Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game NodeSpecCache error

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daystarr
12.04.2012 , 05:27 PM | #1
Evening!

So I was having some problems downloading the patch today - followed some steps here, I however must have done something wrong and the launcher wanted to download 11gb.

After a frustrating time trying to resolve the issue, that resulted in the launcher advising 11gb was being downloaded but no progress being made, I decided to just delete the game folder and start from a fresh install...

I redownloaded the game, installed it no problems, and then THIS error began to pop up. I have followed the steps provided here but to no avail.

Wtb help plx, this is really annoying

Ty!
Coral -
- Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
- Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang

Daystarr
12.05.2012 , 03:51 AM | #2
Bump, help please!
Coral -

Daystarr
12.05.2012 , 10:48 AM | #3
Still no BW response? Not even an acknowledgement? Come on, I know you guys must be inundated with loads of issues but even a simple "I'm sorry to see you're having this problem, please bare with us while we look into it" would be freaking fantastic.
Coral -

Daystarr
12.05.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
Well BW I got tired of trying to resolve the issue myself and I have been contemplating a fresh OS reinstall the last few weeks so I've reinstalled my Windows 7 and I am downloading the game again... hoping this works, but if not then I may unsubscribe until I can get it working or an employee of yours helps :<
Coral -

Daystarr
12.05.2012 , 07:26 PM | #5
Ok the game seems to be working now... the fresh install of Windows did the trick - may of had a registry issue or something. Don't respond to this thread. I just hope the patch tomorrow causes no issues
Coral -

Beruthien
12.05.2012 , 07:32 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Daystarr,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

This error can generally be resolved by running the repair function on the launcher. As this step was one of the steps recommended in the thread you linked could you please try downloading the latest launcher setup file (www.swtor.com/download) and running it over the current installation. After this please do a Clean Boot, then log in on the launcher and run teh repair option again.

If this does not resolve the issue please come back to us with your DxDiag.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Daystarr
12.06.2012 , 03:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Daystarr,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

This error can generally be resolved by running the repair function on the launcher. As this step was one of the steps recommended in the thread you linked could you please try downloading the latest launcher setup file (www.swtor.com/download) and running it over the current installation. After this please do a Clean Boot, then log in on the launcher and run teh repair option again.

If this does not resolve the issue please come back to us with your DxDiag.

Thank you!
Hey buddy,

In the final link of my original post I sifted through a lot of information provided by a technically minded poster on the forums and followed the exact steps you have provided that he advised, but it did not work.

As I mentioned above I've managed to resolve the issue by reinstalling my operating system so we are all good, thanks for getting back to me anyhow.
Coral -