Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Promoting World PvP (and how we're doing it wrong)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Promoting World PvP (and how we're doing it wrong)

Hairyzac
01.04.2013 , 10:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by -Mythix- View Post
PS, this was posted today by Executive Producer Jeff Hickman, responding to someone on Open World PvP.

Source

"Topic #2: World PvP What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but its quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvPwell, thats a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP."
Yes I read this earlier. They told us that in January we would see open world PvP. I guess they left off the part about it not being until 2014. *********** losers.

Slinnak
01.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #22
A lot of people have different views about open world pvp. For me personally it's more about fun but if there's no incentives a lot of people will over time stop showing up. Ilum worked for a while but then it died and Bioware took all the pvp quests away so it's no surprise that it died.

Suggestions:

Add a region (or new planet) in game for the sole purpose of pvp. Add unique vendors that sell cool items like pets, gear, speeders, buffs and maybe make it a region where you get extra valor for each player kill. Add things that factions can interact with such as base capturing and artillary guns and stuff and when players capture bases they get wz comms and buffs. And also add daily quests that reward players with credits and wz or ranked wz comms. Or maybe add a new comm that can only be acquired from the region and used to buy unique items. If the region is just as beneficial if not more then wzs players will be more inclined to go there and come on let's be honest...IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Example: remember the rakghoul plague outbreak on Tatooine? There was open world pvp there all the time because players of the oppoisite faction were constantly there and running into each other and battling for things (such as the jawa vendor). Those were good times.