Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My satisfactory take on SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
My satisfactory take on SWTOR

Azazzello
12.20.2011 , 03:52 AM | #1
The things that bother me, in a sense, if i can keep having fun in game in a long run:

1. Issues with UI and key bindings. These affect to the longetivity and fluidity of game play. This should be the core focus in improvements and fixes in my opinion. At the moment the means that the game is offering is hindering my game play.
Quote: Originally Posted by Azazzello View Post
2 binding suggestions:

1. Hard coded "Open ticket" - "" (in my euro keyb next to "1") to be released for players to bind freely.

2. "<" (In my euro keyboard next left-shift) to be a bindable key.

Those 2 are one of those "quck access" keys, and considering the amount of abilities, without them the game play is hindered quite a bit. I know nothing about the aspects of game client coding, but leaving out options for players to better their game play is uncomprehensible to me.
Cheers

2. Unpolished game engine / client. Issues with graphical glitches, graphical options missing... in short, the game doesn't deliver as much as it could in terms of performance and the "feel" of game environment.

3. Some other suggestions:
- Option to disable "auto-center camera".

BUT all in all, i still do enjoy the game and will do so, hopefully much longer than the 1st month. In the other hand, very puzzled why the mentioned stuff is in the game at the release. Maybe my perspective as a player towards game development is way off, but what i know, its a honest consumer experience.

Fingers crossed for upcoming patches!

EDIT:
2 new things i've noticed the past week or so.

1. The cursor sometimes disappears when zoning into an instance. You can still see it interracting with UI - just circling your mouse around and around you see it highlight stuff. Cursor usually pops up on screen after you've done something with your toon involving some right-clicks with your mouse....

2. My playstyle involves holding down right mouse button while moving the camera around, usually more if i have to throw some heals to other players...
--> Clicking left to choose a target for my heal followed by a hot key command (my scoundrel; ctrl-1 or ctrl-2), the aforementioned LEADS the camera to be locked if trying to move the camera with my right mouse button held down.
EDIT 2 (about patch 1.1):

Quote:
Rushing this major patch has brought plain unfunfactor than anything else. For example Ilum... i actually sweared out loud playing while watching the slide show.
- Companion bugs still exists.
- Found out yuo can't complete new hard mode fp, if you wipe on bonus boss.
- The forementioned where something included in patch notes, all the other old bugs and annoyances still apply, of course.
- Still can't abandon those specific quests
- They apparently fixed a body issue collision bug, something that i never experienced, but those 2 in Alderaan and Corellia that i did, were not fixed.

So...
can't think of any improvements implemented in this patch from my pov. I sincerely hope they prioritize updates and touch on critical issues, other than the mindboggling ability icon cooldown feature, that really just hurt the game play.

Shadysketchy
12.20.2011 , 03:54 AM | #2
I agree with your points, OP

It seems that BioWare has decided to compete with the US release of Aion, and what's left of Rift; rather than trying to compete with WoW

Either that, or they thought that competing with WoW's beta was an acceptable method of competing with WoW... confusing to say the least

At any rate; I've lowered my expectations dramatically, and found myself less dissapointed as time goes on.

truedark
12.20.2011 , 03:56 AM | #3
Trust me, this engine is remarkably well polished. Proof? Look at Skyrim and tell me that its polished. SWTOR ain't even close the stupidity of bugs that make it through in Skyrim.
CE VIP

kalarro
12.20.2011 , 03:57 AM | #4
What is the problem with key binding? I could bind all I wanted, even to extra mouse buttons and key combinations.

Azazzello
12.20.2011 , 04:00 AM | #5
Kinda agree.... and i'm playing both at the moment. But it's all about the "feel", hence the .ini tweaks and graphical issues etc. flooding all over the webz.

Quote: Originally Posted by truedark View Post
Trust me, this engine is remarkably well polished. Proof? Look at Skyrim and tell me that its polished. SWTOR ain't even close the stupidity of bugs that make it through in Skyrim.

Azazzello
12.20.2011 , 04:03 AM | #6
For me, hard coded "" (next to "1") and "<" next to left-shift. Sounds minor, but if you're used to something, playing without them can make you feel almost disabled.

Quote: Originally Posted by kalarro View Post
What is the problem with key binding? I could bind all I wanted, even to extra mouse buttons and key combinations.

Azazzello
12.21.2011 , 05:15 AM | #7
.Bump.

Viashivan
12.21.2011 , 05:17 AM | #8
.Bump.
you better stop bumping your whinethread

Azazzello
12.21.2011 , 05:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Viashivan View Post
you better stop bumping your whinethread
No tears we're shed posting this!

PS. Glad your assisting me keeping it up.

Litvan
12.23.2011 , 05:41 AM | #10
No tears we're shed posting this!

PS. Glad your assisting me keeping it up.
+1 just for handing him his *** on a silver platter :P
another +1 for a bump ^^
SSDD
Litvan