Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another Patch - Still CTD

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
Hello,

I have submitted several tickets in the last week....regarding this CTD (crash to desktop) fiasco that has ensued since the 1.4 update.

Can someone, somewhere...please provide some sort of information on what BW is doing to resolve this GROWING issue? You are aware of it....yet, I am still getting the exact same copy & paste response with every ticket.

Can someone provide some "actual" Customer Service to your customer's....
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 12:10 PM | #2
Well...since I just crashed at 13:08....figured I'd check this thread for updates.

....nothing yet, huh?

Cyberberus
12.04.2012 , 12:16 PM | #3
Over 200 replies to the request for info on the subject , looking over the wide range of gear and files at crash time the only unifying thing is maxed out memory (or so it seems).

Yet not a word on the subject, on the surface it seems like they are looking for something OTHER than the return of the memory leak to blame.

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 01:08 PM | #4
Ya...clearly all these people have broken PC's....can't be a game issue.

I'd rather see this game fixed - than another content drop. Content is useless....if I can't run the game for more than 2 hrs at a time.

Cyberberus
12.04.2012 , 01:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
Ya...clearly all these people have broken PC's....can't be a game issue.

I'd rather see this game fixed - than another content drop. Content is useless....if I can't run the game for more than 2 hrs at a time.
Given the number of cartel pack items for sale on the GTN market there are plenty of people dropping lots of cash in the cartel market, which insures that CC item content will be on the front burner for the foreseeable future.

Sadly its likely that people affected by the CTD will be just written off in favor of F2P CC buyers because there will probably be more of them, which would likely be the reason for the silence on the subject in the request for info thread... the thread is/was a stall tactic to get the F2P/CC market up and running.

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 01:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberberus View Post
Given the number of cartel pack items for sale on the GTN market there are plenty of people dropping lots of cash in the cartel market, which insures that CC item content will be on the front burner for the foreseeable future.

Sadly its likely that people affected by the CTD will be just written off in favor of F2P CC buyers because there will probably be more of them, which would likely be the reason for the silence on the subject in the request for info thread... the thread is/was a stall tactic to get the F2P/CC market up and running.
Well, I'm sure F2P players are also experiencing issues....hard to tell from poster's if they are sub's or F2P......but I do agree - I noticed new items in the market - yet, here we are...still dealing with a problem that is what, 2 months old?

14:51 - game crashed again.

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 03:42 PM | #7
3rd crash of the day : 16:41

3 crash....0 response's from "Customer Service"....winning!

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 05:42 PM | #8
Crash #4 - 18:40

Response from C/S to this thread......zero.

I'll see this thread again in another 2 hours.... :P

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 08:11 PM | #9
Crash #5 today...actually crashing while I type this on my iPhone.

21:11

Thank you for looking at this thread Customer Service!

MikeTheDuke
12.04.2012 , 08:36 PM | #10
What is happening when it crashes. Granted if you have submitted a ticket then that information. If I can try and help you I will. Have you checked the Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

With that information if you can provide it it might help for some of the community to work out the issue. I have had some minor crash to desktop issues in the past. But have largely been fixed by me working out various elements that could be causing it.

I will not go through the usual stuff of, update this, update this. If it is crashing this often then post that info here and we will run with it from there OK.