Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Stasis damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Stasis damage

OpeningToEndgame
12.04.2012 , 07:37 AM | #1
I am taking 1400 ticks of damage from this ability from Gaurdians. Then a 6300 sweep/kick/smash whatever it's called. Is this intended? Seems like a bit much.

SOULCASTER
12.04.2012 , 07:39 AM | #2
Welcome to SWTOR PVP, you must be new here. Where you by chance stunned 1 to 6x in between those as well?
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

OpeningToEndgame
12.04.2012 , 07:41 AM | #3
Lol. I've done nothing but PvP since I started playing in March. The Smash I already am aware of. The FS is what bothers me.

Lejune
12.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #4
Yeah, man..there is no way in Hell they should be hitting that hard with all the cc/interupts they have at their disposal. I don't know which is worse...the big numbers or just the fact you can move while they hit you with the big numbers. It can't be both ways BW!

rawfox
12.06.2012 , 12:23 PM | #5
crit happens ^^

Helig
12.06.2012 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
I am taking 1400 ticks of damage from this ability from Gaurdians. Then a 6300 sweep/kick/smash whatever it's called. Is this intended? Seems like a bit much.
Focus spec with high Surge and Power - possibly with Warzone Expertise buff, and voila, 1400 crit Stasis ticks on 1 min c/d. Not a huge problem, tbh.

Sweep is a different matter, however. It does need to be toned down - but without nerfing other specs (Sweep is pretty much the strongest Guardian AoE, even untalented, if we don't count 31Defense, which is cringe-worthy for a 31-pointer). Also, before nerfing Sweep, I'd rather see them buff Vigilance to be something more than a spec to hybrid Defense with for lolball and serving as someone's guard-slave.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

PowerReaper
12.06.2012 , 12:27 PM | #7
This is the first time i've ever heard someone complain about Force Choke/Stasis damage rofl. (Its called Critical Hit for a reason)
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel

Ramtar
12.06.2012 , 12:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
What's your Expertise, and yes it's intended. As some posters have said you must be new to 50 PvP.

50 PvP has 2 modes: Hard and Nightmare.

You want Easy and Story mode PvP: stay in 10-49.

Ramtar
12.06.2012 , 12:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Focus spec with high Surge and Power - possibly with Warzone Expertise buff, and voila, 1400 crit Stasis ticks on 1 min c/d. Not a huge problem, tbh.

Sweep is a different matter, however. It does need to be toned down - but without nerfing other specs (Sweep is pretty much the strongest Guardian AoE, even untalented, if we don't count 31Defense, which is cringe-worthy for a 31-pointer). Also, before nerfing Sweep, I'd rather see them buff Vigilance to be something more than a spec to hybrid Defense with for lolball and serving as someone's guard-slave.
Sorry, but Sweep/Smash doesn't need any toning down. Max out your Expertise for the 20% PvP Damage Reduction, and L2P your class fully.

Sweep untalented is a weak attack.

Helig
12.06.2012 , 12:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Sorry, but Sweep/Smash doesn't need any toning down. Max out your Expertise for the 20% PvP Damage Reduction, and L2P your class fully.

Sweep untalented is a weak attack.
You realize that maxing out Expertise provides 21+% damage increase as well, right? Advise me to roll Marauder (which is, ironically, my second main) for 30% AoE damage reduction too, will you?

Also, pretty sure I know my class well enough. Probably better than you. Played all possible and impossible specs of the Guardian in both organized and casual PvP and got minmaxed gear for every single playstyle.

Sweep is our strongest baseline AoE attack. Don't believe me, spec 0/0/0 and compare the numbers.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie