Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is space content pvp going to happen?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When is space content pvp going to happen?

UGLYMRJ
12.04.2012 , 02:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Now if only i could find 3 other wingmen to annoy me during missions...
I LOL'd....

That brought back some memories.

RaithHarth
12.04.2012 , 02:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Hey. They had space PvP in SWG and a very tiny percent of the population played it. If they do make one here; I hope it is better. Otherwise it will just be a waste of time.
Actually a very large of the population played it, you got it backwards
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

MiaRB
12.04.2012 , 02:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
No...just no...space pvp is the worst idea ever...

Wont make sense
Will make real pvprs rage quit if it has rewards
lol. "real pvpers". get over yourself. when they add a full space system, PVP will be a part of it. if you dont like it, then stick with ground PVP. why wouldnt it have rewards? will have dif gear and some kind of progression, so clearly it will have rewards to get that gear. would probably not be the same comms as ground pvp anyway. but even if it was, who cares. you saying "real pvpers" will quit if they have to face people in equal gear? i guess you're quitting after 1.6 then?
can't wait for this game to come out!

RaithHarth
12.04.2012 , 02:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I don't see the problem... I'm enjoying the space combat.

The Starfox engine is awesome.
the space content they have now is good for single player pve, but it's only used primarily as a mini game! Space content needs something more than that.

RaithHarth
12.04.2012 , 02:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
No...just no...space pvp is the worst idea ever...

Wont make sense
Will make real pvprs rage quit if it has rewards
You don't even know the meaning of the word real pvp'ers, it worked successfully in EVE online why can't it here?

UGLYMRJ
12.04.2012 , 03:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
the space content they have now is good for single player pve, but it's only used primarily as a mini game! Space content needs something more than that.
IDK... I'm fine with it... I did the very first space mission during the low levels of my class quests. Completed it and haven't been in one damn space mission since.

I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. The game is fine with it as is. More important and productive things they could be working on. That's the kinda polish that comes in the 3rd year if we're lucky.

Technohic
12.04.2012 , 03:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Actually a very large of the population played it, you got it backwards
LMAO. Whatever you say.

CRNphg
12.04.2012 , 03:07 PM | #28
@reward discussion
Wouldn't it be kind of logical for space pvp to give ship upgrades as a reward? Or are you planning on throwing your elite war hero lightsaber through the window?

@space pvp
It could work but for it to be good it would need a lot of attention, attention that could be better spent on regular pvp and pvp content.
If there is time for it I can imagine a simplified version of X-wing vs Tie fighter, could be nice but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.
Raten - Insanity - Red eclipse
"Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."

UGLYMRJ
12.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CRNphg View Post
Wouldn't it be kind of logical for space pvp to give ship upgrades as a reward? Or are you planning on throwing your elite war hero lightsaber through the window?
I'll spec rage.... jump out the window and smash the galaxy for 9K crits, creating a black hole and ending the game as we know it today.

It will then be re-named: Star Wars: The apocalypse. Oddly enough it won't feel much different than before server transfers and we'll all be on planets by ourselves and maybe running into another person every few days.

williambr
12.04.2012 , 03:16 PM | #30
Space PVP? First you need space combat, than you need to convince people that pvp based on skill is fun.
I'm thinking by the time the super secret space project finally does come out, I'll be playing squadron 42/star citizen for my space pvp needs.

Still hoping for space pvp, or space combat in SWTOR, but I'm not even believing that it will be added anymore.

-off to enjoy one year anniversary fireworks.....
Don't take me too seriously, I don't