos at the smaller capital ships and unleashing a continuous volley of Turbolaser fire. The Master focused his energy on projecting a Force barrier to protect his ship and unleash his will on the pilots and crew of the Alliance fleet. The Master's Battle Meditation and overpowering will dominated the minds of his enemy. Pilots cracked under the pressure and the accuracy of the enemy's weapons fire was horrible. The pilots that were not destroyed by his fighters and laser defense cannons crashed against his Force Barrier in a pathetic attempt to suicide attack his ship.

The effects of The Master's Battle Meditation brought a swift end to the battle. As the last Star Destroyer imploded, The Judgment's Lance launched into hyperspace, leaving the Liberty to nurse its wounds.

The final step in the first phase of The Master's plan was complete. He would now turn his attention to a much larger scheme, a scheme that will bring the Alliance to its knees.

Aurbere
12.27.2012 , 07:41 PM | #25
It has been one week since The Master broke Nek Bwua'tu. Coruscant is ravaged by planet-wide riots, and the Galactic Alliance Defense Fleet scrambles for the inevitable conflict. But The Master has far grander plans, and the war is just another one of his many tools to change the galaxy.

Chapter 9

The Master sat in his hoverchair aboard The Judgment's Lance preparing for his inevitable victory. The next phase in his plan would be far more devastating than the first phase. The Alliance would believe that he sought conquest, but it was far greater than that. Conquest was meaningless to The Master. His plan was to weaken the Galactic Alliance, and test their strength.

The second phase to his plan would take place in the Outer Rim. His students would take their ships to the Outer Rim and create chaos. Alliance fleets would race to the defense of these worlds, but this was The Master's true goal. The most critical part of his plan was to destroy the Bothan Spy Network. Once The Watchers lured out the Alliance fleets, The Master would invade Bothawui. With Bwua'tu's mind broken, the Bothan Flotilla would prove to be no issue.

The only matter that needed to be addressed was where to send The Watchers. The Master would target the farm worlds of the Outer Rim, as well as several 'factory worlds' and commerce worlds. The Historian would be sent to Dantooine. The Shadow and The Assassin would strike The Maw Installation. The Lore-master would see to the destruction of Bonadan's centers of commerce. The Beastmaster would take her armies of beasts to Onderon. The Guardian and The Soldier would strike Rothana down. The Master would bring The Brain with him to Bothawui. There is critical information that The Brain can use for The Master's purposes.

The board was set, and it was The Master's move.

Luke Skywalker walked the grand halls of the Jedi Temple, headed for the Jedi Council Chambers. The Order had to take action. The expansive and grand rooms of the Jedi Temple were still damaged from Abeloth's rampage, it would take time for Coruscant to recover. But recovery was impossible because of this new enemy.

As Luke continued down the halls of the Temple, he overhead the conversations of the young Jedi Knights that occupied the Temple halls.

"I heard another Alliance battle fleet was destroyed."
"Rumor has it Admiral Bwua'tu had a mental breakdown."
"I saw holos of the devastation on Thyferra: not good."

This new enemy struck with intelligence rivalled by only a few devious minds. He knew exactly where to strike, what to do. It was very Thrawn-like. It was up to Luke Skywalker and the Jedi to stop this man before he could do anymore damage.

As Luke approached the Jedi Council Chambers, he was approached by Kyle Katarn. The veteran Jedi Master put a hand on Luke's right shoulder. "I have bad news."

With the Alliance fleets distracted, The Master and The Brain's ships arrived at Bothawui. Unlike the other Watchers, The Brain's ship was a larger version of the Interdictor-class vessels used in the Jedi Civil War. He had dubbed it The Master's Will. Curious name, but The Brain understood The Master's plans far more than the other Watchers and knew that the Watchers were The Master's tools, bound to his will. The Will was only slightly smaller than The Lance, but had greater firepower.

The two mighty vessels faced the entire Bothan Flotilla of nearly fifty heavy cruisers. The Bothan Flotilla unleashed a volley of turbolaser fire, thus beginning the Battle of Bothawui.

konstadinosblue
12.28.2012 , 02:16 PM | #26
man just keep going_ g::rak _grin:

Aurbere
12.28.2012 , 02:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by konstadinosblue View Post
man just keep going_ g::rak _grin:
I know, I know! I've got ideas for the next chapter, but I'm still working on some more.

Writer's block is trolling me.

Aurbere
12.28.2012 , 09:12 PM | #28
Chapter 10

The Brain had contemplated The Master's plan over several weeks, but even his intelligent mind could not pierce the shroud of mystery that surrounded The Master. The plan was incredibly vast and complex. The Brain doubted that even the Jedi could forsee what The Master would bring down upon them. The Master was cold and calculating, each move was incredibly precise, as was its intended effect. While the plan itself was a mystery to The Brain, he knew that the endgame was for The Master to take the seat of power and bring order to the galaxy.

The outcome was inevitable, as was his victory at Bothawui. The Brain watched as The Master's Battle Meditation and presence in The Force brought the Bothan Flotilla to its knees. Pilots abandoned hope and attempted suicide attacks on the powerful Super Star Destroyers, but would only impact The Master's powerful Force Barrier. The crew members of the Bothan Fleet were even more pathetic. The turbolaser fire that the Bothan Fleet unleashed would miss by a large margin or impact the Force Barrier.

The Brain laughed to himself at the effect The Master had on these fools. It was like childs play. Victory was inevitable as he watched more Bothan ships burst into flames, the debris caught in Bothawui's gravitational field and sent hutling towards the planet's surface.

As the final ship exploded, another group of battleships emerged from hyperspace. An Alliance counter-attack, just as The Master expected. The two Super Star Destroyers fired upon the enemy fleet before they could route power to their shields. Within minutes the enemy ships were decimated and quickly destroyed.

Once again, The Master was victorious. It was almost too easy. The Galactic Alliance had never faced anyone with the power that The Master had, their defeat was imminent. The Brain believed that The Master was now only prolonging their suffering to show them their failure. He would make them run in circles as he slowly nailed the coffin shut.

konstadinosblue
12.30.2012 , 06:57 AM | #30
a bit short but still not bad at all.I'd like to see a more challenging battle for the Master,lose a few ships ,so it be more
exciting and not very predictable.