Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant install a new patch

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zawisha
12.04.2012 , 03:22 PM | #1
Hello

I cant install a new patch. Always stops on some % (18%, 19%, 43%, 73% whatever) on Game Client 76 http://postimage.org/image/lyygprron/ . First time i have this problem. I tried many option to solve it but i cant. Reboot comp, download client from swtor.com.

My comp:
i7 860
8 gb ram
GF670
1TB hdd
Win8 64b

Ratae
12.04.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi zawisha,

Please navigate to the game directory and look for the retailclient_swtor.version file.

Then delete this and attempt to patch again.

Please let us know how this goes.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ValonHeler
12.04.2012 , 03:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hi zawisha,

Please navigate to the game directory and look for the retailclient_swtor.version file.

You have said this multiple times in multiple threads, and in almost all of them, there are many that still have the issue.

What other ideas do you have for those of us that this ISN'T WORKING FOR?
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger blaster

zawisha
12.04.2012 , 04:00 PM | #4
Thx for help, Working. but after deleted stoped again but on Game Client 77, but exit launcher and run again helped

SciFiDude
12.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #5
Hi zawisha,

I rebuilt my computer last Wednesday. New motherboard, processor and RAM. I then reinstalled Windows and reinstalled this game from my DVD, only to wait 3-4 hours for a 2.45 GB patch to download and it wouldn't install. After looking at the forums, I found out this was a widespread problem and decided to wait until the next patch. Again today, I waited 3-4 hours for 2.45 GB to download and, again today, it's stuck at 0%. Whatever you people have done, you have broken the patch system. Stop telling us to delete and try again, especially for those of us who have reinstalled the game from the DVD and have to download every patch from the beginning of time, and fix this.

Putting it another way: I have an active subscription and I can't play this game. I refuse to pay for a game I can't even play because you people screwed it up royally. I have 12 days left on my subscription before it renews automatically. That gives you 11 days to fix this problem. If it's not fixed by then, I will stop the automatic renewal, uninstall the game and never play it again. So, if you don't want to lose a paying customer, fix this problem!

Marstil
12.04.2012 , 04:54 PM | #6
I have had this happen every week since 1.4. I would have to ctrl - alt - del and close the launcher 1-3 times before the patch would finish installing. This time that isn't working so I tried deleting retailclient_swtor.version when stuck on 76 at 99% and was able to advance to 77 at 81%. deleting retailclient_swtor.version again has no effect. So, now what do I do?

So even though the launcher is excluded from my antivirus, i disabled protection anyway and was able to complete the patching process.

These arenít the droids youíre looking for.

crystaldreams
12.04.2012 , 05:01 PM | #7
Hi zawisha,

This actually helped I was having this issue all day and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Did this and it stopped at game client 77 (81%) and I had to close out and relaunch and all was good. I can now play after spending all day trying to figure out was was bloody wrong and why the patch would not install. So thanks for the help.

kingrohbar
01.19.2013 , 06:39 AM | #8
Hi zawisha,

I have the same problem and I did what you have suggested and it didn't work. I've been trying to play for the last three days and I cant because the patch installation gets stuck at 47%. I have an active subscription and I shall cancel that and uninstall the game if this continues

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 06:44 AM | #9
Can you post up your latest launcher log ? it is located in a log directory of your game folder.

Edit - When your launcher is not running if there is a folder called Patch delete it , run fixlauncher.exe and see if it works.

kingrohbar
01.19.2013 , 07:10 AM | #10
I think this is it: launcher_20130119