Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Servers just crashed...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CieioDelRey
12.04.2012 , 10:55 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
LOL... I'm betting you are the wrong person to stand in line behind at the store too, eh?
Yeah, any line I get into, I'm stuck behind some old person who bought a single piece of fruit with a coupon and is returning it, making me wait while they complain....

And if you're on Harbinger, I hope you're not behind me in Queue, as it's sure to crash again just as I reach second in line

monkgryphon
12.04.2012 , 10:59 AM | #72
Seems like Ebon Hawk and Harbinger are back up... not Bastion yet. At the time of this post.

Danbuterx
12.04.2012 , 11:00 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
People will use anything to make that exclamation. Just saying, we've already heard that time and again, and the game seems to remain.
City of Heroes players said the same thing. As I hinted at, if I didn't care, I wouldn't even know the servers were down.

MiraniSedai
12.04.2012 , 11:02 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by tausser View Post
I keep telling them to drape the extension cords *overhead*, not jut run them across the floor where anyone can trip over them.
You know I actually played a small MMO at one point where the Owner/Lead programmer literally DID trip over the power cord and take the world offline for about 20 minutes.

revansowns
12.04.2012 , 11:07 AM | #75
OK I have defended Bioware from the beginning, but I am SICK of the Harbinger crashing, 3 or 4 times in the past month is unacceptable for paying subscribers. I think the game is the best game I've ever played, but I can't really say that unless I CAN play it. I pin this on EA. Stop being cheapskates and hire a larger dev team. They are overworked because of EA's greed, simple as that.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

bahdasz
12.04.2012 , 11:15 AM | #76
Gee, I doubt very much that it has anything to do with the servers being overpoplulated since F2P started...

Andryah
12.04.2012 , 11:48 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
OK I have defended Bioware from the beginning, but I am SICK of the Harbinger crashing, 3 or 4 times in the past month is unacceptable for paying subscribers.
Harbinger has been off line more hours for scheduled maintenance then it has for server crashes.

Chill, IMO.

I've been impacted by 2 crashes on Harbinger this month. Lost maybe an hour of play time as a result. By comparison... I slept about 250 hours when the server was up and healthy. So I've impacted myself way more then anything Bioware has as far as server availability. I suspect the same is true for you as well.

Perspective > feelings of entitlement.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

Andryah
12.04.2012 , 11:50 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Gee, I doubt very much that it has anything to do with the servers being overpoplulated since F2P started...

Can't blame the crash this morning on server population.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

revansowns
12.04.2012 , 01:40 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Harbinger has been off line more hours for scheduled maintenance then it has for server crashes.

Chill, IMO.

I've been impacted by 2 crashes on Harbinger this month. Lost maybe an hour of play time as a result. By comparison... I slept about 250 hours when the server was up and healthy. So I've impacted myself way more then anything Bioware has as far as server availability. I suspect the same is true for you as well.

Perspective > feelings of entitlement.
Haha well said. I was just caught up in the moment cause I wanted to play since I just finished an exam at college
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

Andryah
12.04.2012 , 01:57 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Haha well said. I was just caught up in the moment cause I wanted to play since I just finished an exam at college
Totally understandable. Hard work deserves some hard play.

Happily, they caught the Harbinger hamster and got him back on his wheel.