Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another Patch - Still CTD

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GillianS
12.04.2012 , 09:43 PM | #11
do you have no pride in your product bioware? if you do may i suggest finding the "programmer" that screwed up the engines garbage colletor, make him fix it and then promtly fire him.

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 10:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeTheDuke View Post
What is happening when it crashes. Granted if you have submitted a ticket then that information. If I can try and help you I will. Have you checked the Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

With that information if you can provide it it might help for some of the community to work out the issue. I have had some minor crash to desktop issues in the past. But have largely been fixed by me working out various elements that could be causing it.

I will not go through the usual stuff of, update this, update this. If it is crashing this often then post that info here and we will run with it from there OK.
...crash #.....? Losing count! 23:05

Nothing happens - just will just drop right to desktop. No error messages. Location doesn't seem to matter. Doing something (combat)...or not doing something (just standing still).... equals a crash. I have walked away to go do something...come back to find the game has crashed. It literally happens, almost to the minute...at 120 minutes of run time.

Now, judging from the countless threads - the "cookie cutter" support ticket responses - and the clear and evident lack of any sort of comments from a "Customer Service" (doesn't customer service...IMPLY, service?)...I'm making the judgment that either BW doesn't KNOW what to do - or simply doesn't care.

I am paying for this game - I have been paying for this game. This game DID run without issue for quite a long time. Then, I updated to the 1.4 patch and BOOM - game over. Now, every 120 minutes - my "game" crashes. I cannot run FP's...I cannot do raids. I've been removed from a guild because I can't properly preform as part of the unit, without having this game flop.

I appreciate the help from the community...so far, the most "customer service" I've seen on this thread yet.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

nattodaisuki
12.04.2012 , 10:15 PM | #13
Currently, with FTP launch which added many many other problems, the average wait time for a Ticket response is about 2 weeks.

Let's just say they are "Swamped" with tickets.... much more than they can handle efficiently.

I submit frequent bug reports in game which I don't necessarily need a reply to, often take about 3 to 5 days to get a automated response.

Regarding the CTD problem, they have already acknowledged it in this thread.
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

The "Easiest Way" the fix this problem is on your end, and upgrade from a 32-bit Operating System to a 64-bit one, and increasing your total memory to over 4 Gigs, since the majority of the people having CTD problems are those on 32-bit OS's or have 4 Gigs of memory or less.

I personally have 4 rigs that are able to play Swtor but I have never encountered a CTD simply because I don't use a 32-bit OS, all of my rigs have at least 8 Gigs of memory or more, and I know how to optimize my system for smooth game-play.

If you cannot afford to upgrade, then following this post
The Ultimate guide to speeding up win 7 on low/mid range systems ready for TOR!

may lessen your CTD frequency. ( by allocating more memory for the game )

Hopes it help in any way
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

KostonxEld
12.04.2012 , 10:18 PM | #14
Crashing to desktop still here also! Only started after 1.4 came out. I have been posting in the info request page on this issue also! Memory leak needs fixing soon! How can this still be ingame after so long!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 10:31 PM | #15
Natt, thank you for the info - that's awesome...I mean that. I'll have a look at it a little more in depth tomorrow...

For me, what I find bothersome is the fact that ok - it is a confirmed issue...yet, people are expected to upgrade their PC's to run a game that ran without MAJOR issue pre-1.4? So someone broke the game...and it's my fault? Simple solution would be = fix the game?

My system ran this game without issue - on highest settings. Now, this junk....

I have recieced responses to tickets - with exact same answer, regardless of what questions is asked...or information given. I have submitted file information - and have recieved no communication back.....no answers.

There are people working very hard to make this game work - and succeed - unfortunately, they don't work these forums....

We need a fix - this has gone on WAY too long. New content? Who cares if I can't stay in the game long enough to play it....

morfius
12.05.2012 , 03:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
...crash #.....? Losing count! 23:05

Nothing happens - just will just drop right to desktop. No error messages. Location doesn't seem to matter. Doing something (combat)...or not doing something (just standing still).... equals a crash. I have walked away to go do something...come back to find the game has crashed. It literally happens, almost to the minute...at 120 minutes of run time.

Now, judging from the countless threads - the "cookie cutter" support ticket responses - and the clear and evident lack of any sort of comments from a "Customer Service" (doesn't customer service...IMPLY, service?)...I'm making the judgment that either BW doesn't KNOW what to do - or simply doesn't care.

I am paying for this game - I have been paying for this game. This game DID run without issue for quite a long time. Then, I updated to the 1.4 patch and BOOM - game over. Now, every 120 minutes - my "game" crashes. I cannot run FP's...I cannot do raids. I've been removed from a guild because I can't properly preform as part of the unit, without having this game flop.

I appreciate the help from the community...so far, the most "customer service" I've seen on this thread yet.
Check your event viewer at least and check your memory usage in CTD moment (resource monitor on background).
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

DarkkChaos
12.05.2012 , 11:09 AM | #17
Day #2 - no responses from C/S (seriously, bang up jog guys)

I will have a look the next time game crashes....just had my 3rd crash today - so, should be another 120 minutes from now...give or take.

GrizzlyUK
12.05.2012 , 11:33 AM | #18
I envy those who get 1-2 hours of playtime before they get a CTD, my average is around 15-20 minutes! My longest game session without a CTD was 40 minutes, although the shortest was about 1 minute (CTD while logging in)!

I had CTD problems at game launch but those were eventually fixed, I took a break from the game after all the server merges were completed but returned when the 1.5. F2P patch arrived. Due to the sheer number of CTD's I get I've now taken another break from the game, just occasionally logging in to check for mail and to see if the CTD's have gone away after each patch!

It seems that EA have managed to drag BioWare's formerly excellent customer service down to the lowly, miserable depths that only EA inhabit!
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

DarkkChaos
12.05.2012 , 01:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Check your event viewer at least and check your memory usage in CTD moment (resource monitor on background).
13:57 - Crash....surprise, surprise - still no response's from C/S.

Checked usage less than 20%....absolutely nothing unusual. Nothing maxed out. Thoughts....

See ya again in another 120 minutes. Thing I don't understand...if it was issue on MY end - why are the crash's so precise? I mean....your talking within a 5 minute window - almost every 2 hours, on the dot!

DarkkChaos
12.05.2012 , 02:04 PM | #20
15:00 - crash.....memory was showing 16% usage.

Still awaiting a C/S post - I see they are actively helping the "paying" customers get their coins. Guess, if I was buying some CC packs.....I'd get a help a little faster, huh?