Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dedicated Video RAM

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 03:40 PM | #11
Spoiler

Tried installing driver from disc and internet - failed both times - log above.

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 03:42 PM | #12
PSU has 750 Watts power - so can rule that out.

Roalmo
12.04.2012 , 04:04 PM | #13
Strange...

Have you up-dated all your Win7 updates, including the optionals?

Might update the sound drivers just for giggles, pretty old.

Runnin' out of ideas here....

Roalmo
12.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #14
Ok, one last thing:

Does your video card require a power plug?, couldn't find that in my researching, if so unplug it and reinsert to make sure there is a solid connection.

battycoda
12.04.2012 , 04:11 PM | #15
When you boot up your system, look for the key to hold down to enter your BIOS setting. I would suspect that your BIOS has a section for your onboard hardware like an ethernet, sound, graphics and that you may need to instruct your system to look to the PCI slot first for your new card and turn off the onboard chipset. I remember having issues when I got my first dedicated graphics card because the BIOS was set to use the onboard. See if this fixes it for ya!

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

JustARandomGuy
12.04.2012 , 04:12 PM | #16
Looking at your Dxdiag, I can see that you havn't updated to Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. That might be causing a problem installing the driver, so I'd take that step next.

hope this helps!
‘Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but greater minds rise above them’
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cleosly
12.05.2012 , 01:01 AM | #17
Okay Thank you for all the support I will try it when I have time and let you know the results hopefully positive

Cerimon
12.05.2012 , 04:53 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Cleosly,

I just want to confirm what JustARandomGuy said, you should definitely use Windows Update to install all important updates including the optional updates for C++ Redistributables and .Net Framework.

Hope you get your new card working.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

johnnyreece
12.05.2012 , 02:08 PM | #19
I'll second the power plug...I'm guessing that card, in addition to being plugged into the MB also needs to be plugged in to your power supply. Also, make sure to plug your monitor in to the card, rather than the integrated graphics (sorry if this is elementary; just don't know your tech level).
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Cleosly
12.07.2012 , 12:41 PM | #20
Good/Bad News
Not very good with tech

I managed to download the new drivers (after the downlaoding service pack) and managed to get starwars up and running at 12 at night it all worked fine.

Then the next morning when I tried to start it, but it stopped and made a beeping sound as it has done countlessly before and now the computer won't start up and I'm back to square one . I will try everythihng else but I ll probably just send it to novatech to get fixed (I really really hate Technology now)

PS: Blue Screen Came Up Again

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
........If this is the first time blah blah blah

Check with you hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.

Tech Info:
*** STOP: 0×0000007E (0×FFFFFFFFC0000005,0×FFFFF8000CBC75,0×FFFF×FFFFF8 80009A7B30) May not be completely accurate