Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installin main assets 93 (0%)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zoozy
12.04.2012 , 09:44 AM | #1
Zoozy Sith Marauder <Za Drots> Tomb of Freedom Nadd

echis
12.04.2012 , 09:45 AM | #2
Experiencing the same problem.
Echis
<Impetus Norvegicus>
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ValonHeler
12.04.2012 , 10:20 AM | #3
Same here. I was getting to 85% and then hanging. Did all these and now hang at 0%
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger blaster

germicide
12.04.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
Same problem here... stuck at "main assets 93 (18%) and computer freeze. Few patch ago got similar problem that I could not fix... got to delete and re-instal the game last time...
SWTOR: The Sunrunner Lagacy

GEWill
12.04.2012 , 10:39 AM | #5
I am getting hung up on Game Client 76 (46%) and nothing I have done so far has allowed me to get it to progress any further.

Zoozy
12.04.2012 , 10:52 AM | #6
i download new client via torrent and than updater download all from 1.5.0. Now all ok.

ValonHeler
12.04.2012 , 11:03 AM | #7
I should NOT have to re-download the client to fix this.
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger blaster

Sutii
12.04.2012 , 09:38 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

With regards to the problem you are reporting could you please provide the following information:
  1. Information from the Windows Event Log:
  2. Any results from the diagnosing hardware failures steps below:
    1. Run chkdsk
      • For Windows 7/Vista:
        Right click on the drive you want to check (in Windows Explorer) and select Properties. Now click on the "Tools" tab and press "Check now..." at the top under 'Error-checking'
      • For Windows XP
        1. Open the Windows Start Menu
        2. Type ‘cmd’ in the ‘Search programs and files’ field. A black icon will appear called "cmd", please right click this and then click "Run as administrator"
        3. Once this has loaded please type “chkdsk” and then press enter.

Please perform this on all hard drives.

2. Run memtest86+ (www.memtest.org)
      Please run the memtest at least 6 times.
  3. Check your Power Options to avoid ‘sleep’ settings, to do this please follow the steps below:
    1. Open the Windows Start Menu.
    2. Select ‘Control Panel’
    3. Select 'Hardware and Sound'
    4. Select ‘Power Options’
    5. Set your plan to ‘High Performance’ or if you have a custom plan, change the ‘Put the computer to sleep:’ to ‘Never’.
Please note that while we can recommend using memtest86+ to try and help diagnose these issues, unfortunately we cannot offer support in the use of this program.

Once I have this information I will endeavour to assist you further.

Thanks!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Zoozy
12.05.2012 , 12:02 PM | #9
why i should use some tests if i download 1.5.0 client and re-install it.

I play swtor 4-5 month from release and start play month ago. I never have problems before with downloading but with 1.5.2 patch i can't update. You think many people can't download your update because our computers is bad?
There is only one solution for this issue - RE-INSTALL CLIENT. You can put in archive client 1.5.0 or older and if you have some issues - re-install. it's more faster than your answers.

Beesodd
12.05.2012 , 12:10 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Zoozy,

The following steps should help without necessitating a re-install (technically it reinstalls, but not in the remove everything and re-add sense).

Please double check that (if you have it installed on your machine) your Java is up to date.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, navigate to the game directory and delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and let it patch.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.