Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amodin
12.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #331
It's funny that the only feedback they now listen to is the free-to-play players. Never mind the 700+ post about why people unsubscribed.

Way to go Bioware, way to go. Truly the upstanding individual Mr. Hickman sure is. </sarcasm>

Bugattiboy
12.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #332
Hey guys. This thread go unstickied.

symke
12.20.2012 , 02:42 AM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Hey guys. This thread go unstickied.
Of course. they are trying to bury it among other old threads. Damage control when they are trying to sell as many pre-orders for Makeb as possible.

Devlonir
12.20.2012 , 03:07 AM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post
It's funny that the only feedback they now listen to is the free-to-play players. Never mind the 700+ post about why people unsubscribed.

Way to go Bioware, way to go. Truly the upstanding individual Mr. Hickman sure is. </sarcasm>
700+ posts made by, at most, 70 people.
Statistics their forum moderators are much more clear on seeing.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

HammersteinSW
12.20.2012 , 03:13 AM | #335
For my part I'm holding back on buying Makeb til launch day, who knows if the game even survives 2013.

Nemmar
12.20.2012 , 03:16 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by HammersteinSW View Post
For my part I'm holding back on buying Makeb til launch day, who knows if the game even survives 2013.
From a revenue point of view, its more likely to survive than GW2.

Since its EA were talking about, everything is possible, but i wouldnt bet on it.

Ithaniel
12.26.2012 , 03:31 AM | #337
I dont get it, why the hell I should pay for ability to grind to 55 lvl in the same game, if I ALREADY paying them as a subscriber!? What next, they going to sell each update??? Why be a subscriber in a first place then?

P.S.: This reminds me of the PW-like MMO's, where you get all the edge and no sweet if you have money. And it seams Bioware leads the game in the same direction. Way to go... >.>
"I will deliver you bad luck"

BaronV
12.26.2012 , 05:10 AM | #338
Im bumping this thread to help prevent it from being buried.

I dont plan on buying the Makeb update. I mean I already paid $60+ shipping for this game and they gave it all away for free. But now I still have to pay 5.99 for this one planet and 5 extra levels even though i have been subbed non stop since launch?! F U EA!!!

Im pretty pissed about the direction this game has been going with all the cash grabbing and getting fairly close to P2Win...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

turjake
12.26.2012 , 05:21 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post

Since free to players cannot post in the forums I am not sure how exactly they are being listened. Oh, or create tickets...

Ceyvel
12.26.2012 , 06:57 AM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
From a revenue point of view, its more likely to survive than GW2.
And this statement is based on?..

P.S. I find Free-to-Play restrictions quite alright. The game is almost absurdly expensive, so it makes sense that they encourage subscribing any possible way. I just wish that would translate in better game development compared to what we had during summer.