Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Low lvl pvp become worse by lvl 10 +41 exp crystals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Low lvl pvp become worse by lvl 10 +41 exp crystals

Plasamxd's Avatar


Plasamxd
12.04.2012 , 03:52 PM | #1
I dont know how they could think this was a good idea but these lvl 10 +41 exp crystals havent improved low lvl pvp, anybody without them now is like somebody on lvl 50 without any pvp gear or lets say at the least recruit gear while those with them are those in BM/WH gear.
Low lvl pvp was once a nice balanced placed where gear only had a limitted if any impact on ones performance, lvl (number of abilitys) and skill was the thing that mattered most, but sadly that has been partly ruined by this.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #2
41 expertise gives ~1.25% PvP bonus. 82 expertise (MH + OH) would give ~2.5% PvP bonus

would you like some cheese with that whine?


and LOL that anyone thinks that the lowbie bracket requires *more skill*. yeah, that level 30, with the majority of the abilities and more points invested into their AC, has a tough time killing a level 15 who has only like 7 abilities? be real....

Mancer's Avatar


Mancer
12.04.2012 , 03:55 PM | #3
I hear what you are saying but folks have been twinking =(gear always mattered) their toons since forever.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
12.04.2012 , 03:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
41 expertise gives ~1.25% PvP bonus. 82 expertise (MH + OH) would give ~2.5% PvP bonus

would you like some cheese with that whine?
Game breaking...

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 04:03 PM | #5
Actually to be precise:

41 expertise gives a damage boost of 1.07% a dam red boost of 1.06% and a healing boost of .57%

It does add up, especially if you stack 2 crystals and use the exp enhancements. But you have the choice of getting the crystals yourself, and/or using the mods from the PvP weapons starting at level 34 I think?

I have a total exp bonus that boosts my damage increase to 4.16%, dam reduction to 3.99 % and healing boost to 2.24% and I could actually tweak that quite a bit more by using the higher level pvp enhancements (level 46)

However this is totally achievable by anyone.......
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Safgril's Avatar


Safgril
12.04.2012 , 04:19 PM | #6
gotta love it when somebody always opposes the thread being made. They make it seem this game is just perfect.

How many servers are we down to again?

oh yeah this game is just fine. /sarcasm off
OIJ - Operation Infinite Justice (est. since SWG)

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

Piam's Avatar


Piam
12.04.2012 , 04:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Safgril View Post
gotta love it when somebody always opposes the thread being made. They make it seem this game is just perfect.

How many servers are we down to again?

oh yeah this game is just fine. /sarcasm off
Is that your response to every argument?

"The game is losing subs (like every post-WoW MMO) so you're wrong! and I'm right!"

What exactly was wrong with the people who provided the math to show 41 expertise crystals didn't make a huge difference?

DarthOvertone's Avatar


DarthOvertone
12.04.2012 , 04:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Plasamxd View Post
Low lvl pvp was once a nice balanced placed where gear only had a limitted if any impact on ones performance, lvl (number of abilitys) and skill was the thing that mattered most, but sadly that has been partly ruined by this.
Lowbie WZ PvP has always been the most unbalanced segment of PvP in this game. It has also always been the worst form of PvP in this game due to its inherent nature of being an unbalanced mess. Sure, it's fun as an alternative to planetary questing, but it certainly has never been nicely balanced in any way, shape or form.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
12.04.2012 , 04:29 PM | #9
in lowbie the people with purple gear are always winning.

qq.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 04:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Lowbie WZ PvP has always been the most unbalanced segment of PvP in this game. It has also always been the worst form of PvP in this game due to its inherent nature of being an unbalanced mess. Sure, it's fun as an alternative to planetary questing, but it certainly has never been nicely balanced in any way, shape or form.
Funny -- I love lowbie pvp. Guess it's all a matter of opinion. I don't have any real issues with balance - can compete fine with toons many many levels above me. ::shrug::
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......