Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[XXX] Answers Questions Regarding Statistics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[XXX] Answers Questions Regarding Statistics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

POPsi
12.05.2012 , 04:24 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
IceHawk - thank you for posting your feedback in such a constructive way. I don't have answers to all of your concerns right now, but I want you to know the community team is always working to escalate concerns and issues to the developers and get responses when we can (when we're sure of a course of action, have feedback requests, or have any updates to an issue). I mostly wanted to call out your post as a really model post for constructive feedback. We'll definitely continue working to bring more answers to questions and concerns.

Also - thanks for the suggestions on a State of the Game or Q&A dedicated to PvP. I can't promise anything, but will bring up the feedback!
Seriously? I don't want to be utterly negative here, but pvp is one of the most ignored part of the game for the moment... how many times did we get the usual "we are looking into it" stuff, and yet nothing happens. How can you allow these things to go on for MONTHS? I actually don't mind if a class is a bit OP, I can deal with it (lolsmash maras), it happens. But what pisses me off is that mercenary class in basically non-existent in pvp, as well as dps operatives. And these are not beind addressed. How come? They are clearly broken, no doubt about it. And nothing is done about it. I don't even want to mention the also non-existent world pvp. Yeah, it's easier to just scrap it and never talk about it again... but is it something the players like... hell no. Ofc there comes the other problem with the engine capabilities, which is another topic.

So, to sum up, yo had plenty of feedback on these matters from the pvp community, and you say you appreciate it. Well, I don't think so. If you did, you would have done something about these issues by now. These are not problems introduced in the latest patch, they are around for quite a while. So what are you waiting for exactly?

dscount
12.05.2012 , 04:30 PM | #92
Allison- Thank you for your response.

I Agree with several of my counterparts in this thread. When I first played my SORC in PVP I initially couldn't stand PVP for that reason. After several weeks of FACE rolls and getting the L2P out during my PVP education I found the following:

Bubble = Bad idea / Temp Fix to a lack of higher DPS for SORC/SAGE.
- DO NOT remove unless you plan on killing off SORC/SAGE's in all PVP or replace with serious DPS BUFF.
- While this does "Help" it's a bad solution long term (But the ONLY Utility a DPS SORC/SAGE Brings)
- Squishy class should be putting out the MOST if not EQUAL to our button smashing Warriors due to armor
Couple Classes lack TRUE DPS in PVP & PVE (You know SORC/SAGE is on the list)
- Seriously need to BUFF SORC's anyways (Same issue in PVE & PVP DPS Range)
- Can't speak to other classes, but I felt that having my face melted by a dual wielding button masher while stunned the whole time was not very fun to play.
- When in range I should be able to do just as much damage. (Then getting melted would seem okay since it got them off the CAP)
Overgeared "Pre-Made" groups slaughter PUG's = No FUN.
- EWH geared shouldn't be matched with anyone below 900 Expertise
- Live stream mentioned a solution in the works
You want to have FUN? Play a dual wielder or Stealth.
- Great advantages of both classes, but should have equal skills on all classes
- The FoTM just got a nerf, but rDPS classes should get a BUFF instead or NERF again.

My Thoughts (Basic / simple):
Healers = Very Squishy with high survival / heavy shield
mDPS = Spikey with good DPS
rDPS = Squishy with great DPS
Tank = Very Spikey with ok DPS

I now like to play PVP after learning the ropes and gear, but I'll take my Maurader instead due to the sheer difference in the BALANCE of the game and run within a PVP Pre-Made group. (Yes, I feel it's kinda silly that in order to have FUN I must use the same in-balance issues everyone has mentioned)
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Aaoogaa
12.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #93
All this has to be taken with a grain of salt. There hasn't been any real and meaningful new development since 1.2 bombed and destroyed this game. Everything that came out after 1.2 was already in development. So anything that would be considered new was thrown down the well while EA fired half the dev team and reconsolidated to put the other half developing the free to play option to salvage what little they could from the long list of really poor choices that were made from beta on. No patch has had any real and meaningful testing done as evident by the game breaking bugs that have forced them to shut down the servers almost every patch including the ftp launch. PTR is a joke atm, the latest patch is nothing more than a bone thrown in for content that was interrupted due to the ftp development. The team will get time off for the holidays and then either the axe will start falling again or with a sigh of releif the devs can get to work actually making this game better. Don't expect any class balance ideas to go through until February or March, which for me will be way, way to late.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Wainamoinen
12.05.2012 , 06:45 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Thank you for replying. However, the problem here is that we do not believe you..
Please don't appoint yourself spokesman for the community. Less of the "we".
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

TyrellJonez
12.05.2012 , 06:47 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Please don't appoint yourself spokesman for the community. Less of the "we".
Agreed.
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

iSoldat
12.05.2012 , 06:48 PM | #96
By the comments made by Jonothan I suppose they don't see statistics that include k/d ratios like this...

I'd personally like to see their calculations. I just don't see their "statistics" matching what actually goes on with the WZ matchup issues. Where are the K/D ratios for live WZs?

Wainamoinen
12.05.2012 , 06:58 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by iSoldat View Post
I'd personally like to see their calculations
Now that would be interesting. I liked the graph of % player base in type of play area over time (though the way it was presented didn't give you concurrent numbers logged in for each area, a more sensitive figure).

I'm in a bit of two minds actually. It would be refreshing for Bioware to be open and release the numbers they collect, at least the ones they don't feel are too sensitive. If done wrong though, this could lead to the sort of mechanical deconstruction that makes the game less fun, and created the cookie-cutter specs every serious raider had to run in WoW. They may prefer to keep the bonnet down on the game.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

OldRepublicRevan
12.05.2012 , 07:08 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
So...i will start with a link to the QA in question- http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...ions-regarding

In particular in want to highlight the following; "We pay very close attention to both engagement and balance in PvP. Some things we examine are player kill to death ratios and average rewards gained for every class to make sure that balance is maintained across the board.

And ; Balance-wise, kill/death ratios are well-balanced, with all Advanced Classes having kill/death ratios very close to each other.

I guess that means that dps sorc/sage and dps merc/trooper is perfectly fine? What about Shieldtech PTs? According to these metrics, "kill/death ratios are well-balanced" across all AC...

For real?! I simply cannot comprehend how this could possibly be true when you have some classes who clearly have great difficulties to perform on a adequate level. Hell, even i am getting interested in rolling something like a shadow these days...
You pretty much summed it up yourself in 8 words. Bioware would never release such statistics randomly w/o spending lots of time watching pvp and reassuring all of us that everything is 'working as intended'. Bioware is a company full of smart and capable sentinels and they obviously know what they are doing. Just look at commandos/mercs.....

OldRepublicRevan
12.05.2012 , 07:16 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Allison- Thank you for your response.

I Agree with several of my counterparts in this thread. When I first played my SORC in PVP I initially couldn't stand PVP for that reason. After several weeks of FACE rolls and getting the L2P out during my PVP education I found the following:

Bubble = Bad idea / Temp Fix to a lack of higher DPS for SORC/SAGE.
- DO NOT remove unless you plan on killing off SORC/SAGE's in all PVP or replace with serious DPS BUFF.
- While this does "Help" it's a bad solution long term (But the ONLY Utility a DPS SORC/SAGE Brings)
- Squishy class should be putting out the MOST if not EQUAL to our button smashing Warriors due to armor
Couple Classes lack TRUE DPS in PVP & PVE (You know SORC/SAGE is on the list)
- Seriously need to BUFF SORC's anyways (Same issue in PVE & PVP DPS Range)
- Can't speak to other classes, but I felt that having my face melted by a dual wielding button masher while stunned the whole time was not very fun to play.
- When in range I should be able to do just as much damage. (Then getting melted would seem okay since it got them off the CAP)
Overgeared "Pre-Made" groups slaughter PUG's = No FUN.
- EWH geared shouldn't be matched with anyone below 900 Expertise
- Live stream mentioned a solution in the works
You want to have FUN? Play a dual wielder or Stealth.
- Great advantages of both classes, but should have equal skills on all classes
- The FoTM just got a nerf, but rDPS classes should get a BUFF instead or NERF again.

My Thoughts (Basic / simple):

I now like to play PVP after learning the ropes and gear, but I'll take my Maurader instead due to the sheer difference in the BALANCE of the game and run within a PVP Pre-Made group. (Yes, I feel it's kinda silly that in order to have FUN I must use the same in-balance issues everyone has mentioned)

I lol'd at that one for real. If by great you mean below mediocre then I totally agree but if not then good sir I must say you are a retarded one indeed.

Stealios
12.05.2012 , 07:20 PM | #100
I've been subscribed since the launch of this game and every time we do get a message it's something along the lines of "we're looking at the metrics & will keep you informed'.

Then after that message, we hear nothing for at least a month, by then usually a patch goes life that either a class gets nerfed way too much (operatives/sorcs) or buffed when not necessary (smash spec). How about we try 1 change at a time instead of multiple nerfs/buffs on top of each other?

Also there is still a class that is not viable for high lvl competitive ranked pvp (mercenaries). Don't look at metrics for them, just look how easy they're shut down by any other class.

And on top of that, when pretty much the entire pvp community asked for less stuns, 'the team' changed the resolve system so that you don't even have to coordinate stuns anymore, effectively creating more CC oportunities.

I do understand that pvp balance is a lot tougher to do than pve balance, but making weird decisions like buffing an aoe spec that already did fine in pvp, that just doesn't make any sense.

To summarize: A lot of very weird decisions & lack of communication (saying you'll monitor something is NOT considered communication) made me lose faith in the alleged pvp department of this game.
I'll probably stay subbed anyway because I enjoy a challenge as combat sentinel, but I can see why people that love their mercernaries or sages, but don't want to play the hybrid spec, might leave this game.