Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dedicated Video RAM

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1
Hi ive been having this problem for months I thought I fixed (Temp) but soon failed when I tested It on syst. Requirements it said I didn't have enough
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0
Icon >>>Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 0.0 B <<

My computer shuts itself down and sometimes wont start up which are apparently part of not having enough RAM is this why (also have had Blue screen and error code 7 or something like that) Just to confirm that this is the problem?

PS: I really want to play SWTOR again (and Guild Wars 2 when I get it)

Ratae
12.04.2012 , 02:16 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Cleosly,

Yes – this does sound like the graphics card could be your problem.

If you want to post your Dxdiag here, I can confirm whether your PC does in fact fall short of the minimum requirements.

To get your DXDiag report, please follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.
Thank you.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

battycoda
12.04.2012 , 02:21 PM | #3
Do you have an integrated graphics card? If so, it most likely shares the same RAM your system is using like it is a virtual video ram. If you have 2GB of system ram, Windows is going to use a big chunk of it just to run. Now, you are going to see your card capabilities be whatever the video chipset is you are using, IE Shaders 5.0. When you see large games such as SWTOR, you pretty much need a graphics card installed into your PCI-e or AGP (if they still exist?) slot. This card will have it's own RAM that is dedicated to the graphics system. If you gotta buy one anyway, go for 1024MB of video ram and up. More never hurts but you can already see where less can go.

I hope this helps. You can find suggestions and such in this thread in the forums here on site for more information.

Vindrosa Legacy
Smuggler - 50 | Bounty Hunter - 50
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
What happens if you use the ball toss emote in a Huttball game?

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
I literally just bought a new graphics card (I think it was any ways I hate Technology) called R7770 Black Editions super overclocked???

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 02:46 PM | #5
Spoiler

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 02:48 PM | #6
Quote:
There are many reasons why your PC might slow down, but few have quite such a dramatic effect as running short on available RAM.
If this happens to you then you'll notice the hard drive begin to thrash, as Windows writes blocks of memory to your paging file.
Before long your system's performance could slow to a crawl. And if you're really short on memory then some apps may not be able to cope, crashing or displaying odd error messages, and your system will become virtually unusable.
This is Kind of what is happening to my Computer if this is it what is reliable way to free up RAM

Nythain
12.04.2012 , 02:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleosly View Post
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: AMD ATOMBIOS
DAC type: 8 bit
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_32331682&REV_00
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Not an industry expert, but ummmm... have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? Looks like windows is using it's default vga driver.

Roalmo
12.04.2012 , 02:57 PM | #8
DxDiag shows you have no video card installed and no dedicated ram.

Either you didn't install a driver for your card, or your OS is not recognizing it.

Cleosly
12.04.2012 , 02:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
Not an industry expert, but ummmm... have you installed the proper drivers for your video card? Looks like windows is using it's default vga driver.
Sorry I really no nothing about computers how would I find the Drivers reliable website as this is the first time its loaded without shutting down straight away so I don't want to do anything to provoke it.

Roalmo
12.04.2012 , 03:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleosly View Post
Sorry I really no nothing about computers how would I find the Drivers reliable website as this is the first time its loaded without shutting down straight away so I don't want to do anything to provoke it.
Well, checked out your card, looks to be one of the better low end cards manufactured by XFX.

Needs 80 watts of power, don't know your Power stats, so that could be a problem with low-end power, but shouldn't unless you added some other things in there.(edit, just found where the manufacturer recommended at least a 400watt PSU, so should make sure you have at least that, and probably more would be better).

Did the card in box come with a CD? they usually have a driver installed on them.

Did Windows tell it was searching for a driver and found one, as you booted?

Can download latest drivers from AMD's site for free if no other way found.